IGNORED

CinciClassic attendees-show of hands!

Snider-man

So all you collectors out there bring all your 20th Century Fox items :D

I hadn't given a lot of thought about bringing trade bait, but now that you mention this I'll have to go through my stuff and see what I can manage to squeeze in. :) I don't know how much time I'll have for trading, but it won't hurt to be prepared!

..Al

Actually IceCold, expect a lot of knitting...that surpised me at last year's show ;)

It's really just like you expect, consoles, a few arcade machines, and a killer trivia contest. A lot of fun all around, plus it's in one of the strangest shopping centers I've ever been in. It's a huge place that was about 75% empty last year, but still hundreds of cars a day there!!! Odd.

Yeah, I was very proud of my knitting prowess last year. I took third place in the sewing bee!

Yeah, that mall was like a ghost town last year, but its starting to revitalize.

And of course there is a Dave and Busters nearby for the after party!

What to expect? Expect contests, trivia, LOTS of games and systems and other video game stuff for sale (bring WADS of wampum), TONS of cool people, and a lot of fun. Its great. Cinci is small enough to be personal and friendly without being too tiny to be worth the trip. Like the baby bear's bed, its JUST right. :)

Well, you just wait, when I bring in my macrame Dance Dance Revolution mat, you will not be laughing Mr. Albert!!!

Didn't you know that video game collecting was just a front for a huge underground knitting communtiy??

I would have won that knitting bee if I hadn't accidentally mixed my Yar and my Custer together in my "History of the 2600" quilt :x :x

@Stan, yeah, I saw all that construction last year, and I was hoping that the mall would sping back to life, it's an awesome, and huge place.

Too bad I can't go down for both days, but Saturday is going to be a major blast!!! Can't wait to meet you all there

listen, Al, I know you are kind of un-hip so I'll help you out. When you get to Cinci, give the guy in the green striped shirt a hard boiled egg, in exchange he will secret you away to a hidden back room, full of Atari-enthusiasts knitting like mad! But once you enter, you must keep the coven a secret or, well, let's just say it is in your best interests to keep it a secret. ;)

Well of course I'm attending. I'm trying to get my second MAME cabinet finished up for the show. I'm putting the finishing touches on it as I type this. :-) I'll have a lot of items to trade/sell and, if I'm lucky, I'll walk away from the event with something I don't have! Nearly every console is going to be there to play in some form or another. Oh, I made some official 'cinciclassic' looking vendor nametags for anyone who wants one. Make sure to ask for one if you don't get it when you pay for your table. I'm attending a meeting here in Cincy on Thursday to finalize everything for next weekend.

See you all at the show!

MattG.

I'll be there both days.

This year I am getting a table, because I need to sell off my 2600 carts, includeing q-bert qubes, and some systems And also any other console/computer stuff I find in my basement. It's been too many month unemployed, and the cash is running out. Probley will have lots of ti/99 and 130xe systems.

Of course I need lots of vextrex stuff, so that's where all my money will go.

Another thread "I found a great little game store reminded me that there is a shop called StationHead in the Middletown Towne Mall. They sell various older games as well as arcade & pinball machines. Their prices are a bit more than listed in the previous thread but not bad overall. Last time I was there they had quite a few Atari 2600/5200/7800 games & consoles, Intellivision consoles & games, tons of PS1, DC, and Saturn games as well as others. They are also the only place I've ever seen Lynx games in the Cincinnati area. It's similar to a Gamestop but w/ older inventory + the arcade games.

Middletown is off of I-75, about 20min north of 275 (which is where Forest Fair Mall is). Towne Mall is right off the exit.

I'm not with StationHead at all, I've just shopped there a few times and thought I would mention it for any visitors to Cincinnati that may have some extra time. It's been almost a year since I was there last so I'll try to get out there this weekend and see what they have now if anybody is interested.