IGNORED

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

iX NES Xi

• 8 months later...

Excellent. Much as I love Sonic Team games (well, older ones), I can't stand that grinning blue git. Now his destiny, it seems, is to lie a broken, burnt smouldering wreck, while Pikachu continues to expel thundershock after thundershock into his lifeless corpse! :) And with any luck, Mr Ressetti will laugh while K.K.Slider plays comic songs.

:D

liveinabin's post reminded me that a few days ago while watching the HD Planet Earth episode Ice Worlds one of the animals shown was a Pika. I was like. Wait a minute, you mean that character wasn't made up, there's no way tho, Pikas even look like Pikachu.

pika.gif

I don't think they can shoot lightning though.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/11/smash-br...il-february-10/

At a media summit this morning in San Francisco, Nintendo of America's George Harrison (via MTV Multiplayer) has confirmed that the US version of Smash Bros. Brawl will follow in its Japanese brethren's footsteps and be delayed until February 10, 2008.

No word yet on a delay for PAL territories.

Personally, I think Nintendo should have swapped the focus between SSBB and SMG. If anything, I think SSBB would have sold more Wii for Christmas than Galaxy will. But...who knows...

I plan to get both. What is really strange about all of that...is that I can see myself wanting Galaxy as I like Mario platformers. But I never cared for the fighting genre much at all. Even the past SSB games didn't appeal to me and I don't own any of them. However, the character lineup in Brawl, different arenas, and just everything they seem to be cramming into this title has me interested in it. I'll likely NOT pick it up on release and will wait for a price drop unless the reviews and word of mouth tempt me otherwise.

There was a lot of recent debate on whether or not Brawl would be online. It might be that Nintendo hadn't really decided until a few months ago and have now said it would have online play. This delay might be due entirely to getting the online portion of the game up and running.

Just speculating.

Mendon

This is a good thing ultimately, they've already got SMG coming out for the Christmas season and SMG and SSB:B would cut into each other's sales.

I'm sure Super Mario Galaxy is going to be awesome, but let's just be fair. Nothing on the Wii, ever, is going to cut into Smash Bros. sales. That will pretty much be the peak right there. I'm sure a lot of people were sufficiently let down by Super Mario Sunshine to at least wait around for a price drop on Galaxy, but nobody wants anything like Nintendo fans want more Smash Bros.

liveinabin's post reminded me that a few days ago while watching the HD Planet Earth episode Ice Worlds one of the animals shown was a Pika. I was like. Wait a minute, you mean that character wasn't made up, there's no way tho, Pikas even look like Pikachu.

pika.gif

I don't think they can shoot lightning though.

They can shoot sparks, but you have to REALLY stamp down hard on them. Try it at home, kids.