IGNORED

AIR RAID!

sylabyss

CPUWIZ,

Is that 2732 chip more common on (brazilian) pirate carts?

Do these appear often?

8)

Yes, Brazillian carts are notorious for having EPROM's inside them, also found in Apollo and Spectravision, as well as every TXCSM and Halloween and several other ones randomly.

It actually proves nothing.

CPUWIZ, Did any of these companies use that exact chip?

One major problem with the PAL theory,

I believe it has never been found outside the USA !!

It was probably made by some company in another company but mostly for the USA.

Someone please explain this fact....has anyone found one outside of the USA or Canada (NTSC Country) !!!!!

Edited by sly

Someone please explain this fact....has anyone found one outside of the USA or Canada (NTSC Country) !!!!!

If my memory serves correct (it usually doesn't), one Ebay seller in the US claimed that he got it from someone who originally got it from Mexico. :ponder:

so what game is on the 'god' cart?

If memory serves, it's Ms. Pac-Man (of all things), but then, my memory's been known to... well... not serve? So you can take my memories with a grain of salt until a real PAL collector confirms or denies.

Yeah that's what I heard too...Ms. Pac-Man.

Edited by user42

If my memory serves correct (it usually doesn't), one Ebay seller in the US claimed that he got it from someone who originally got it from Mexico. :ponder:

I never heard that. One ages ago when I first started I believe the owner was from Canada but I am unsure whether he bought it from a US seller or what. Everyone that has been found has come from the USA via Ebay. One of the members here found it in Washington. I have never seen anything close to the t-handle shape from any other country.

If anyone has anything on Mexico let us know, but I think they have been the junkyard for some games like Obelix, Asterix, Quadruns, but never Air Raid.

From what I have read in the forums.....all of the Air Raids have been found only in the US.

Let's do a quick survey.....to all Air Raid owners, where did you buy yours from????

Let me start off with the two I obtained..... the first one I got it from Tenessee/Arkansas (don't remember which state) and the second one I believe was from Delaware or Maryland.....don't remember which state either but it was one of those two.

How about the other Air Raid owners???????

CPUWIZ,

Is that 2732 chip more common on (brazilian) pirate carts?

Do these appear often?

8)

Yes, Brazillian carts are notorious for having EPROM's inside them, also found in Apollo and Spectravision, as well as every TXCSM and Halloween and several other ones randomly.

It actually proves nothing.

CPUWIZ, Did any of these companies use that exact chip?

Sorry for the late reply, I have seen them in Spectravision boards before. Tigervision for instance, used Texas Instruments EPROM's exclusively.

I am sure one of the ebay sellers said he found it at a mexico garage sale. anotherwas found in california which has a lot of boarder jumpers. My money is on mexico

That's what I remember.

It was in this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1070114

The guy's answer in Georgia was unclear. Besides, I have never heard of an Air Raid transaction directly from Mexico. None of the 10 or so Air Raids have come from Mexico, maybe only Syllabus'.....Maybe the game was made in San Diego or L.A. and it went to Mexico.......mathematically a lot more (if not all of them) have been found in the U.S. of A than Mexico or any other country.

And............the mystery continues... ;)

Edited by Wonder007

I am sure one of the ebay sellers said he found it at a mexico garage sale. anotherwas found in california which has a lot of boarder jumpers. My money is on mexico

That's what I remember.

It was in this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1070114

The guy's answer in Georgia was unclear. Besides, I have never heard of an Air Raid transaction directly from Mexico. None of the 10 or so Air Raids have come from Mexico, maybe only Syllabus'.....Maybe the game was made in San Diego or L.A. and it went to Mexico.......mathematically a lot more (if not all of them) have been found in the U.S. of A.

And............the mystery continues... ;)

On the contrary, it was pretty clear - he was asked where he got it and he replied - Mexico. The point was not to argue that the game is mexican, but to respond to Sly's question about a copy never having come from outside the USA.

Well, semantically, it is not clear but maybe you are right. Still though, one Air Raid vs. nine or more found in the USA....if they were produced in Mexico, I think it would be the opposite. ;)

How many Taiwanese produced pirates can be found in Taiwan? ;)

Good question. Anybody know the answer to that question............

Well, semantically, it is not clear but maybe you are right. Still though, one Air Raid vs. nine or more found in the USA....if they were produced in Mexico, I think it would be the opposite. ;)

How many Taiwanese produced pirates can be found in Taiwan? ;)

Good question. Anybody know the answer to that question............

very few and mostly only some that we have rarely or simply not seen anywhere else (see picture) .... i have lived a year in china and couldn't find a single atari cart when i was there ...

taiwanese Bit Corpration has even used various company names for their releases like Puzzy (derivated from their chinese name Pu Se). On a chinese blog, a friend of mine read that they have even tried to pass as a korean company to probably avoid legal trouble. and they are probably also the producers of many other "companies"/labels like homevision, goliath, funvision and other taiwanese "brands" or products like the quelle carts ... "western" brands like bomb, zimag, raimbowvision, suntek or homevision have so much similarities (same release orders, same games with different logos, etc ...) that it seems kind of obvious that they probably come from the same source ....

post-12-1226462717_thumb.jpg

Has anyone really looked for them in mexico? Look at the flood of silver label games now that they found out people actually pay for this old stuff. Is it possible that air raid is sitting in quite a few garage sales in mexico but nobody knows its value? The 10 or so that made it over here could just be a fraction of what is to come, just a theory. Does anyone know of any collectors that live in mexico?