IGNORED

Price check - Malagai PROM chip carts

djpubba

What do you guys think these are worth? Real PROM chips, repro shell/label. I paid $150 for Gauntlet and Malagai together a few months ago. I have an auction for Malagai up on eBay and Chucks for $75 with no takers in over a week. I noticed ninermaniac selling a pair for $50 each but it doesn't look like those are moving.

What're these worth? What's the magic price that'll move these?

Pic of the one I'm selling attached.

post-14057-1228986091_thumb.jpg

Edited by djpubba

I know it's a real chip but it still holds the value of a repro to me personally since besides the chip thats what it is. I honestly think it is worth more without the case to have as a visual part of a collection. I am not in the market but I think the Gauntlet one is more desirable. I have seen REAL Malagai carts for sale quite often, some at really good prices (under $200) I have never seen a REAL Gauntlet for sale. My guess is many collectors settle for a Gauntlet chip since a real cart is unlikely.

You being a regular seller of repro carts, I'm sure you're aware that a socketed PCB will not fit in that style of case. The one in that cart is soldered. :)

However, I can leave it up to the buyer whether to have it socketed or not. If anyone would like one bare, tested, working for $40, send me a PM and specify socketed or not.

Ben Heck not included. ;D

DSCF2525.jpg

DSCF2527a.jpg

Oh! Thanks for the tip! *eyeballs the pile of Pole Position II carts* :ahoy:

no prob friend ;) What you should do is hunt down a clear shell for it, add a clear end label and sit on it till someone gives you around $75 for it. All pimped out like mentioned it's worth $75 to someone, how long it takes to find that person is the catch though.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

no prob friend ;) What you should do is hunt down a clear shell for it, add a clear end label and sit on it till someone gives you around $75 for it. All pimped out like mentioned it's worth $75 to someone, how long it takes to find that person is the catch though.

www.packratvg.com used to sell clear cases, not sure if they still do?

That would look cool and showcase the authenticity. Awesome idea!

www.packratvg.com used to sell clear cases, not sure if they still do?

That would look cool and showcase the authenticity. Awesome idea!

Long gone. There isn't blue anymore either but I think a handful of reds might still be somewhere if you asked nice enough but they could be gone by now also.

Yeah those clear cases were great. They had the perfect amount of space inside to fit a socketed PCB with a Malagia chip inside. The chip would be close to the top and you can read the serial numbers clearly. I still got to make some clear end labels one day. ;)

post-7074-1229119478_thumb.jpg

Price wise I think I paid $25 just for the Malagai chip and $100 for just the Guantlet chip. Since your Malagia has a label made it should be worth more. So $35 - $40 sounds reasonable to me for a Malagia.

Oh wow, those'd be perfect. Yeah too bad they aren't available anywhere.

I might be willing to finance a run of them if I could sell off what I don't need. I'll see if I can contact someone at packratvg.com about doing a run.

You need to contact VGWIZ not packrat, and I hope you got a good chunk of cash cause he won't do anymore unless you order something stupid like 1000 shells.

7800 shells fit a socketed pcb just fine :grin:

Pole Position II's don't. :sad:

How much do you think 1000 shells would cost?

I don't know for sure but if they are 30 cents a piece its $300, which they are probably more than that Im guessing more like 50 cents so it would be $500. So I'd definitely say they would be expensive!

I don't know for sure but if they are 30 cents a piece its $300, which they are probably more than that Im guessing more like 50 cents so it would be $500. So I'd definitely say they would be expensive!

It would be ALOT more than 50 cents each, more like a couple bucks each.

It would be ALOT more than 50 cents each, more like a couple bucks each.

Yeah I was kinda just going on what the Atariage store pays for 2600 carts to use the shells but these have to be manufactured new so they'd be more expensive, so he'd be looking at $2000+ :-o Ouch!