IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

I'd be in for one for sure. The only reason I dont have one now is the pain in the butt of doing a money order.

well, you can't even get an international money order to the ukraine. I went to the post office and they told me it was on "the list", whatever the fuck that means... you can not get an international money order to send there afaik.

keep in mind if I import them I will be selling them a bit higher than $65. probably like $75 or $80. I might make custom cases from recycled genny carts too and a manual which it desperately needs for simple questions. anyway, you won't save that much money getting it from me vs the $20 western union fee but you'll have paypal protection and assurance from me that you'll get it with no hassle.

that would be great Mark! I was hoping it would get a case also.. Hope to see a review from someone who gets it soon.

once I play with it more I will post a mini review with more details. just for now take my word that it rocks hard! :P

btw: I have a dremmel and some good tools so I can def make some cases and put together a quick and easy faq/manual in a text format so, we'll see if we can get like 6 people to put down a deposit via paypal for me to import them, put 'em in a case and then send 'em out to the buyers. I hope to have better luck then when axe tried to do this last year with the tg16 flash cards

Totally worth paying a little extra and makes complete sense if your putting in some extra work!

The new Genesis flash website is back up:

http://krikzz.com/index.html

I noticed it says "plays most SMS games" and I did not see a mention of 32x support. Neither are big issues and I can't wait for the review!

So Mark, you got one of these already? The guy is trustworthy? Seems like you can Western Union online with a debit card for a total of $80 ($15 fee, so it's like shipping). I'm very tempted.

AX

The new Genesis flash website is back up:

http://krikzz.com/index.html

I noticed it says "plays most SMS games" and I did not see a mention of 32x support. Neither are big issues and I can't wait for the review!

So Mark, you got one of these already? The guy is trustworthy? Seems like you can Western Union online with a debit card for a total of $80 ($15 fee, so it's like shipping). I'm very tempted.

AX

yes, very trustworthy. the OS on this flash cart is amazing. best flash cart interface I've ever used and you know I have almost all of them. The save features do not work on the CDX for some reason but all other Genny's work, not sure about clones. it actually has 4 sram slots and you can save and load saves right from the front menu. really cool cart.

edit- btw: it says on the site that 32x is not supported.

What is the best flash for the GBA using SD or microSD? The ezflash does not seem to be made anymore. It would be great if it could play GB and GBC games also.

the best one imho is the "M3 MicroSD". this thing rocks. just dump the gba roms on there and go. you can also run the goomba emu on it and open gb/gbc roms with pretty good compatibility.

not sure if the cart is still available but when I got it, it was the only one that worked without having to process the roms first.

the only thing that is a little dicey is the save function, it is a pain to back up your save. i tend to play a game from beginning to end without running anything else so i don't have to bother. thew save holds when powered off but will be erased if you load a different game. there is a stupid process to back up the save and sometimes it fucks up.

What is the best flash for the GBA using SD or microSD? The ezflash does not seem to be made anymore. It would be great if it could play GB and GBC games also.

I'd say:

absolute best - M3 SD Perfect, no patching, no slowdowns, no save issues (no longer produced)

second best - EZ Flash IV, requires patching, no slowdowns, should not have save issues after patching (available until very recently)

third best - Supercard SD, requires patching, slowdown on some games, some save issues (still available)

Older USB 'linker' type - flash2advance Ultra, very good (no longer produced)

ooh looks like a memory card slot on that??

Yes, it's a Micro SD. Bit of a pain to hand solder, but it fits nicely on the PCB.

Let me know when that comes out

A while yet, but definitely this year.

Id love to get a cart that can be updated and hold everything

Everything now and in the future. Including Animaction support and bank-switched (64K) games.

ooh looks like a memory card slot on that??

Yes, it's a Micro SD. Bit of a pain to hand solder, but it fits nicely on the PCB.

Let me know when that comes out

A while yet, but definitely this year.

Id love to get a cart that can be updated and hold everything

Everything now and in the future. Including Animaction support and bank-switched (64K) games.

I'll go on the preorder list... :-)

absolute best - M3 SD Perfect, no patching, no slowdowns, no save issues (no longer produced)

the M3 micro sd is the same cart isn't it? you have to manually put a blank save file on the card and name it exactly the same as the rom. you have to manually press some buttons to make it write the save from ram to the file. if you forget and switch roms with a rom that also has sram, you're fucked. if you're saying the m3 perfect saves automatically and writes it to file without doing anything, I'd be interested to know that.

the M3 micro sd is the same cart isn't it? you have to manually put a blank save file on the card and name it exactly the same as the rom. you have to manually press some buttons to make it write the save from ram to the file. if you forget and switch roms with a rom that also has sram, you're fucked. if you're saying the m3 perfect saves automatically and writes it to file without doing anything, I'd be interested to know that.

Interesting... I would be most interested in a SD/micro flash card for the GBC or GBA that can play GB,GBC and GBA games without having to do extra work. I am not concerned about the save files if I have to do something special for that though. It does not sound like there is really anything for me yet.

if you're saying the m3 perfect saves automatically and writes it to file without doing anything, I'd be interested to know that.

You know I'm pretty sure it did (on system power cycle), though I can't say for certain now because my f*ing M3 up and died for no reason a while back. Though I was more specifically referring to just not having save issues in general with different games.

if you're saying the m3 perfect saves automatically and writes it to file without doing anything, I'd be interested to know that.

You know I'm pretty sure it did (on system power cycle), though I can't say for certain now because my f*ing M3 up and died for no reason a while back. Though I was more specifically referring to just not having save issues in general with different games.

ahh ok. yeah i wish they still made that cart. it really is the best gba cart out there. all the others require you to process the roms first with pc software, Supercard being the main culprit. everything else is a flash cart that you have to have a parallel port and it will of course only hold a certain number of games.

oh, there is another way. if you have one of the DS slot 1 carts along with a slot 2 ram expansion cart you can use the gba-loader.nds program. it uses the ram card to run the gba game. this works pretty well actually but you need to use a DS of course.

does anyone know if the neo team has an sd or micro sd gba cart that will run unprocessed 'clean' gba roms? Axe posted a link to one earlier in this thread that might work.

http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=41&cat=5&page=1

all the others require you to process the roms first with pc software, Supercard being the main culprit.

Yeah, that and the fact the Supercard experiences slowdowns with some games puts it dead last on my list. Unfortunately the EZ card that darkthur posted seems to have passed into the realm of no longer available as well.

For running GBA on NDS, I'd say the M3 DS Real w/GBA expansion pack is the way to go. It's quite nice :)

hmm ez-flash finds:

this seems to be a rip off of the m3 you mentioned remo:

http://www.on9depot.com/Wholesale-ez-flash-series_c210?zenid=sl1mlicqh998ojhgvhr15ounb4

works the same way, you need the expansion slot 2 card and can only work on a DS

this online shop found with google still seems to have the ez-flash iv for $35

http://realhotstuff.com/ezflash-size-p-294.html

hmmmm