IGNORED

tg-16 magical chase value

www.toyratt.com

That's just sick. It's like Tank Command for 7800 I guess. I paid $355, after not seeing any CIB for a year, then they come out of the woodworks for $200. I was desperate to "FINISH" the collection. It's one of those titles for TG16... I'm happy to play it on the flash card. :D not saying I wouldn't keep one if I found it CIB, but I gave up collecting CIB TG16 just because the boxes are impossible to obtain for everything.

AX

Loose? Boxed? Sealed? I'll make an offer for a boxed copy if you want to sell it here.

He said he was wondering about loose in the first thread, so I assume this is what it is. Way too many *loose* copies out there :)

I have seen it hit $500 and more on ebay, even loose, but the next week it'll barely beat $300. Guess it is just a matter of who is watching and when. You really should just sell it off here for a fair price and avoid ebay fees (and the chance someone does not pay you...like happened to me!)

I talking to some of the guys over on PCEngineFX.Com and they felt for a loose Magical Chase you are looking at.....

$80 to $100 for a U.S. copt and about $40 to $50 for import copy....Maybe. I hope this helps. :)

The game been going for quite a bit more than that on ebay recently.

Does the game have much in ways of language? It's a shooter, so I am wondering how much the game experience is changed by having the local version vs. the import version.

I've never really looked into it until now. It looks gorgeous.

There are slight differences between the two versions, but language really isn't an issue. You can't play Japanese PC-Engine games on a stock US Turbografx, however.

I would sell it now, it seems to be peaking. The market always decides the value of the rare stuff and right now the market is good for your Magical chase.

Usually this game loose should be around $150, not the $400-$500 it is getting, sell em if you got em then buy them back next summer for $100 :)

The thing is Ebay prices can be crazy on stuff like this with people paying crazy sums of money for stuff but we all know this.

Sell that game now and get as much as you can for it but those prices are bit much for my taste good luck with the sale. :)

Edited by jboypacman

Yeah, my experience is loose it's $100-$150 and complete it's $300-$500. If you can get $400 for it loose, I would go for it. Problem is, with every ongoing auction, the small markets gets smaller as collecters satiate their need.

Has this title ever spiked up and gone back down though? I remember years ago when I could have gotten this complete for $100-150, and those days are gone.

It's one of those 'rare good' games like Little Samson that just seem to keep going up.

I talking to some of the guys over on PCEngineFX.Com and they felt for a loose Magical Chase you are looking at.....

$80 to $100 for a U.S. copy and about $40 to $50 for import copy....Maybe. I hope this helps. :)

Find me a US copy for $100 and I'd grab that up in an instant.

I think you're probably looking at $150-200 for a loose one.

Hello.

I have not followed anything on Magical Chase since I left the TG collecting world. When I sold my collection to Golden Axe... I washed my hands of it all (except for the games I play on my PSP).

My general take on the value echos a few on here. If you would have shown me a $100 copy of a US Magical Chase, while I was collecting and searching for it, I would have snatched that up. That is a deal. Generally speaking I think it is about $125-150 average loose price. I had an excel sheet that documented all of the prices on ebay and private sales for a while, but I no longer have that. It did average around the $150 mark though.

Boxed... that is a different animal. I mentioned once before that I was thinking about one auction and forgot about it. It was a nice Magical chase... all complete. It went for a very good price. The next one that popped up on ebay was a crappy box and it went for nearly double the amount. I may have pointed that out in a blog. MC was a frustrating title to watch. It truly is one of those games where the market value is clearly decided upon how much that one person wants to spend to complete his collection. Reaching the $500 range for a complete US version of MC is not unheard of. But I think it should be only around the $300 range.

Again, I've been out of that market for a bit now. I've been mainly concentrating on some hard to find 2600 version/labels and Lynx items. Also Vectrex... I'm not fully up to speed with the high end stuff, but I still pay attention to them. :)

I looked at my blog... I actually reversed the ebay story on a few examples.

Basically a less than desirable box and manual with a US version of Magical Chase sold for $180. Creases in the box, fairly worn.

Then the next week a great looking box popped up... and again it was a complete US version of Magical Chase.

