IGNORED

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

BydoEmpire

Just a thought but I wonder how it would do to make a "pinball table" add-on for the controllers?

You would need an apparatus shaped similarly to the front portion of a pinball table (just the housing, and possibly something made of the same materials as a real pinball table). On the sides of the "mini-cabinet" would be compartments that hold the wii remote and nunchuck adaptor in place inside the cabinet. On the sides of the cabinet are real flipper buttons from a pinball machine, attached to a device that would activate the Z and B buttons on the remote when pressed.

You could also have a plunger device as on a real table, connected through a spring-loaded device that would somehow work the thumbstick to make for real plunger control in the game, too. And as for shaking the table, the cabinet would hold the remotes steady in place, and you can shake the entire mini-cabinet apparatus to simulate shaking the table (or bang-back if you like to throw a little abuse into your pinballing :D ).

Edited by rockman_x_2002

• 2 weeks later...
I have it myself and it's a pretty cool game.

Funhouse is my favorite of the title. I used to love playing that in the arcades.

Between this and Carnival Games (I read and responded to your other thread), your Wii collection is off to a great start. :)

I'm curious: what else do you have? Sounds like we have similar tastes.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine just arrived in the mail today, and I have to say this is definitely the best 20 bucks I've ever spent on a game. I went right to Taxi since that was my favorite in the group and I ended up playing it for almost two hours haha. I've only gotten around to playing a few other tables so far, but all are excellent.

Ya, agreed. A most excellant game. I have a real Williams Taxi in my personal collection, but love playing it on the Wii almost as much. The ball physics are incredible and the smart camera is the best. Definitely a great buy for anyone who grew up playing some of these machines. A real no-brainer purchase :)

Just nitpicking but why use the nunchuck in your LEFT hand to pull back the plunger on the RIGHT side of the screen?

Because that's the way the Nunchuk is normally held, and there is no analog stick on the Wii Remote.

I know, it vexed me for a few minutes, but once I realized that it didn't detract from the game I was fine with it. :D

Just nitpicking but why use the nunchuck in your LEFT hand to pull back the plunger on the RIGHT side of the screen?

Because that's the way the Nunchuk is normally held, and there is no analog stick on the Wii Remote.

I know, it vexed me for a few minutes, but once I realized that it didn't detract from the game I was fine with it. :D

I don't ... well not for this game... just tell it you are left handed... I think... or maybe my mind left.... that might be it too. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The entire day is "Wii Day" on the Amazon Gold Box Deals.

At 6am, 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 3pm, and 6pm a new Wii game will be added to the list and will be available until the title is sold out. I haven't heard any speculation on what titles will be available, so all Wii owners might want to check a few times today to see what's on sale.

Mendon

At 6am, 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 3pm, and 6pm a new Wii game will be added to the list and will be available until the title is sold out.

Is there a link to this list? :ponder:

link for the amazonically challenged

Pinball Hall of Fame is awesome. It may very possibly be my absolute favorite game on the Wii.

Thanks for the heads up, ordered it today.

I loved the PS2 version of this (Got it at launch since it was only around $13 or so compared to $30 for the Wii version), and have wanted the extra two tables the Wii version has ever since.

You won't be disappointed.

If my thread helped only one person get this game....it was worth it to me.

My job here is done.

I know I won't, I have the PS2 version and have really enjoyed it.

Sadly that one doesn't include Jive Time or Sorcerer though, so I'm just getting this to experience those two tables.

I don't know why they do that. The same thing was done when they ported the first Pinball Hall of Fame to the PSP and Wii (The Wii version only saw release in Europe) when they added El Dorado, Goin' Nuts, and Strikes n' Spares to the lineup. So I had to buy the PSP version to get the new exclusive PSP/Wii tables even though I already owned the GameCube release.

Edited by Atariboy

• 1 month later...
I finally got a Wii and picked up this awesome game! My wife even plays every once in a while so it was the best $20 i spent on a game in a long time. :)

There's even more good news for you then. Alien Crush Returns is rumored to come to North America Wiiware this coming week (assuming you're in North America)

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14273092.html

I finally got a Wii and picked up this awesome game! My wife even plays every once in a while so it was the best $20 i spent on a game in a long time. :)

There's even more good news for you then. Alien Crush Returns is rumored to come to North America Wiiware this coming week (assuming you're in North America)

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14273092.html

Awesome! Williams Pinball is a great game to have for casual gamers that are over who are sick of the usual (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Carnival Games, etc). Glad to hear another good pinball game might be coming out soon too :D

I haven't picked up a Wii yet but I did score the PS2 version of the game... its the same exact games as the Wii version except that 2 of the oldest tables are missing. :( I'm just waiting for Santa to get me a Wii for Christmas so I can get all of the tables.

For the people who think video pinball cannot be realistic: I own a "Black Knight" pinball machine and let me tell you the emulation is spot on! Now if I could somehow make a pinball controller for the PS2.

My only regret is that this collection lacks High Speed... (dispatch this is 504!) Maybe they will make a sequel? <crosses fingers>