IGNORED

Who else is playing Mega Man 9?

Atari Master

That's what the Plug Man stage is currently still doing to me. I just don't find a reliable way of passing the very last "moving blocks" section, there's just too much going on on this screen. Only made it to the boss once so far...

The key is to beat Jewel Man first. If you've defeated Jewel Man, Plug Man's stage gets much, much, much easier. Just activate your Jewel shield before taking the jumps. (In fact, use it throughout the level.) After that, it's just a matter of getting the order down correctly. For the most part, the order should be obvious. It only gets tricky at the end. There you have to get to the other side of the wall, get on the block in the center, jump to the left (up against the wall) just before the block you're standing on disappears, wait for two seconds, then jump straight up so that a block appears underneath you. You can then bunny hop the last two blocks to get to the ledge.

I've made it to Wiley's castle no problem more or less.. but now it's hard finding the time to trudge through it :P So far I've finished the first 4th of it with that lame "corridors" boss. Just waiting to finish the thing so I can go for playing it more efficiently.

...Plug Man's stage gets much, much, much easier. Just activate your Jewel shield before taking the jumps. (In fact, use it throughout the level.)...

That really does the trick for the level :thumbsup:

Now I'm stuck at Plug Man himself...

After playing ~ 4:30 now, I've beaten all other bosses, but I really can't get past him. He's almost immune against most weapons, it even seems the regular blaster does damage him the most?

After playing ~ 4:30 now, I've beaten all other bosses, but I really can't get past him. He's almost immune against most weapons, it even seems the regular blaster does damage him the most?

Once again, Jewel Man's weapon. Use the shield to absorb the Plug Balls, then let 'em have it by firing the shield forward. Alternatively, you can scrape him with your shield to invoke damage. Either way will whomp him a good one!

...Plug Man's stage gets much, much, much easier. Just activate your Jewel shield before taking the jumps. (In fact, use it throughout the level.)...

That really does the trick for the level :thumbsup:

You serious? It's still the friggin Jewel shield thingy.

I've made it to Wiley's castle no problem more or less.. but now it's hard finding the time to trudge through it :P So far I've finished the first 4th of it with that lame "corridors" boss.

I really liked that stage and its boss, but I didn't like that you can't save the game then. Is there another save spot within the castle or do you have to complete all of it in a single go?

I really liked that stage and its boss, but I didn't like that you can't save the game then. Is there another save spot within the castle or do you have to complete all of it in a single go?

You have to do Wily's levels all in one go. It's possible to save after each level, but saving won't actually remember the level you're on. Which is the primary reason why I haven't finished the game. Finding enough time to get through all four levels at once is more than I really have the time or energy for. Darn this "being an adult with responsibilities" thing. :(

I've made it to Wiley's castle no problem more or less.. but now it's hard finding the time to trudge through it :P So far I've finished the first 4th of it with that lame "corridors" boss.

Yep.. Wiley is all in one go. Same as with every single regular Megaman game :)

Finding enough time to get through all four levels at once is more than I really have the time or energy for.

I might bailout as well. Still the most fun/playtime I got out of a WiiWare so far ;)

Yep.. Wiley is all in one go. Same as with every single regular Megaman game :)

Well, they suck for a reason :P

• 1 year later...

Ok, I realize how late to the game I am with this, but MAN OH MAN, this game is exceptional. Just like the originals and 10x harder. This game is royally kicking my butt. I have tackled Galaxy Man, but that is all so far.

Nice to read all of your comments and see that I am not alone in thinking this game is great and tough!

Definitely a sentimental journey and lots of fun that has been long missing from the modern gaming scene!

I also really like the awards and new challenges.

I love this game!