IGNORED

Wanted: 7800 Screenshots

Albert

What's the word on this new palette? Is it the be all end all? I'm about to reissue a7800x with dual preview and movie playback support so I might as well do a palette update while I'm at it.

Is there even any issues with the existing palletes in a7800x?

So I've been doing an experiment. Comparing screen shots between the EMU7800, the new pallete shots by Mord, and a7800x with both old and new stella pallete's.

Using Ms-Pacman and MotorPsycho titles as an example.

post-2829-1223939129_thumb.pngpost-2829-1223937305_thumb.png - EMU7800

post-2829-1223938195_thumb.pngpost-2829-1223938192_thumb.png - a7800x (Old Stella pallete)

post-2829-1223936423_thumb.pngpost-2829-1223937379_thumb.png - New pallete as taken by Mord

post-2829-1223936592_thumb.pngpost-2829-1223937390_thumb.png - a7800x (New Stella default pallete)

So what is the consensus here? How accurate is A7800X default (New Stella) pallete?

So what is the consensus here? How accurate is A7800X default (New Stella) pallete?

This is a discussion probably best handled in a separate thread as I believe this pinned one is for the explict purpose of gathering screenshots from the ProSystem emulator.

That being said the New Stella palette is better than what is currently implemented in A7800X (Just look at Inky), but not as good as Mord's. The latest palette in Al's post was strickly ripped from a 7800 dumped into Photoshop and fine tuned. The Mord palette is based on the 7800. The New Stella palette is based on the 2600. If I recall correctly the New Stella palette lacks the depth and richness of what a palette from the 7800 can produce.

Again, this is probably best in a new/separate thread either in this forum or even the emulation forum.

-Trebor

Again, this is probably best in a new/separate thread either in this forum or even the emulation forum.

Sorry. The main reason I brought it up here was because I wanted to know if I screen shots taken from a7800x would be accepted in this project. I'll assume no, given your explaination.

This is a discussion probably best handled in a separate thread as I believe this pinned one is for the explict purpose of gathering screenshots from the ProSystem emulator.

That being said the New Stella palette is better than what is currently implemented in A7800X (Just look at Inky), but not as good as Mord's. The latest palette in Al's post was strickly ripped from a 7800 dumped into Photoshop and fine tuned. The Mord palette is based on the 7800. The New Stella palette is based on the 2600. If I recall correctly the New Stella palette lacks the depth and richness of what a palette from the 7800 can produce.

-Trebor

You did look at his sample screenshots right? Inky looks fine to me in A7800X.

I assume Mord is using the pallette mentioned in message #2? And the one used by Al's has been hand manipulated?

Just trying to help. If I release a new a7800x with a correct pallete then people that use it could contribute to this thread. But it seems like you guys are moving at a pretty steady rate anyways.

You did look at his sample screenshots right? Inky looks fine to me in A7800X.

I assume Mord is using the pallette mentioned in message #2? And the one used by Al's has been hand manipulated?

Just trying to help. If I release a new a7800x with a correct pallete then people that use it could contribute to this thread. But it seems like you guys are moving at a pretty steady rate anyways.

Yes, I did look at the screenshots. They show a7800x [Old Stella Palette] which is the last implementation having Inky's color wrong. The proposal for the new a7800x [New Stella Palette] is an improvement, but as I explained, not as good as the alternative.

"Al's palette" is the one from Message #2. If Message #2 = "Mord's palette" then they are one and the same.

Again, this is another example of why this should be in a separate thread.

-Trebor

Something went wacky with yer choplifter pics there... ;)

Yep, they were there before--there was a duplicate post (which I deleted) and I bet the attachments were actually attached to that post and not the first one. When I deleted the second post (which Trebor had edited to say, "Duplicate Post"), it probably nuked all the attachments. Trebor, can you edit that post and fix the attachments?

..Al

What's the word on this new palette? Is it the be all end all? I'm about to reissue a7800x with dual preview and movie playback support so I might as well do a palette update while I'm at it.

Is there even any issues with the existing palletes in a7800x?

So I've been doing an experiment. Comparing screen shots between the EMU7800, the new pallete shots by Mord, and a7800x with both old and new stella pallete's.

Using Ms-Pacman and MotorPsycho titles as an example.

post-2829-1223939129_thumb.pngpost-2829-1223937305_thumb.png - EMU7800

post-2829-1223938195_thumb.pngpost-2829-1223938192_thumb.png - a7800x (Old Stella pallete)

post-2829-1223936423_thumb.pngpost-2829-1223937379_thumb.png - New pallete as taken by Mord

post-2829-1223936592_thumb.pngpost-2829-1223937390_thumb.png - a7800x (New Stella default pallete)

The attached is the latest NTSC pallet I created for Prosystem/PSP7800.

It is as color-accurate to true NTSC values are going to get. I had posted this in one of my PSP7800 threads last month.

NTSC_Final.zip

It is as color-accurate to true NTSC values are going to get. I had posted this in one of my PSP7800 threads last month.

That should be the same as the one that is linked at the start of this thread. I don't have time at the moment to verify though.

Mitch

Great work guys. :)

I'm going to have to stop playing Super Pac-Man and get a few more done myself. :D

I think we are about 1/4 done now.

Mitch

Speaking of which, the ones for Super Pac-Man are in the first post of that thread ;)

:P

Bob

Great! Now I just need to add the game to the database! ;)

..Al

That should be the same as the one that is linked at the start of this thread. I don't have time at the moment to verify though.

Mitch

I just compared them and they are the same.

Mitch

Great work guys. :)

I'm going to have to stop playing Super Pac-Man and get a few more done myself. :D

I think we are about 1/4 done now.

Mitch

Speaking of which, the ones for Super Pac-Man are in the first post of that thread ;)

:P

Bob

Great! Now I just need to add the game to the database! ;)

..Al

For that matter Combat 1990 can probably be added to the completed list since those were taken with the new palette. :)

Mitch

Shhhh stay on topic!! :P P.S. That palette was already mentioned earlier on in the thread.

Thanks Underball. I'll add that into A7800x when I release it with dual preview. Any preferred name for it? Prosystem New NTSC?

Oh and keep up the great work with the screenshots guys. It's nice to see non 2600 sections get updates. :lol:

Edited by Shannon

"Al's palette" is the one from Message #2. If Message #2 = "Mord's palette" then they are one and the same.

Again, this is another example of why this should be in a separate thread.

They probably aren't the same when I go over things a bit more. Looks like I was using the default for ProSystem 1.2 for the majority of them, although the only difference seemed to be a brighter red to me in the motor psycho title screen.

Regardless, I have time and the energy to retake shots that I've already taken if desired.

Al: Let me know if you're willing to update the database with the new ones. I'll drop the ones I retake in zip attachments in a single msg to keep from respamming the thread. :)