IGNORED

UltraSatan preorders open NOW!

Okay gang - I got a reply from Jookie about the proposed way to power the UltraSatan from

within the ST. Here is what he said, and I quote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is a very bad idea... One of the power lines going to UltraSatan should be definitely a GND (0V) and the other should be 7V or more (but preferably less than 10V). Using that 12V - 5V idea will result in connecting the 5V line from ST PSU through the rectifier in UltraSatan to GND, thus short cirtuciting the 5V power line, which could lead to burning the rectifier in UltraSatan and/or maybe the GND line on the UltraSatan's PCB, and also may lead to destruction of the ST PSU. So I definitely do not recommend to try such thing!

Remember: The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Jookie"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another user followed up on my post and his reply, asking about some way to get power from internally in the ST. Jookie replied with this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Andru wrote:Okay, is there still a way to get the +7V from the ST's own PSU, perhaps Zalman FanMate style or something?

From the web the Zalman FanMate seems like a reostat (resistor voltage divider), what would also not be the best choice :)

The power supply for UltraSatan doesn't have to be 7V exactly, it just should start working from 7V and higher... Higher voltage used will produce more heat on voltage regulators inside UltraSatan... It should work fine up to 25V (according to datasheet of the voltage regulators), but the produced heat might be great. I will test it running from 12V to see if the produced heat is OK to live with.

Jookie"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as he posts the results from his tests - I'll post them here. Maybe then we can see what can be done.

I'm personally hoping its fine with the ST's +12v, that way I can hook it up inside my STacy. :)

Edited by DarkLord

Anyone having trouble paying for one? I did not get an email to pay after pre-order was over. Logged back into

http://mikro.umpc.sk/us_order/index.php

Used email address at bottom "miro.kropacek@gmail.com" to send funds via Paypal. and got this from paypal

"This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

Sent email to them but yet to get a reply. I read in another forum, that they can't be bothered with billing???

This looks like a great item for ST users, but if we can't get one...............

ANyone else get this?

Suggestions?

KLund1

Just got an email about this. Same thing happened with payscam sales of the OpenPandora :x

I don't know where we go from here, Credit Card was the only way that I could fund this :(

Hello everybody,

as I promised, here are some news regarding the blocked paypal accounts. After many emails, automated responses and fighting their stupid rules all I can do is to ... refund all the money from paypal accounts to you.

No kidding, my options were stripped to two alternatives (by paypal staff):

1. Refund all money.

2. Not to refund money but I have to keep them on paypal for 180 days. Since I *need* that money for manufacturing, it's nearly the same as option 1 because these 180 days are meant as the time period in which I have to manufacture & ship my "products".

If you're curious why all this hassle now and not with SatanDisks or P2AM -- I have no idea. Maybe it all started with that strange unauthorized payment I received, they noticed two accounts, quite a money on them, my "strange" answers about not being possible to show them some shipping documents and things got pretty fast movement. The basic problem is the paypal guaranties buyers (i.e. you) some protection -- you can made a claim to seller when the stuff you have paid for (via paypal) is not shipped. For me it means I have to ship max. 7 days after I receive a payment so there's no way out, I tried very hard to convince them, really.

I'm out of ideas how to solve it in another way. Maybe if you're from United States, you could contact their HQ by phone and ask some real person about some advice / exception / miracle; email communication is way to hell, I was mailing with different person everytime and they don't seem to be interested in fact all of you agree with such schedule conditions at all.

So, what it does mean for you / us:

- if you have paid by another method (bank, moneybookers, cash), everything is OK, your money are received / noted and you don't need to do anything

- if you have paid by paypal (either by credit card or by paypal), I'll wait until April the 1st (for some miracle ;-) and then I instruct paypal guys to do a mass refund all payments which arrived since March 1st

- it's clear payment phase must be extended, you'll need to think about another way to send a payment (moneybookers.com seems to be most appropriate)

So that's it. If you can help me in any way, feel free to do so because I tried everything in my power, emailing with paypal staff is no way. And yes, I'm aware how are you pissed off, believe me, it's not a half as I am.

Sad regards,

Miro Kropacek aka MiKRO

Same thing happened with payscam sales of the OpenPandora :x

Well, the Pandora folks never took any money through PayPal because they knew something like this certainly would have happened. In that case, it was the bank flipping out over a million dollars coming in to a company that had yet to finish a product.

I'm fairly certain MiKRO was breaking several other PayPal rules by charging us the PayPal fees and having a separate account (which was probably only supposed to be for non-commercial use). I had a feeling he might get in trouble for it, though I didn't care about either issue myself, and figured this was small enough that it might fly under the radar.

My guess is that we'll have to resort to money orders or wire transfers in the end. PayPal has no real method for stuff like this, which is really a problem.

--Zero

Same thing happened with payscam sales of the OpenPandora :x

Well, the Pandora folks never took any money through PayPal because they knew something like this certainly would have happened. In that case, it was the bank flipping out over a million dollars coming in to a company that had yet to finish a product.

