IGNORED

Atari 7800 Space Invaders 30th Anniversary Box

nonner242

OK I'm going weird Collector box crazy lately ain't I?!

But It is really more fun to create them than the standard boxes.

Plus sometimes they come out better than I pictured it!

Well here is another one for the books then.

Atari 7800 Space Invaders 30th Anniversary Collector Box !

I need to get Atariboy2600 real name on it and the the deign is finished.

I'm having so slight sizing issues since it has to be a perfect fit to work, any smallest change in size on my fault,printer,paper or God throws the whole thing off.I'm having some printer COLOR problems so the yellow is a bit off, and I'm not to happy about the new double sided glossy paper I got it tends to wrinkle abit. So I'm going to mess around with the media or if that becomes to much of a problem I might give kinko a try!

But here a the first picks without the top,bottom,back printed, but all the art is done just trying to figure the mess out now!

sifrontyb4.th.jpgsisidesp3.th.jpgsi30thof4.th.jpg

So I heard collector boxes cause scurvey... um... 100% of the time. In good conscience I can't let you hurt yourself. I must ask you to send the box to me for proper disposal. It's worth the risk to help keep you safe.

If you want to keep it and have your teeth fall out, then please tell me you will make a bunch so I can order one for... analysis.

OK I'm going weird Collector box crazy lately ain't I?!

But It is really more fun to create them than the standard boxes.

Plus sometimes they come out better than I pictured it!

Well here is another one for the books then.

Atari 7800 Space Invaders 30th Anniversary Collector Box !

I need to get Atariboy2600 real name on it and the the deign is finished.

I'm having so slight sizing issues since it has to be a perfect fit to work, any smallest change in size on my fault,printer,paper or God throws the whole thing off.I'm having some printer COLOR problems so the yellow is a bit off, and I'm not to happy about the new double sided glossy paper I got it tends to wrinkle abit. So I'm going to mess around with the media or if that becomes to much of a problem I might give kinko a try!

But here a the first picks without the top,bottom,back printed, but all the art is done just trying to figure the mess out now!

sifrontyb4.th.jpgsisidesp3.th.jpgsi30thof4.th.jpg

You do realize you could make those and sell them for $50+ to idiots like me on here right?

How much did you spend making it so far?

AX

So I heard collector boxes cause scurvey... um... 100% of the time. In good conscience I can't let you hurt yourself. I must ask you to send the box to me for proper disposal. It's worth the risk to help keep you safe.

If you want to keep it and have your teeth fall out, then please tell me you will make a bunch so I can order one for... analysis.

LOL...You ever heard of Bubble Boy? Well thats my Brother....I'm Box Boy. See my avatar for a picture of me. While my bro cant fight off germs, I'm immune to them all. I cant handle water or flames too well and Im deathly afraid of the UPS and the Mailmen. One this BOX, I'm trying to get ahold of a couple people on a making a run of these and a few other things. If nothing works out I might just go to Kinkos for this project. If I make these I think they are only going to be for the #'d games sold. It will be a little bonus for them with the Cart # on the Box. Not for any if they go on sale at the AA store. Maybe that one will get a normal box, we will see.

Thanks for looking out for me tho!

You... are just nuts! But in lieu of a normal box (whether we ever get one) then this would be superb. Question is whether you want to spend the time making a number of them...!

Would not be too hard to do if I can get them printed out on 1 large sheet of double sided paper, that would save me 90% of my time piecing them together.

If you're going to to sell it you need to get permission from both Atari and Taito first. If you don't want to deal with licensing from Atari, take off the prominent "Atari" and "7800" (both currently exercised trademarks) from the top and side of the box. As for Taito, there's no way around that one for licensing.

Edited by wgungfu

If you're going to to sell it you need to get permission from both Atari and Taito first. If you don't want to deal with licensing from Atari, take off the prominent "Atari" and "7800" (both currently exercised trademarks) from the top and side of the box. As for Taito, there's no way around that one for licensing.

Um, would that go for the games too?

Most certainly, especially a still exercised property like Space Invaders. If it was a lesser known game, you could probably squeak away with it. But even then, look at the issues surrounding Gorf for the Jaguar and why that had to be pulled.

Most certainly, especially a still exercised property like Space Invaders. If it was a lesser known game, you could probably squeak away with it. But even then, look at the issues surrounding Gorf for the Jaguar and why that had to be pulled.

Or just make the 20 of these that people will want and nobody will notice or care.

Or just make the 20 of these that people will want and nobody will notice or care.

Not really, 20 or 1 sold are still sold and still a violation of IP, TM's, etc. And game companies do check this site and this board, among others, for that. There's a reason the rest of us have to license these games to sell them.

Not really, 20 or 1 sold are still sold and still a violation of IP, TM's, etc. And game companies do check this site and this board, among others, for that. There's a reason the rest of us have to license these games to sell them.

I understand what is supposed to be done, but I don't think they are trolling these boards like you say. If they were his release of the game would have gotten him a cease and desist by now, and it hasn't. Nothing will happen to nonner for making 20 boxes.

Damn! Ok all boxes are free...I just charge for S+H and I just pack them really good. So how do I cancel my account here so they cannot trace any of the homebrews, hack, repro, mods I bought here back to me?

Edited by nonner242

Damn! Ok all boxes are free...I just charge for S+H and I just pack them really good. So how do I cancel my account here so they cannot trace any of the homebrews, hack, repro, mods I bought here back to me?

That won't even matter. You have to wear a tinfoil hat if you really want to elude the infamous Taito Hit Squad.

On a serious note, if nonner or pacmanplus get any kind of contact from Taito or Atari, I am pretty sure we will know who tipped them off.

I understand what is supposed to be done, but I don't think they are trolling these boards like you say. If they were his release of the game would have gotten him a cease and desist by now, and it hasn't. Nothing will happen to nonner for making 20 boxes.

Don't be so sure nothing is in the works from Taito. And its irrelevant if you don't think the game companies are "trolling the boards", the fact is they are. Atari keeps tabs, as does Activision, Midway, Stern, and numerous other companies that those of us in the gaming arena have working relationships with, and routinely hear about goings on from - including legal matters. If you want to be selfish and tell nonner to put himself further at risk just because you want to buy one of the boxes or more of the games, that speaks more about your motivation as well as lack of video game business experience. Like I stated earlier, there's a reason why the rest of us have to license said game properties, and there was a reason why there was a TM placed next to "Atari 7800" when we did the Flashback, or "Atari 2600" when the Flashback 2 was done. And why Taito is still licensing and releasing Space Invaders related properties (such as demonstrated here), and actively protecting them (as clearly seen on the Taito.com main page, the previous page given, and this press release from 2 days ago). Case in point: "was produced entirely without TAITO’s knowledge and that the use of the world-famous Space Invaders® content was wholly unauthorized." Game companies treat any violation of its IP seriously, regardless of if its being large or small, with the smaller ones being seen as even more dangerous - if enough of the small ones build up unchallenged, their claim of IP can be challenged via release to public domain. Just because they haven't gotten to this particular one yet doesn't make it any less of a risk.

Edited by wgungfu