IGNORED

VBXE 2

candle

Today I received my VBXE and I've put it in my 800XL... It's working perfect ! The screen is very, very sharp (never seen this with an a8!) and very colourful ! Even connected to my Grundig RGB/TV from 1989 (tube) it's really amazing ! (the pictures are from a tube TV (with a glass plate in front of the screen), Imagine how it looks on a TFT !)

Count the pixels !

post-159-125676124548_thumb.jpg

post-159-125676125974_thumb.jpg

post-159-125676126891_thumb.jpg

post-159-125676127957_thumb.jpg

Today I received my VBXE and I've put it in my 800XL... It's working perfect ! The screen is very, very sharp (never seen this with an a8!) and very colourful ! Even connected to my Grundig RGB/TV from 1989 (tube) it's really amazing ! (the pictures are from a tube TV (with a glass plate in front of the screen), Imagine how it looks on a TFT !)

Count the pixels !

cant wait:thumbsup:

I'll make one, but You can start using the one for 130xe

Your board was one of the later ones send, though i wonder if Dan's and Ron's got there...

Any information regarding the faith of Your boards would be really apreciated

Garry? Did You get Yours?

A bit of information for diagnostic purposes:

AVR led is lit, when FPGA chip is configured, and blinks when AVR is receiving the commands from Atari

FPGA led is lit, when Blitter is working - it can be quite usefull if synchonised with CSYNC signal and put on the oscilloscope - can show You how much free time there is left and how Your 6502 code can use this time that blitter is processing the data to get some other work done ;)

Edited by candle

Okay,

Please, take a look on this and tell me if this makes any sense for You

Atari130XE1bit.jpg

for NTSC users having oscillator module installed - just remove it and proceed as for crystal

Thanks goes to Mathy, who was so kind to get me a picture of 1bit board

Edited by candle

This is very helpful. I found a 130XE in my 'stash' that has the 2 chips closest to the ECI port already socketed. My questions:

1. Why does the CPU chip closest to the ECI (CO14806C on mine) appear to have a socket piggy-backed on it? What's that for?
  2. I assume the ANTIC plugs into the VBXE XE adapter board; the VBXE adapter plugs into the ANTIC socket and the VBXE board plugs into the XE Adapter board... correct?
  3. Also, my crystal in lower left corner is the big square one with all the transistors alreay removed from the board. If I understand correctly, I don't have to move this one to the VBXE?

Thanks.

Edited by bf2k+

I got the VBXE board itself installed - I just have to do the monitor hookups. The machine booted fine and the red AVR LED is on solid.

I guess I have to cut the RF shield or maybe leave it off.

Is there anyway to see any results from it using the regular monitor port connected to a Commodore 1702 or must I hook up a different monitor to see the results?

I've asked Albert about adding "news" about VBXE software package release, but he seems to be quite busy

so here it is

today i've soldered in 630 componets of 900 (single VBXE panle contains 900 components), and i'm pretty fed up with the process... hopefully i'll finnish the panel tomorrow and i start shipping next 15 units out in monday

I've asked Albert about adding "news" about VBXE software package release, but he seems to be quite busy

so here it is

today i've soldered in 630 componets of 900 (single VBXE panle contains 900 components), and i'm pretty fed up with the process... hopefully i'll finnish the panel tomorrow and i start shipping next 15 units out in monday

Wow Candle - that's a serious amount of work. It's well appreciated but I can understand you wanting to be all done!

Stephen Anderson

Great! I hope to have money for get one soon and show it on retrocomputing events too :D

When will be see a buch of amazing new games remakes and enhaced versions for VBXE2? And demoscene using all the power or this little Frankenstein? ;)

A "Atari VBXE compo" might me a very great idea to support this device!

Edited by timofonic