IGNORED

UltraSatan preorders open NOW!

Let me put a question out there out of curiousity. I just received a Satandisk for my 1040STf. I just don't get what the big deal is with this type of device. Playing games from it is very limited. Why are these type of devices in such high demand if it has such limitations? Am I missing something here? Is there some other use for it besides limited gaming?

Because SCSI-ACSI hard disk interfaces are impossible to find. And when they are found, they cost $$$. Then you have to take a chance and hope they still work. Hard disks don't last forever.

Have you ever worked from a floppy based system? It may be tolerable if you're used to it, but I remember once I got my hard drive (way back in 1991?), I could not go back. I remember all the stupid copy protection was hideous when you are constantly swapping 4 disks. The few games that were hard drive installable was a godsend. Now that some of these awesome hackers are back making copy protected / hacked games hard disk installable, programs load up much faster, and you don't need to swap disks all the time or keep boxes of floppies around.

I guess you have plenty of time on your hands watching the screen display "LOADING"... :|

Just got an email from Mikro.

Looks like its Western Union for USA and Canada folk. I'm not a huge WU fan so I am not sure how I want to proceed. They tend to charge insane fees for these sorts of transactions.

Maybe we can all PayPal one North American AtariAge member and send a bulk payment? Just a thought.

Fletch

Just got an email from Mikro.

Looks like its Western Union for USA and Canada folk. I'm not a huge WU fan so I am not sure how I want to proceed. They tend to charge insane fees for these sorts of transactions.

Maybe we can all PayPal one North American AtariAge member and send a bulk payment? Just a thought.

Fletch

I would participate in that if it were someone trustworthy.

We should tally a list of all North American buyers and see how many of us want to participate in a group buy.

Once we see how many of us there are we can find one of us to do the transaction. We can contact Mikro with a list of all participants and then have our chosen representative send him the money. We would all obviously need to split the transaction fee.

Does this seem like a decent plan? I am open to any suggestions.

Fletch

We should tally a list of all North American buyers and see how many of us want to participate in a group buy.

Once we see how many of us there are we can find one of us to do the transaction. We can contact Mikro with a list of all participants and then have our chosen representative send him the money. We would all obviously need to split the transaction fee.

Fletch

You also would need a plan on how to get the representative the money since Paypal is apparently out.

Mitch

Fletch

You also would need a plan on how to get the representative the money since Paypal is apparently out.

Mitch

Technically that shouldn't be an issue since it would be US to US and in smaller volumes. I don't think Paypal will care. Paypal would be the easiest method by far, this way no one would have to wait for many checks to clear.

The other possible issue is if the dollar vs euro exchange rate changes significantly between when people send money to the volunteer and when that person sends it to MiKRO. If there are a lot of people who pool together it could possibly be a somewhat large amount.

Mitch

Wouldnt it be possible for someone in the EU to take a PP order from us and then Moneybooker to Miro? We could just indicate we are buying something from this person and who cares if it ships - the PayPal problem was Miro holding the funds for a period of time and not being a 'business user' or something.

If someone in EMEA could take our PayPal orders they could Moneybooker to Miro. We could avoid the whole WU issue.

There appears to be 5 North American buyers so far:

Fletch (me)

Bill_logidice

Mitch

Guitarman

Goochman

Actually there are more North American buyers, but it my case, I've already used WU to transfer money to Mikro independently.

Fletch (me)

Bill_logidice

Mitch

Guitarman

Goochman

Actually there are more North American buyers, but it my case, I've already used WU to transfer money to Mikro independently.

Same here.

Fletch (me)

Bill_logidice

Mitch

Guitarman

Goochman

OK, since there don't seem to be any more takers do you guys want to go together and do a combined payment?

Mitch

Sounds good Mitch. Who are we sending the money to?

I thought we should figure out who wants to join and then take it offline so we don't clutter the forum. I can be the point guy if no one else wants to do it.

Mitch

Hey guys.

I'm in the USA and have not paid for mine yet so count me in too. I've been holding off on payment until a better solution surfaced and this seems like the best yet. I've got 1 UltraSatan and two (A) cables on order.

Thanks for your efforts in resolving this surprisingly difficult payment issue.

... Steve