IGNORED

AIR RAID!

sylabyss

Well this is what we get. Hopefully the Question will finally be Answered

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I GIVE YOU THE CHIP INSIDE THE CART of THE GREATEST ATARI 2600 LEGEND EVER KNOWN!

(Cough cough beside the 1 million ET carts somewhere in Mexico :D )

Interesting, they are feeding two lines into the EPROM, I wonder why.

BTW, that is a Hitachi made chip. ;)

So from my google search on the 2732. It seems that this chip is cheaper than the 2532. Would this indicate that this was made by a pirate company? By the way any new info? Is this a NTSC or a PAL or a M-Pal game?

PAL

8)

Are you sure? Because if it's PAL than it's nowhere near the rarest PAL game out there.

Exactly.

The only reason why most US collectors go all whoopy about it, is that it uses the NTSC color palette, but technically speaking it's a PAL game (290 scanlines).

And not even one of the rarest.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

So from my google search on the 2732. It seems that this chip is cheaper than the 2532. Would this indicate that this was made by a pirate company? By the way any new info? Is this a NTSC or a PAL or a M-Pal game?

PAL

8)

Are you sure? Because if it's PAL than it's nowhere near the rarest PAL game out there.

What is the rarest PAL game out there????

i've talked to a few mexican collectors which think this is a PAL-M cart from south america ...

maybe it is a proto/unfinished game that was found in the US and then taken to brazil where it was reproduced ... it wouldnt be the first unfinished game that was "released" there ... i know donald and a few others were released in brasil ...

"release" is a very relative term for south america anyway: many videogame rentals did make their own copies with an eprom burner and just slapped a label onto their generic cartridge shells.

Polivox was the only official company with a licence to release Atari/Activision products. but there has been many other companies that started as a "pirate company" and then produced their own unique hardware (and possibly software as well).

For a better understanding of the situation down there, you need to know that f.e brasil had a law prohibiting the import of consoles from USA, but you could get a licence from the government to build your own consoles and games, and for that you didn't have to respect foreign copyright laws.

so many many different casings have been produced there and therefore i believe that there was quite a big market for cartridge shells ... maybe the blue ones were just a test run from a casing company ...

Fish, Is that yours? Did someone not win this one recently? It must be rare it it is called God; appropriately named ;)

yes, my cart ... along with a bunch of other thailand carts no one seems to have seen before ...

anyone wants to spend 7500$ on one-of-a-kind thai carts? :P

since i got those, i've tried to find thai collectors that could give me more information, and i even was in bangkog trying to find games with no results ...

Fish, Is that yours? Did someone not win this one recently? It must be rare it it is called God; appropriately named ;)

yes, my cart ... along with a bunch of other thailand carts no one seems to have seen before ...

anyone wants to spend 7500$ on one-of-a-kind thai carts? :P

since i got those, i've tried to find thai collectors that could give me more information, and i even was in bangkog trying to find games with no results ...

VERY INTERESTING FISH, WHERE DID YOU GET THEM? THEY ARE MOST UNIQUE :)

CPUWIZ,

Is that 2732 chip more common on (brazilian) pirate carts?

Do these appear often?

8)

Yes, Brazillian carts are notorious for having EPROM's inside them, also found in Apollo and Spectravision, as well as every TXCSM and Halloween and several other ones randomly.

It actually proves nothing.