I'm fairly certain MiKRO was breaking several other PayPal rules by charging us the PayPal fees and having a separate account (which was probably only supposed to be for non-commercial use). I had a feeling he might get in trouble for it, though I didn't care about either issue myself, and figured this was small enough that it might fly under the radar.

My guess is that we'll have to resort to money orders or wire transfers in the end. PayPal has no real method for stuff like this, which is really a problem.

--Zero

Its so odd though - when the Satandisk came out - I paid by this same method (paypal) and I'm sure *many* others did too.

Not a word said, no problems at all - product delivered on time.

:(

Aren't there like half a dozen other on line ways to pay someone money using your credit card? I am so glad I had not gotten around to paying yet because my money would be tied up in all this until it was resolved.

I have the money and am ready to buy but maybe what needs to happen is to resort to another online method of payment:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari...-8&oe=UTF-8

Yes,maybe Google Checkout is an option, certainly the usb joysticks being sold by Curt have not been a problem, even though they have not been shipped 8 months later :(

Hrm I forgot I ordered 2 of those. Has anyone gotten any yet?

Attention Miro!:

After talking (live - human operator) to Paypal for about an hour I got this:

They say the limit is that no Paypal user can open a claim later than 45 days

in the claim center after an order is placed - so if an order *takes* longer than

that 45 days, they won't let it go through, to protect the buyer. (and this is even

if that buyer authorizes them to do so - I tried).

Miro, the operator (Zach) told me you need to contact them personally, not by

e-mail, but by phone, at:

1-402-935-2012

and find the Limitations Dept/Resolution Center

This operator seemed to think there were some possible steps you could take

to resolve the situation, but that he could not/would not discuss them with me,

only with you.

Don't know if its more dodging by them or not - but I'd think its worth a try.

Please let us know what happens! Thanks.

Just want to echo what I said over at atari-forum.com for those who do not frequent that particular establishment:

I heartily recommend moneybookers.com to pay for your UltraSatan (it is now available as a payment option on the (pre)order page - just log in to change your payment method). It works very similar to PayPal, excepting the fact that they aren't a bunch of 'so-and-so's. Took me about three days to set up an account, transfer money to it and for Mikro to get the payment. "Now waiting for shipment" - sweet.

Just want to echo what I said over at atari-forum.com for those who do not frequent that particular establishment:

I heartily recommend moneybookers.com to pay for your UltraSatan (it is now available as a payment option on the (pre)order page - just log in to change your payment method). It works very similar to PayPal, excepting the fact that they aren't a bunch of 'so-and-so's. Took me about three days to set up an account, transfer money to it and for Mikro to get the payment. "Now waiting for shipment" - sweet.

Let me put a question out there out of curiousity. I just received a Satandisk for my 1040STf. I just don't get what the big deal is with this type of device. Playing games from it is very limited. Why are these type of devices in such high demand if it has such limitations? Am I missing something here? Is there some other use for it besides limited gaming?

Ok I am missing something. I signed p for Moneybookers and added a credit card. I can 'shop' but dont see a link to 'send' someone money like Miro to pay for this.

Suggestions?

I was reduced to emailing support at moneybookers.com to ask exactly how to use their money transfer service to actually -- you know -- transfer money. It's a little bit unnerving.

Hi guys,

probably my second post on this forum :) Please, let's concentrate on one forum, a much wider audience is here: http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f...d7&start=45.

But to make it short -- yes, MB seems to be very unkind to US buyers. And best of it, we can't even think about Google Checkout:

"The Service may not be used to receive cash advances from Sellers or to facilitate the purchase of cash equivalents (travelers checks, prepaid cards, money orders, etc.)."

More on atari-forum.com (it's hard to maintain 30 emails per day and two forums in the same time).

Mikro,

Thanks for the refund. I'm sorry this has become a nightmare for you. I am in the USA and have been following the issues. Would you accept an International Money Order from the United States Post Office?

I have paid for a few international purchases that way in the past and all has gone well.

Fletch

Hi guys,

probably my second post on this forum :) Please, let's concentrate on one forum, a much wider audience is here: http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f...d7&start=45.

But to make it short -- yes, MB seems to be very unkind to US buyers. And best of it, we can't even think about Google Checkout:

"The Service may not be used to receive cash advances from Sellers or to facilitate the purchase of cash equivalents (travelers checks, prepaid cards, money orders, etc.)."

More on atari-forum.com (it's hard to maintain 30 emails per day and two forums in the same time).

Miro,

Got my refund, too - thanks. Not sure how to proceed next. We need a payment system which works; once that is explained to me, I'll happily pay but it's disconcerting having this money bouncing around like this. I hope a solution presents itself.

I agree. I'm behind this 100%, and, particularly in my case and others who are in the US, it would be nice if there was a guaranteed way that our payment could be processed simply. If there is a reliable and safe method, I'll be happy to proceed with repayment.