IGNORED

Wanted: 7800 Screenshots

Albert

Do any emulators support the High Score Cart?

Yes...

http://emu7800.sourceforge.net/

When...

"0.61:

Added: High Score Cartridge support (7800)"

Usage...

"Use 7800 High Score Cart (7800 Emulation): For the 7800, there was a cartridge that provided capability for 7800 games to save high score information. Not all games, however, took advantage of this. Set this checkbox to simulate this device—you will also need the associated ROM for this feature to work. EMU7800 will detect the ROM regardless of filename, as long as it is in the current ROM directory."

-Trebor

Edited by Trebor

A7800x for the xbox has it as well. It actually would be fairly easy to add to MESS if someone feels like compiling it. Actually there are a few issues with MESS including the palette (obviously), buttons reversed, HSC support, and of course proper two button support.

Yes...

http://emu7800.sourceforge.net/

When...

"0.61:

Added: High Score Cartridge support (7800)"

Usage...

"Use 7800 High Score Cart (7800 Emulation): For the 7800, there was a cartridge that provided capability for 7800 games to save high score information. Not all games, however, took advantage of this. Set this checkbox to simulate this device—you will also need the associated ROM for this feature to work. EMU7800 will detect the ROM regardless of filename, as long as it is in the current ROM directory."

-Trebor

No offense to the author or to anyone who uses EMU7800, but I just don't like it. To me it's a pain to use. After fooling with it just now and not being able to get any output, I'll go back to ProSystem and test and high-score issues on the real thing. :(

God, I wish ProSystem would be updated to support the high score cart. :(

Bob

No offense to the author or to anyone who uses EMU7800, but I just don't like it. To me it's a pain to use. After fooling with it just now and not being able to get any output, I'll go back to ProSystem and test and high-score issues on the real thing. :(

God, I wish ProSystem would be updated to support the high score cart. :(

Bob

That shouldn't be hard to do. Maybe someone will update the default palette while they are at it. :)

Which of the proto versions did you use to take those screenshots? It looks like it's one of the early ones before some of the gameplay was implemented.

I'm not sure which version those where taken from. However, after going to your site, here are some from '72787':

post-18-1225188984_thumb.pngpost-18-1225188987_thumb.png

post-18-1225188990_thumb.png

-Trebor

I've added the latest shots for GATO, F14 Tomcat, Santa Simon, Rescue on Fractalus, and Rampart. Guess that's pretty much it except for the High Score Cart and a few games I need to add to the database that shots have been taken for. :D

Thanks to everyone who took these shots to replace the old, krufty ones. As I said before, not only do these shots have more accurate colors, but they are much more comprehensive than before..

Now we need gameplay video of all the games! :D :D

..Al

I'll see about making a few. I have a VGA to Video converter for just such

a purpose. Too bad none of the emulators offer a 'capture' feature.

Lots of HP required to fo that and still run the game at a decent clip though.

The VGA to Video is probably the easiest wat at this point. I need to run MESS

or Prosystem on one PC and capture the VGA into another. Have not bothered

to do the necessary hook-ups for that yet though.

I could even post some of the regular titles in vid form too. I'll take a look at this

eventually....maybe even this week if possible.

I'll see about making a few. I have a VGA to Video converter for just such

a purpose. Too bad none of the emulators offer a 'capture' feature.

Lots of HP required to fo that and still run the game at a decent clip though.

The VGA to Video is probably the easiest wat at this point. I need to run MESS

or Prosystem on one PC and capture the VGA into another. Have not bothered

to do the necessary hook-ups for that yet though.

I could even post some of the regular titles in vid form too. I'll take a look at this

eventually....maybe even this week if possible.

I actually took all the Jaguar screenshots for AtariAge using a video capture board on my computer, via the S-Video output of the Jaguar. Since there were no viable emulators for the Jaguar at the time (nor are there now), that really was the best way to go.

But for capturing gameplay video via emulation, the best way I've found is to actually use screen recording software. I've gotten fantastic results in the past by doing this and it'll net you better a better picture and audio by far. On the Mac I have used SnapZProX:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

There's a wide variety of software like this for Windows and Mac. May take some experimentation to get it setup just right, but once you do it's much easier to take the video than using a capture system and you get great results.

..Al

But for capturing gameplay video via emulation, the best way I've found is to actually use screen recording software. I've gotten fantastic results in the past by doing this and it'll net you better a better picture and audio by far. On the Mac I have used SnapZProX:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

There's a wide variety of software like this for Windows and Mac. May take some experimentation to get it setup just right, but once you do it's much easier to take the video than using a capture system and you get great results.

..Al

I'd much rather do it via software as a hardware hook up would be much more of a hassle right now anyway.

Thanks for the link. I'll go take a look.