IGNORED

anybody else see their eBay feedback number change?

Zwackery

When I first saw this thread, I checked my feedback and it had not changed.

Now, a mere few hours later, it has skyrocketed upward and, even more to my liking, my four negatives no longer show up, as they are many years old, so my overall rating is now 100%! Woo-hoo!

just read the thread and checked my feedback

went from 418 to 480 and i also now have 100%

i also had 2 negatives from ages ago removed from my profile

thanx for making me check

When I first saw this thread, I checked my feedback and it had not changed.

Now, a mere few hours later, it has skyrocketed upward and, even more to my liking, my four negatives no longer show up, as they are many years old, so my overall rating is now 100%! Woo-hoo!

just read the thread and checked my feedback

went from 418 to 480 and i also now have 100%

i also had 2 negatives from ages ago removed from my profile

thanx for making me check

mine up about 22 points

(I thought I'd toss this in the thread from eBay's Feedback Forum. I highlighted some of the major changes in purple text.)

What changes are being made to the eBay Feedback system?

The main changes to the system being introduced in May:

1. Beginning in February 2008, we enabled buyers and sellers to earn up to one Feedback per week from the same trading partner. In May we will provide credit for similar repeat transactions going back to when the system was introduced in 1996. This change will encourage repeat transactions and reward good service.
  2. In May, sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers.
  3. Removal of negative and neutral Feedback left by members who are suspended or who fail to respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) Process.
  4. Positive Feedback percentage will be based on the past 12 months of Feedback, rather than lifetime, since it is most indicative of the seller's recent performance.
  5. Restrictions on when Feedback can be left:
    • Buyers must wait seven days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for active PowerSellers who have been registered for at least 12 months.
    • Members must leave Feedback within 60 days of the transaction closing (today members have up to 90 days).

[*]Removal of Mutual Feedback Withdrawal.

Woot! Mine shot up from 165 to 209. More importantly the 2 bullshit negs I got as retaliation are completely gone so I'm back at 100%

I LOVE YOU EBAY!!!!!

Why can't sellers give neg feedback to buyers anymore?

Because bad sellers were scaring away buyers so Ebay had to do something. Sellers were mostly using feedback as a bargaining chip and never leaving feedback for buyers who paid promptly. So, nobody was leaving feedback, PLUS buyers were steering clear because of sellers' tactics. Much better system now, and a lot more people are happy than upset.

[*]In May, sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers.

I actually had a pop up on ebay when I went to leave a feedback today telling me this.

yup, me too - I got curious and dug up some old auctions I had not yet left feedback on, and as far back as an auction that ended on April 4th, I got the pop-up saying that the seller could not leave anything but positive feedback...I guess the ability to leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers has now been universally removed

I think that sellers will get more negative feedback, because buyers will have no reason to try an work disputes out.

Problems come up, it's life. If you have a few thousand transactions, eventually a label will get switched on two packages, or an item will come up missing in the mail due to legitimate postal error. I'm not looking forward to the fall out because no one wants to communicate through problems anymore. I fear the worst with this change. Other sites are using the same methods that eBay is going to, and while they [other site] MAKE MORE MONEY, the sellers are not happy about it. This will help eBay, but hurt sellers, IMHO.

As a buyer, I'M HAPPY about this, because I have been burned too many times to count on all my digits.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax