IGNORED

My really bad art possibly worlds worst art for sale!

homerwannabee

OK, After 20 drawings I realized that I have a wide variety of style. Because of this I realize that maybe I should show you some others, and you offer up what style seems to look best. Oh, and yes these are also $10 a piece. So here you go.

Edit: Oops I accidentley already showed one of the images. Well Here are the titles. Top left "The Dictator", Top Right "Children Playing", 2nd highest "Conflict", 3rd highest row "The Primrose Path", 4th Highest row Left "Fork in the Road", 4th Highest row right "Fractured", Bottom row "Harvest"

post-3979-1233366108_thumb.jpg

post-3979-1233366142_thumb.jpg

post-3979-1233366198_thumb.jpg

post-3979-1233366241_thumb.jpg

post-3979-1233366255_thumb.jpg

post-3979-1233366277_thumb.jpg

post-3979-1233366318_thumb.jpg

post-3979-1233366338_thumb.jpg

Edited by homerwannabee

In all honesty I don't even see any *atempt* of artistic work being done in any way in any of these. All of these would be given a toal fail of a mark by any forum of art grading. I would expect art of this calibour from my 4 year old son or my 8 year old handicap newphew's drawings I put on the fridge but for sure not from a grown adult advertising artwork for sale for hard earned cash.

In all honesty I don't even see any *atempt* of artistic work being done in any way in any of these. All of these would be given a toal fail of a mark by any forum of art grading. I would expect art of this calibour from my 4 year old son or my 8 year old handicap newphew's drawings I put on the fridge but for sure not from a grown adult advertising artwork for sale for hard earned cash.

This thread is definitely proof positive the art is in the eye of the beholder. As the thread of the title suggest, I was actually expecting responses similar to this. I think the main thing going for my drawings is that it's creative and that its unique. I would rather be unique and bad, than to be really good and just a copycat of a 1,000 other artist. I know that idea is very hard to understand but I would rather blaze my own path than follow a trodden trail that has been covered many times before. In short I would rather have my own horrible voice than to have my voice muted by copying many others.

Edited by homerwannabee

:thumbsup: I have to agree with shawn here......Im sorry, I am not a fan of abstract I guess I never will see it. Its pretty scarey!

But, on the + side you have been creative with the names....And whatever helps you out with any problems you might have is good no matter what anybody says about it.

Some will see it.......I will never.

Keep it up if it does ya good!

But Im sure ppl hate my stuff too....I was recently told 1 of my example titles for "Sirius" game was too abstract. To me, not that much...but then I created it. And I guess I can see your end alittle. Maybe you just "super creative?

CAN YOU SEE "SIRIUS"? I DO!

post-6530-1234409557_thumb.jpg

How bout now?

post-6530-1234409706_thumb.jpg

I know that idea is very hard to understand but I would rather blaze my own path than follow a trodden trail that has been covered many times before. In short I would rather have my own horrible voice than to have my voice muted by copying many others.

But thats the thing, it's not unique at all. I get drawings in this "style" coming home in the backpacks I send my children to school in near everyday. As an example this is a drawing from when my newphew with CP was only about 1 1/2 maybe 2 years old. He told me it is Spiderman riding a bike with balloons so that can be the "title" of it just for kicks.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

You know, I think I actually see that.

Me too. I see it like this:

Do you see it different or the same if you where trying to visualize what he says it is?

And back to my original point, when a 4 year old makes something like this its "cute" but when an adult makes something like this it's pathetic.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

You know, I think I actually see that.

Me too. I see it like this:

Do you see it different or the same if you where trying to visualize what he says it is?

And back to my original point, when a 4 year old makes something like this its "cute" but when an adult makes something like this it's pathetic.

Again read the title of my thread. Most people will think that I am not only a bad drawer, but I am a horrendous drawer. To all those that like my drawings, thank you for your opinions, and to all those who hate my art, thank you for your opinions.

Edited by homerwannabee

The race track is clearly the main circle. The circle around this I took for the stands where people sit. The truck must be somewhere in the middle of the main circle. The tow truck is tough. I'm pretty sure I see the thing that picks up the cars in there. The squiggles are hard. Is the truck to the side or facing the viewer? Are the lines you pointed out sunshine or is the VIEWER the sun? He clearly leaves it up to the viewer to decide. What's funny is that when Picasso started doing his cubist art, this was exactly what he had in mind. He was trying to show things from all angles, letting the viewer essentially decide what angle they wanted to view the object from or where to choose the reference point.

Edited by Stan

I found these the most interesting of the lot:

post-3979-1233366277_thumb.jpg

I see a planet... with satellites and stars.

post-3979-1233366318_thumb.jpg

I doubt it is intentional, but I see a man trapped inside a cave that has collapsed.

These kind of sketches can be useful during the design/brainstorming stages, but I think most people will see them as inane scribbling unless you develop your ideas further. It also seems that you are going for quantity over quality. It's good to get your ideas down while you have them, but unless you take the time to refine them... it's going to look your trying to pass off scribble/doodles as art.

As I understand it, most art is "abstract", in that it is composed of different shapes and bits that represent recognizable objects abstracted from every day life. Under this definition, even something like the Mona Lisa would be considered "abstract" because it is representational and composed of abstracted objects/people. It is common for people to call nonrepresentational art "abstract" even though the two terms are quite different. The art that Shawn Sr. posted is abstract, since it has representational objects, abstracted from life (tow truck, race track, sunshine). Some of the other "art" in this thread would probably fit better in the nonrepresentational art category.

Edited by mojofltr

Shawn...

Sorry, I think Jr. has the same ability of artistic vision as his pa. :)

I think the interpretation of the drawings are pretty accurate - it is a very literal representation.

For a -what, 2 or 4 year old, this is a very typical, very average, literal interpretation of the world around him.

If he had more talent, it would clearly be a recognizable image of 'Tater sitting in the middle of a NASCAR track, I'm sure.

My daughter, when she was 2 or 3, painted some "scribbles" with water color, and told me it was a fairy. When I turned the paper upside down, it was a remarkably well rendered and literal depiction of a fairy. But it was still a pretty typical attempt - even if it displayed more natural talent for rendering artistic images.

Which is different than what Homer is doing here. I mean, actually, held side by side, it is CLEARLY different. Your son is trying to scribble literal interpretations of the world around him, limited only by his talent (or lack thereof, as the case may be).

Homer is doing something completely different - there is actual texture, and detail, and pattern to his work - and it doesn't seem grounded in any real or literal interpretation of the world around him. Which is, at the very least, an UNUSUAL manifestation of artistic expression.

I'm also not big on "medium or media" fixation in art. Just because it is on the back of an AT&T invoice or lined college rule paper, doesn't mean it isn't art.

And again, I'm a very "literal interpretation" kind of guy who doesn't really get a lot of abstraction, either.