IGNORED

HSC 6 Contest 8: Drol

JellE

Not here... I still see monochrome on my tv, and I'm NTSC stateside. *shrugs*

Finally hit the top five screen though! I'm the 12635

You need to use RF or Composite Video output to see artifacting. You won't see it using Y/C.

- Steve Sheppard

.. I am using RF :/

ehehehe, I just get gray and green. Touch of Red for the title but otherwise it's sort-of-monochrome.

I just learned my 800 (GTIA & OSB upgraded) has a diffferent color scheme than my 800XL. The former has bright blue floors and columns for level 1 and the title is a rust red. The latter has bright green and magenta, repectively.

- Steve Sheppard

The XL series shifted the color clock so the artifacting colors changed (red became blue and vice versa) - You see some games asking which machine you have to adjust.

I'm gonna get a better score... I just know it. :D

Just FYI - I don't know if camping in this game would necessarily be a positive for someone (to settle the earlier argument). To note last night I tried the strategy and while I could get a consistent 8-9K score I'd eventually run out of lives... also, once you hit 10K if you camp the 3rd level you get crazy blades that will fill up 2/3rds of the level and shoot at you, making camping an auto-death.

The other detriment is lives. Each fully completed round gives you an extra life where a camping strategy becomes a war of attrition where your enemies keep getting boosts and you get nothing.

*shrugs* Just a thought, as my higher scores came from the "Just go for it" strategy - the extra lives help out a LOT.

*shrugs* Just a thought, as my higher scores came from the "Just go for it" strategy - the extra lives help out a LOT.

Darn! I should have patented this :ponder: I've gone for it an annoying number of times but still can't complete the third round... looking at my two copies the best score is 18,140 for M.Boese whoever he is, he must be good! Anyone got a scoreboard with a better score than this (press a key for the scoreboard) :?: Am gonna search previous HSC's results to see how we stack up... (yes I should get out more :D )

Can I play? :D 6540

101_0474.jpg

I had trouble uploading the pic though. :( I tried with 2 laptops and my main pc, trying both explorer and firefox. Anyone else have problems? I wound up putting the pic on photobucket and linking it.

ANYWAY...this is actually the b&w version. It plays in color? The color version does look a *little* nicer, but I honestly don't see where its easier. BUT the color version crashes after the third screen anyway.

Not the most exciting game but fun nonetheless. It was pretty rewarding FINALLY getting past the third screen. Unfortunately I died shortly after.

Oh, and p.s. @ timsteraa

nyah-nayh!

Can I play? :D 6540

101_0474.jpg

I had trouble uploading the pic though. :( I tried with 2 laptops and my main pc, trying both explorer and firefox. Anyone else have problems? I wound up putting the pic on photobucket and linking it.

ANYWAY...this is actually the b&w version. It plays in color? The color version does look a *little* nicer, but I honestly don't see where its easier. BUT the color version crashes after the third screen anyway.

Not the most exciting game but fun nonetheless. It was pretty rewarding FINALLY getting past the third screen. Unfortunately I died shortly after.

Oh, and p.s. @ timsteraa

nyah-nayh!

Since this was actually played last night, I am counting it. However, let me remind everyone, so this isn't an issue... you don't have to post the pics, especially if you are having problems doing so. The score alone will suffice.

Thanks JellE. I really did snap that last night but couldn't get the pic to upload. I don't suppose anyone else had trouble?

There are always folks having upload issues... and that is part of the reason they aren't mandatory. They are nice if you can post them, but not absolutely necessary! :)

Thanks JellE. I really did snap that last night but couldn't get the pic to upload. I don't suppose anyone else had trouble?

I don't think this was snapped last night. I call conspiracy!!! Cheat!!! :x

(J/K... I finally twisted JetSet's arm to join the league, and then he comes outta nowhere to bump me back to 1-point, honorable mention oblivion! LOL. Get you next game JS!!! :cool: )

--Timster--

Okay, I am absolutely taking no more scores on Drol. In order to be fair, I will accept everything that has been posted thus far. But from this point on, if your score is not posted by 11:30 pm EDT or whatever time I set for the end of a game, it will not be accepted. The screen shot is not necessary, but the score is. If you want to edit your post and post a screen shot later, that is fine too... the original post time stays with the post.