IGNORED

Silver box CIB Gravitar outsells CIB Quadrun

Zwackery

Two things were going against the Quadrun. First thing was that the auction only said Atari on it. I am sure if it had 2600 as well it would of gone for more. Second, some people are weary of Mexico. I don't think they should be but games do go for cheaper when they come from there. So I would not take this as a reliable indicator on the true value of Quadrun. Trust me it would be nice to think of Quadrun as boxed item that cost $200.00 but I do know better.

Well, the Quadrun auction did mention 2600 twice in the description, so those of us who search title and description would have hit it. Putting 2600 in the title might have improved some of the searching/sorting.

Both sellers are in Mexico. (And have good feedback and have been selling a lot of rare games.)

I just think it was interesting how these two auctions played out on the open (eBay) market. Especially given the condition of the boxes.

Well I tried for the silver gravitar but I guess my $285 was not good enough! Oh well next time!

:ponder: :roll: :D

Hmm, really? The box was pretty beat up, that's the main reason I was surprised it went as high as it did.

The same buyer got both Gravitar and Quadrun, and I don't recognize the anonymized id.

First that Quadrun looks like a reseal. Box looks torn under none turn plastic. I would guess no manual or cart inside. So the question is was that a good price for a little beat up box?

edit: Ha it even said in listing it was resealed by customs??? What did he buy it and have it imported and customs opened it? Seems like thats the reason it went low.

Edited by Trade-N-Games

The seller did say that it was opened by Mexican customs and resealed by the former owner.

I've been watching this seller deal in other rare games and there's been no shenanigans thus far. I'm not saying this is the deal of the century or anything, but I think it was legit and it was an extraordinarily good deal.

I was the seller of that Gravitar and i am surprised to know a few things that are pretty creepy ....

The guy who bought the Gravitar and the Quadrun are the same person. The auction was legit and you can see that people with very high feedback offered until the last second.

I was very surprised to see that the auction went far beyond my expectations, i was expecting like 90 or 120 for it, because i am Mexican :S, but i am very happy about, i can afford to buy some new gen games that i am dying to play !!

A little background story of the buyer :

I received a message from the guy and i was surprised to know who he was, he bought me a sealed quadrun in the fall of 2007 for $505 usd on the eBay.

He is Mexican but his family lives in Houston and he went to my house to pick up the gravitar last night and paid cash for it ....

He is behind the eBay account annaxas ... and he usually buys himself to prevent a low price auction; i hate that f'd up attitude !!!!!

The Quadrun was legit, he has the game but he wants much more for that game, he wants like 600 or 800 usd and he told me that the game was bought online for 400 usd in the U.S. and shipped to Mexico but was opened in Mexican customs because the seller declared 450 usd on the value of the package...

I do not want to say that the guy is a scammer because there is real positive feedback on his annaxas account, but i can say that he hides something ... he just maybe protects his auctions

I hope that i explained myself, my english is quite limited .... (well, really sucks, hahaha)

Edited by eskobar

The guy who bought both of these goes under eBay id - nexgenarition.

This guy bought $400+ of games from me and then the same day tells me his hours were cut and he couldn't afford all of the games. He then only wanted to buy some. I tried being a nice guy so I said ok. He then emails me and says he will pay on a set day. He never paid for any of the items - claiming that he had lost his job. He kind of seemed like a scam artist to me anyway so I am glad I didn't complete a transaction with him. I was worried about a charge back.

I had the high bid for a day or two and followed to the end (Gravitar). I am kinda suprised it went for that much. It looks like the days of you getting low price sales are over, people know you now. I'll admit I kick myself for not bidding higher on a couple of your auctions earlier, just didn't have much extra funds so yes, I was cautious.

I can't believe nobody noticed the days of the week they ended. Quadrun ended on a Sunday, Gravitar ended on a...not Sunday. Unless you're particular to shipping your sales out on Monday morning it's kinda dumb to end auctions on Sundays. First thing I noticed when I started Ebaying was that items sell WAY cheaper on Sundays. Either people are just too busy, or there are so many items ending on that day that they forget to bid.

Granted it's not a 100% science, I thought everyone knew that.