IGNORED

I was not amused at the Pac Man JR 7800 april fools joke

Rev

People who do April Fools jokes are the the guy in the movie Fame that makes Coco (Irene Cara) take off her clothing and we're Coco. You can either sit there and cry like a little bitch or you can shut the hell up, get on your knees, open your mouth and bite off his thingamabob.

I didn't think this thread could get any gayer, and then you went and made a "Fame" reference.

Oof.

oh,it can get much much more gay,don't worry ;)

I didn't think it was funny at all. :_(

In fact, I thought the timing was absolutely perfect, and I too am happy to have another game added to the 7800's small library!

:D

Had it been an unreleased proto, ultimately CPUwiz would have released it and put it in his trade-mark zip lock bags. I would have purchased one, and then licked his bags again, as I have done in the past. This thread is now officially gay!

AX

• Like 1

I'll admit, the Jr. Pac-man thread almost had me for a while. I thought the joke was well planned, in my opinion. Heck, I can take a joke/prank, as i love to pull a good joke/prank myself on people. I wouldn't expect AtariAge to be any different.

In the end, I was glad to see it is an EXCELLENT homebrew. I have played it a LOT via emulator.

Hello

My names is Joey.

I found this site looking up Atari on Google.

My dad has this exercise bike in his basement. It has cords that connect to the tv and it plays Ateri video games. The carts are bigger than normal Atari carts. Has anyone heard of this before?

I'll get back to you in 364 days.

In fact, I thought the timing was absolutely perfect, and I too am happy to have another game added to the 7800's small library!

Had it been an unreleased proto, ultimately CPUwiz would have released it and put it in his trade-mark zip lock bags. I would have purchased one, and then licked his bags again, as I have done in the past. This thread is now officially gay!

AX

LMFAO

I have only got one of CPUWIZ's bags, and unfortunately it split when I pulled to hard

Edited by mimo

My my, apparently "bagging" is more common then I thought on AA. :ponder:

I've gotten a batch myself and will agree they are special indeed and keep you coming back for more.

:rolling:

AX

LMFAO

I have only got one of CPUWIZ's bags, and unfortunately it split when I pulled to hard

Really? You didn't like the April Fool's joke? I thought it was hilarious. A very well thought out, well executed prank. I had suspicions when the ROM was posted and I found the copyright date in the binary... but I dismissed it because I was fooled well enough to actually believe it was a real proto. It wasn't until someone else noticed it too that I went back and double-checked the offset. The joke probably would have lasted much longer if PMP had been more careful with his code :)

But all in all... good work guys. That was a lot of fun.

-Ian

Somewhat to backtrack on myself though... I think Albert blew an opportunity to escalate the joke. When word got out 4/1 that the ROM appeared to be a bad dump, and Underball asked if it had already been shipped back, Albert should have said

"Oh snap! It IS a bad dump, and I already sent it back!"

Then later PMP should have posted under his alias

"Hey guys I got a great offer for the proto, but the buyer doesn't want it dumped. Sorry, but it's an offer I can't turn down."

And let that simmer for a while. :D

Good idea, too bad. :)

Will do that for next year!

..Al

I can't understand how anyone could be upset over this? Looking forward to next year Al.

Thanks, Chicky, and every one for the backup, and the compliments. They do mean a lot to me.

If you're not used to a *harmless* joke on April 1st, then I don't know what to tell you. (I had a lot more written here, but I decided against it. It's not worth it)

-----

I can't *believe* I left my initials and date in there, after going over everything else to make sure there was no trace of me. :dunce:

The thing is, those initials are at the very bottom of the code and I just missed it. Al even told me about people searching for strings in the code, but I thought I was safe because the text that's in the game is not in the 'normal' place in the ASCII chart... except for my initials :x

We could have had a couple more hours of fun if that wasn't found. :)

The next bin that was to be posted would have worked, but had a message 'April Fools from PacManPlus' show up at the top of the screen when you press 'pause'. I was so curious to know who would have found it first.

My next 7800 release (if there is one) will not be an April Fool's joke, and it will not be in the Pac-Man line of games... Although I've been asked by a few people to do Baby Pac-Man being that there is no home port of it on any system (other than Visual Pinball).

Bob

I can't *believe* I left my initials and date in there, after going over everything else to make sure there was no trace of me. :dunce:

Hehe. And the thing of it was, that it was so far down at the bottom, I honestly believed it to be part of the .a78 header/file format! I saw that, and thought that it had to have been added by the dumper - just like the first 128 bytes were. I was so convinced that it was real I didn't want to believe otherwise :)

Excellent work man. The game plays really well. And I especially liked the comments you made, wishing that you had the code so you could see how the scrolling was done :D

Really looking forward to the final version of this. Can't wait to see those intermissions. :grin:

-Ian

Thanks, Chicky, and every one for the backup, and the compliments. They do mean a lot to me.

My next 7800 release (if there is one) will not be an April Fool's joke, and it will not be in the Pac-Man line of games... Although I've been asked by a few people to do Baby Pac-Man being that there is no home port of it on any system (other than Visual Pinball).

Bob

You would think any 'fool' that calls himself a 7800 fan would want a prank like this every day,no?

:)

Edited by Gorf

"Too good to be true"?

It was better than what it could have been. While a found proto would have been very cool, this is a great new homebrew that can now be more easily massaged and finished than a proto could be.

The timing was near-perfect, excellent execution, a lot of fun all around. If you're upset about that, then I guess all I can say is there's a whole lot more things in the world you could find worthy of being upset about. Chill out and relax, and have fun.

And worst, all those people that put in the hard work to make the game, and to let us all have some fun with it first... you starting this thread has real potential to insult them. I really hope they don't feel that way though, because most of us have the sense to appreciate their work, talents, and good humor.

"Too good to be true"?

It was better than what it could have been. While a found proto would have been very cool, this is a great new homebrew that can now be more easily massaged and finished than a proto could be.

I have a feeling any proto that might have exsisted would not have been done nearly as well as this was.

As I said, you can 'fool' me like this all week long! :D

humor.

as in so much for.... :P

I agree with Gorf.

Although it's great to find protos, having someone program a classic game today is always better. Less pressure to get it out the door. More pressure to get it looking like the arcade game (if based on one.). Better tools to create it, etc.

Homebrews always come out better than games done back in the Eighties.

Allan