$550 for that one.

There were other titles that followed severe pricing jumps. Bonk 3 comes to the front of my mind. But there were some others as well.

All of this talk makes me want to break out my PSp and play some Dracula X. It also reminds me I have a gift for ol jboypacman. I need to send him an email... :)

And... I still wonder why I have not changed my Avatar from the Turbo Express Picture. That sure was a sexy beast! I loved that thing!

If someone here has a broken one, I'd trade you something for it. I would want one that is completely dead, but cosmetically good looking on the outside. It would be for a project I've been slaving over. STILL. lol

Edited by EricDeLee

Prices on eBay are upsy downsy. Anyone not born yesterday has probably realized that. Thus the arguement that value does not equal the price paid today on eBay or even in the last month. It becomes a more historical analysis.

It's a shame and a half that eBay didn't keep the auction data in perpetuity for mining. It would be great fun.

If you are a seller (or you paid top dollar for your item like A*T*L*A*N*T*I*S*2), the approach is "You could get <<insert maximum price paid for item here>>!" If you are a buyer, the approach is "You could get it for << insert minimum price paid for item here>>!" We all have our inherent bias.

Prices on eBay are upsy downsy. Anyone not born yesterday has probably realized that. Thus the arguement that value does not equal the price paid today on eBay or even in the last month. It becomes a more historical analysis.

It's a shame and a half that eBay didn't keep the auction data in perpetuity for mining. It would be great fun.

If you are a seller (or you paid top dollar for your item like A*T*L*A*N*T*I*S*2), the approach is "You could get <<insert maximum price paid for item here>>!" If you are a buyer, the approach is "You could get it for << insert minimum price paid for item here>>!" We all have our inherent bias.

I don't disagree with you but still feel there's a certain play for increase in value over time, be it inflation or simply growing notoriety. I personally wish it wasn't so, because I'm loathe to even handle some of my games because I forgot to get around to removing the damn shrinkwrap and they're now worth 5 or 6 times what I paid for them. It's stupid.

Edited by Bratwurst

Yes this game is rare but it's no Answer software Gauntlet. Im sure it still had an above average production run and I'm sure there are plenty of collectors out there that have them, and will sell them when something comes up (Bills, etc..) the fact is this game will always surface, be it a collectors or just some guy who finds it in his old collection, several times a year they will be for sale. If people want to fight over it like it's the last one that will ever be for sale and spike the value then thats there problem. The relaxed will still score a copy for $150 once the crazies all have one.

I don't disagree with you but still feel there's a certain play for increase in value over time, be it inflation or simply growing notoriety. I personally wish it wasn't so, because I'm loathe to even handle some of my games because I forgot to get around to removing the damn shrinkwrap and they're now worth 5 or 6 times what I paid for them. It's stupid.

True, some things have risen in price. I think that it's not a general rise though. Sealed stuff has risen in value, definitely. And super rare stuff has risen in value. But everything less is settling, slowly dropping, or stable in price (in inflation terms, that's losing value). And common stuff has become even more common and cheap. Just about anything termed an 'R' or rarity 6 or below has lost value or not risen in price.

Yes this game is rare but it's no Answer software Gauntlet. Im sure it still had an above average production run and I'm sure there are plenty of collectors out there that have them, and will sell them when something comes up (Bills, etc..) the fact is this game will always surface, be it a collectors or just some guy who finds it in his old collection, several times a year they will be for sale. If people want to fight over it like it's the last one that will ever be for sale and spike the value then thats there problem. The relaxed will still score a copy for $150 once the crazies all have one.

Word up, there is definitely a score factor and a churn factor on this title. And it is definitely not impossible to get ahold of. That hurts price inclination. Now THIS is the attitude of a seasoned collector. FINALLY A POST THAT SPEAKS TO ME!

I got my loose Magical Chase from Joe Santulli a few years ago when he posted it for sale on DP. I paid $200. It completed my Hucard collection. Wish I'd bought a complete copy someone had for sale at CGE a few years back for $300. At the time I didn't have many of the TG outer boxes. Now I just need 10 or so. And they are all pretty pricey.

Edited by ianoid