IGNORED

The new guy and his collection

Horst

I've posted here a few times but now I'm bored. So a little introduction and history.

My name is Mike and I've wanted a Lynx since about 1990. I remember going in to Toys R Us with my parents and just staring at all the Atari's behind glass. I begged my parents to buy me one, but they were a princely sum of about 300 bucks! Being ten and Christmas just around the corner I added it to my wishlist. So on Christmas morning 1990 I wasn't too surprised to see a nice big box under the tree ooooooooh! Got to be a Lynx! Nope my parents screwed up royally-Power Glove... After about an hour of trying to get that p.o.s. to work it went back in the box and was returned for a Game Boy. My Lynx dreams disappeared for a good 15 years.

Surfing Ebay drunk one night I put a bid in on 3 of them a Virtual Boy and a Turbo Express-Ebay and booze don't mix...

So here's what I've managed to collect in the past two years.

post-17464-1213061034_thumb.jpg

post-17464-1213061075_thumb.jpg

I've posted here a few times but now I'm bored. So a little introduction and history.

My name is Mike and I've wanted a Lynx since about 1990. I remember going in to Toys R Us with my parents and just staring at all the Atari's behind glass. I begged my parents to buy me one, but they were a princely sum of about 300 bucks! Being ten and Christmas just around the corner I added it to my wishlist. So on Christmas morning 1990 I wasn't too surprised to see a nice big box under the tree ooooooooh! Got to be a Lynx! Nope my parents screwed up royally-Power Glove... After about an hour of trying to get that p.o.s. to work it went back in the box and was returned for a Game Boy. My Lynx dreams disappeared for a good 15 years.

Surfing Ebay drunk one night I put a bid in on 3 of them a Virtual Boy and a Turbo Express-Ebay and booze don't mix...

So here's what I've managed to collect in the past two years.

post-17464-1213061034_thumb.jpg

post-17464-1213061075_thumb.jpg

Your story made me shed a tear :sad: I would be so pist if I wanted a something and then got the complete opposite..must have been the worst christmas ever

Edited by Gemeni

The Lynx was the object of my childhood desires as well, I remember studying a 8 page (or so) Lynx ad that came with EGM or some other magazine at the time. I eventually ended up getting a Lynx, but it was when they were clearing out for $100 with the 4 pack in games. I still love the system and have fun playing a lot of the games.

I must be the odd one out here.. reading all these threads about people wanting Lynx's, and being annoyed if they got a Gameboy.

I got my Gameboy one Xmas (I think I must've been 5... so that makes it about 1993), have always enjoyed my Gameboy!

I remember later on, around 1999 when I was 12 or so seeing a Lynx for sale at a secondhand shop, had no idea what they were though.

Now I've got several Lynxs and several Gameboys... couldn't live without either! :D

Very nice collection though by the way! Impressive.

I owned a Lynx at launch, it was great. The only shitty game I bought for it was Electrocop, the rest were all winners. I sadly sold it in Highschool for like $20 for ciggarettes and gas money. I want to start collecting CIB Lynx stuff one of these days. Seems like one of the few systems I could actually get a complete set of games for, well maybe not all the Homebrew stuff...

I owned a Lynx at launch, it was great. The only shitty game I bought for it was Electrocop, the rest were all winners. I sadly sold it in Highschool for like $20 for ciggarettes and gas money. I want to start collecting CIB Lynx stuff one of these days. Seems like one of the few systems I could actually get a complete set of games for, well maybe not all the Homebrew stuff...

Yeah but back then 20.00 bought you 5 packs of cigarettes and 10 gallons of gas, today those cigs and gas would be worth about 75.00 bucks... :D :D

I never thought I'd be telling a I remember when story about the price of stuff at 28.... :ponder:

I owned a Lynx at launch, it was great. The only shitty game I bought for it was Electrocop, the rest were all winners.

Electrocop was the 1st boxed lynx game i bought for the system when i originally bought the lynx on release.i thought it was an amazing game a the timewith stunning gfx ,completed it many times.

it was also the game that made most ppl say wow! when the saw the gfx on a handheld console!

suppose its all down to personal preference but imho Electrocop is a long way from being "shitty" :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well i didnt have such fond memories like some here, but i rememeber when i was 11 (yea im not that old..) my parents said they had bought me a handheld after i repetivly moaned at them for weeks and when my birthday came my parents bought me a game gear with sonic! Now at the time (early 90s) the market seemed to be satuated with handheld devices, from LCD games to gimicy things like the 'barcode battler' or the game.com and i honestly had no idea what my parents were buying me! I dont regret getting a game gear because i loved that thing to pieces (and it did brake into pieces at one point!) but it wasnt until a few years later when a UK company called "Tandy" got rights to sell the Lynx and Jaguar, and i was amazed and curious about these consoles that id never heard of before, so they stuck in my mind, until years later where i found a lynx in a second hand shop with blue lightening.

Now im a big collector of games, and i did have a lynx and a plethoria of games but due to university fees i had to sell the lot and now i REALLY wish i hadnt. Oh well their's always this years Jagfest uk to buy one again!

Edited by thund3r

Well i didnt have such fond memories like some here, but i rememeber when i was 11 (yea im not that old..) my parents said they had bought me a handheld after i repetivly moaned at them for weeks and when my birthday came my parents bought me a game gear with sonic! Now at the time (early 90s) the market seemed to be satuated with handheld devices, from LCD games to gimicy things like the 'barcode battler' or the game.com and i honestly had no idea what my parents were buying me! I dont regret getting a game gear because i loved that thing to pieces (and it did brake into pieces at one point!) but it wasnt until a few years later when a UK company called "Tandy" got rights to sell the Lynx and Jaguar, and i was amazed and curious about these consoles that id never heard of before, so they stuck in my mind, until years later where i found a lynx in a second hand shop with blue lightening.

Now im a big collector of games, and i did have a lynx and a plethoria of games but due to university fees i had to sell the lot and now i REALLY wish i hadnt. Oh well their's always this years Jagfest uk to buy one again!

JagFest U.K. :cool: