IGNORED

I was not amused at the Pac Man JR 7800 april fools joke

Rev

Really, what does it matter? I've spent HOURS playing it, and enjoyed every minute. Do you really care if that instead of being 'found' someone put some much LOVE into making it that it appears to be a real game that SHOULD HAVE been released back in the day? Focus on the fact that it exists and not where it came from. Would you not want to be alive if you found out that instead of being created by a God you were the ancestor of a frog? (bad example but hey, the game is awesome... PRAISE GOD!) :D

AX

• Like 1

People who do April Fools jokes are the the guy in the movie Fame that makes Coco (Irene Cara) take off her clothing and we're Coco. You can either sit there and cry like a little bitch or you can shut the hell up, get on your knees, open your mouth and bite off his thingamabob.

I get tired of the April Fools stuff also, not just here but all over the internet. But it's not a big deal. Mostly I just get tired of all the paranoia back and forth for a week about "is it real?" like people are afraid of being "fooled". Who cares, it's a real game either way.

I'm glad it's over so conversation will shift to the game instead of April 1st conspiracy theories. :)

Somewhat to backtrack on myself though... I think Albert blew an opportunity to escalate the joke. When word got out 4/1 that the ROM appeared to be a bad dump, and Underball asked if it had already been shipped back, Albert should have said

"Oh snap! It IS a bad dump, and I already sent it back!"

Then later PMP should have posted under his alias

"Hey guys I got a great offer for the proto, but the buyer doesn't want it dumped. Sorry, but it's an offer I can't turn down."

And let that simmer for a while. :D

Edited by gdement

Glad I didn't have to follow RT's post, lol.

If you didn't like the joke then, well, really, who cares?

We got a new 7800 game that someone busted their tail programming. You don't have to play it then. Last year we were lucky enough to have 3 prototypes released and this year we get another new game to play. Personally I'm thrilled.

Nothing horrible happened, no one was physically harmed, and if you get that upset over a joke with a positive outcome you probably have worse problems in your life then an April Fools Joke on the internet.

People who do April Fools jokes are the the guy in the movie Fame that makes Coco (Irene Cara) take off her clothing and we're Coco. You can either sit there and cry like a little bitch or you can shut the hell up, get on your knees, open your mouth and bite off his thingamabob.

I didn't think this thread could get any gayer, and then you went and made a "Fame" reference.

Oof.

Somewhat to backtrack on myself though... I think Albert blew an opportunity to escalate the joke. When word got out 4/1 that the ROM appeared to be a bad dump, and Underball asked if it had already been shipped back, Albert should have said

"Oh snap! It IS a bad dump, and I already sent it back!"

Then later PMP should have posted under his alias

"Hey guys I got a great offer for the proto, but the buyer doesn't want it dumped. Sorry, but it's an offer I can't turn down."

And let that simmer for a while. :D

Good idea, too bad. :)

Will do that for next year!

..Al

I'm more amused by people who get fooled on April 1 then bitch about it - like they were totally unaware that crap like that was gonna happen. Especially at AA where - it seems - unknown protos surface every April 1. ;)

Dude, I suggest staying off the Internet next year on that date. Save yourself a lot of angst and stuff.

What got me is that it seemed like an innocent thread, just a simple question about hooking up a 7800. What if the thread never took off? I wonder what PmP's battle plan to fool us be then :ponder:

Half the people posting in that thread were in on the joke, and asking the "right questions".

Which is kind of what I said back there too. These jokes are really only fun for the people who are in on it. Especially in the retrogaming atari collector world, where 9 times out of 10 it is just fake and just someone being a dick or looking to sell a half-assed proto for big money and holding out when they don't get it.

But I did LOVE the end result of that thread, so it's all good. :D

I wasn't "in on it" at first and not that many were. Sure people had suspicions, but not much proof unless you looked. like Albert and I've mentioned, 3 "real" protos were released last year and we have a new homebrew this year. Besides how they were released, where is the fake? We all do know that one year the joke will be 'the one that never happens' and it's safe to bet people will complain about that too. :D

Which is kind of what I said back there too. These jokes are really only fun for the people who are in on it. Especially in the retrogaming atari collector world, where 9 times out of 10 it is just fake and just someone being a dick or looking to sell a half-assed proto for big money and holding out when they don't get it.

What the heck are you talking about??? "9 times out of 10 it is just fake and just someone being a dick?" What???

Allan

I'm more amused by people who get fooled on April 1 then bitch about it - like they were totally unaware that crap like that was gonna happen. Especially at AA where - it seems - unknown protos surface every April 1. ;)

Sometimes they are real protos (like last year), sometimes they are homebrews. :)

..Al

Sometimes they are real protos (like last year), sometimes they are homebrews. :)

..Al

Indeed! It's funny, a lot of folks have been whining about the lack of a Christmas release, when - if they wait a few more months - something usually surfaces at this time of year! Either a homebrew, a WIP, or a real-live proto! As I recall, no one believed the actual protos were actual protos! A fine prank to be sure!

..Al

I'm hoping for some real protos again :D

I didn't even follow the thread but knew it already. Come on man, April 1'st has become the de-facto "launch" date for cool homebrews here at AA. Everyone and their brother knows it. So what's the problem :P

Well, the thread started early March (maybe even late February), and as I previously said, the topic was nothing about prototypes. It fooled me, as well as some others I'm sure, but everyone should still be grateful for the new game :)