IGNORED

Wanted: 7800 Screenshots

Albert

I probably should not do this but what the hey...

One that is in the works.....but no one will ever get to play

However, I now folks have asked about what a version would

look like on the 7800 so here it is....

Wow... don't know the story behind nobody ever getting to play it, but it looks amazing. Gorf is a favorite of mine, and I'd love to have it for the 7800.

• Like 1

I probably should not do this but what the hey...

One that is in the works.....but no one will ever get to play

However, I now folks have asked about what a version would

look like on the 7800 so here it is....

Wow... don't know the story behind nobody ever getting to play it, but it looks amazing. Gorf is a favorite of mine, and I'd love to have it for the 7800.

Copyright and some logictics....the 7800 will provide quite a challenge for me when I get to

the SpaceWarp warp lines and Flagship explosion. Since there is no buffer to draw lines to,

im going to have to use some form of trickery. I already figured out the sparkling stars and flagship

and Astrobattles shields. Those were easy. If the 7800 had a bit more ram, I could use RAM instead

of ROM for the character map and then fake a buffer much like the vic-20 does by lining up characters

in the zones and just changing the character image data. Unfortunately, I barely know how to deal

with a normal standard cart, never mind a fancy RAM based one. I still dont know my ass from a

whole in the ground when it comes to the 7800....its still a learning process for me.

That and Im so spoiled rotten with my Jaggy's ability for mutli buffers which makes arcade classics

ridicoulously easy to faithfully reproduce. If Midway and I ever did come up with an agreement, i'd

have upgraded Jag Gorf to have a 90 degree monitor rotation mode.

Too bad.

Still, if the cart ever does go up for sale, I'd love to have one. Gorf is one of the five arcade machines I'd buy for myself, if I had the money.

Sale is one thing it will never go up for.... if it somehow fell of my hard drive and onto the internet highway

however.....;)

Too bad.

Still, if the cart ever does go up for sale, I'd love to have one. Gorf is one of the five arcade machines I'd buy for myself, if I had the money.

Sale is one thing it will never go up for.... if it somehow fell of my hard drive and onto the internet highway

however.....;)

Let us know when you're tossing your current computer in the trash. woohoo! dumpster diving!

:D

Too bad.

however.....;)

Let us know when you're tossing your current computer in the trash. woohoo! dumpster diving!

Oh I've come close a few times in fustration..... :P

If it ever did come to that, the hard drive would not

stand a chance. I'd be complete about it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Now we need gameplay video of all the games!

..Al

Al, if you still want this over a year later, I'm willing to take on this project. The TV I play 7800 on has a built in VCR so I could buy a blank tape, run the table on my collection from A-Z, dub it off to DVD and edit it into YouTube videos with iMovie. I want to make sure someone hasn't already done this or started it so I don't needlessly duplicate the effort or waste the time, but if this has gone undone I can start on it as early as this week.

• 1 year later...