IGNORED

What A8 equipment are you still desperate for?

Tickled_Pink

No, I was kidding... I've never actually tried an 815 on the 1450XLD, with or without a 1090.

Bob

Either you've out-joked me, or I actually stumbled onto a real issue with hardware I've never owned.

Try unplugging your 80 column card in the 1090. The 815 doesn't like it for some reason. Remember, the 815 captures two SIO addresses...

Bob

Anyone else having problems using the 815 with their 1450XLD if the 1090 is turned on? No? Just me? :)

Still haven't picked up a 400 or XEGS. They'd only be for completeness though. I'd love a 1200 but they're not common on this side of the world and expensive to ship from the US. Obviously mint 1450XLD / fully populated 1090 and 815 too ;)

I have 800 / 810 / 410s / 600XL / 800XLs / 65XEs / 130XEs / 1050s / XF551s / 1010s / XC12s / XC11 but most of those sit in storage. My main system is a 256Kb 800XL / 1050 USD with classics 32in1 plus APE and SIO2PC.

Looking forward to getting my SIO2USB and love to get my hands on one of MetalGuy's MIOs. Probably do a classics MyIDE at some point too.

Awesome. It was the "two SIO addresses" that threw me. When you began throwing in facts it started to sound technically feasible. :)

-Bry

No, I was kidding... I've never actually tried an 815 on the 1450XLD, with or without a 1090.

Bob

Either you've out-joked me, or I actually stumbled onto a real issue with hardware I've never owned.

Try unplugging your 80 column card in the 1090. The 815 doesn't like it for some reason. Remember, the 815 captures two SIO addresses...

Bob

Anyone else having problems using the 815 with their 1450XLD if the 1090 is turned on? No? Just me? :)

That XL laptop is awesome. It doesn't even look home-hacked. That casing looks pro. I'm a jealous man.

Desperate for A8 gear?? Perhaps a better 1050 Disk Drive... or one of the fully upgraded ones from myatari. Hmmm...a tape drive would be cool...but I have run across 0 tape based prgrams or games for the A8s.

Order of pref:

1-1450XLD

2-1090XL

3-815

4-XF351 or 1055

5-lots of carts ER & R ...

6-800XE

7-65XEM

8-65XEP

9-Bitwriter archiver

Order of possible attainability:? Existant numbers and financial afforadbility. Not sure on this just guessing. Your input appreciated.

1-800XE

2-Bitwriter archiver

3-lots of carts ER & R ... Verifier, 80-Column Dumb Terminal Emulator, AProm, AtariTexte, Atext-1, Atmona-1, Austin 80, etc...

4-65XEM

5-65XEP

6-815

7-1090XL

8-1450XLD

9-XF351 or 1055

Edited by Defender II

The MIOs are going out.. In a month or two, I will be able to start taking more orders...

The way Im doing the next batch is as follows..

1.) You order it and get added to a list..

2.) I Build & test it..

3.) When its ready to ship, you pay...

This way, I dont end up tieing up anyone's money for long periods...

The MIOs are going out.. In a month or two, I will be able to start taking more orders...

2.) I Build & test it..

How much? Will they still have the connector for the possible video upgrade?

2.) I Build & test it..

Can't wait!

$300.00. This is based on cost + $10.00/hour for assembly, which I think is completely reasonable, considering the THOUSANDS (as in several thousnad) of dollars of my own money I've sunk into this project, and the HUNDREDS of hours of both mine and Warerat's time that has been invested. This thing has taken years off my life, at this point..

I'm determined to honor my obligation to the pre-order customers, but beyond that, I'm not building any more at a loss.. I make $22.00 per hour at my crappy day job, so I dont see how anyone can complain about paying for assembly time.

And yeah, the REV. 2 board has all kinds of connectors on it for the expansion board which we hope to release at some point in the not-so-distant future..

We should be able to bring the expansion board to people ALOT cheaper than the MIO, and get them built & tested alot faster too. This is because the expansion board is going to be largely based on SMT programmable logic devices, (instead of 1600 thru-holes worth of TTL ICs like the MIO.)

$300.00. This is based on cost + $10.00/hour for assembly, which I think is completely reasonable, considering the THOUSANDS (as in several thousnad) of dollars of my own money I've sunk into this project, and the HUNDREDS of hours of both mine and Warerat's time that has been invested. This thing has taken years off my life, at this point..

We should be able to bring the expansion board to people ALOT cheaper than the MIO, and get them built & tested alot faster too. This is because the expansion board is going to be largely based on SMT programmable logic devices, (instead of 1600 thru-holes worth of TTL ICs like the MIO.)

That sounds fair.

Can we get the components from you and assemble them ourselves? If so, how much?

I am qualified. :)

That sounds fair.

It is.. Completely..

Can we get the components from you and assemble them ourselves? If so, how much?

No.

I am qualified. :)

Nice..

No MIOs are leaving my hands, that I dont have the opportunity to test to a 100% functional state.. This is a temperamental device, and I am not in any way willing to provide the level of support (and open the "can of worms") that would be necessary to start offering them in various stages of assembly.

If you seriously WANT an MIO, shell out the cash.. And youll get one.. ANd it will be tested "rock-solid" end of story..

I hope everyone understands... I totally have no interest in selling "kits".. and at this point, Im seriously evaluating ways to reduce the huge percentage of time that the MIO project occupies in my schedule... This frees up time for me to actually move forward with further development of things like the expansion board, and firmware updates..

So in the interest of all this, I wont sell "bare boards" or "kits" or anything else.. I will Sell MIOs.... One at a time.. and thats it..

Im gonna post a copy of this in the MIO thread..

I still need (as in, find somewhere for cheap!):

600XL

XEGS

Things I'd like to get, someday:

Blackbox

KMZ/JZ interface

SIO2USB

Things I'd really like to get to around to doing:

finish populating that 1400XL board I have and see if I can get it to work!

install the internal MyIDE interface I bought ages ago

install the memory upgrade board I bought ages ago

write that RPG game I've been planning...

I need a couple of modded 1050's (lazer/usd and SA2), so, iwill be inthe market for these when the money comes in (hopefully v. shortly)...so i can use my A8 setup again (and not rely only on emulation)

re: the person enquiring about the XEEM (or XEME)...Wouldn't it be possible, if a supply of amy chips were found and also the patched xeem/me os that recognises the amie/amy device ...to hack an amy chip (and patched o.s ) into an existing xl/xe computer, as i recall that warner's were initially developing the amier/amy chip for the XL range

Edited by carmel_andrews