IGNORED

CinciClassic attendees-show of hands!

Snider-man

WOW. That pretty much sums it up. The Expo was amazing, it was so much more than I expected. Everyone was so incredibly helpful and nice. I picked up a ton of amazing stuff to add to my recently started collection. I was the guy in the white Simpsons shirt that said family bonding on it with the blue hat and the cardboard box filled with trading supplies and later my “new” 7800! I can’t wait until the next convention and I will be putting up a website soon for trading and whatnot. Thanks for all the great trades Saturday.

@Pitfallaimee. I hope killing the spider makes up for the restaurant find. I guess the only thing worse would have been called the Fried Mexican?

@Stan. I held back in that Double Dunk game. I wanted you to likethe game and buy one, so I would have a worthy oppontent. Don't try to mess with the DD Zen Master. :D

That aside, there was the big "Stan vs. BP Marble Craze Deathmatch" on Friday night. I'm not sure too many were there to witness it. Funny, I was able to beat Stan on some of the early levels, but he lasted longer and won the match.

Yeah, finally playing Marble Craze against someone was very interesting! BP has got some MC skillz, let me tell you. I need to come up to Cincinnati sometime and we need to just make a weekend of it. Double Dunk, Marble Craze, Entombed! Just a big stinking party, pizza on me!

What fun.

And, HEY that Mexican Restaurant wasn't so bad! It was weird, but way cool, and they DID feed us when no one else would. If only Al had karaoke'd.... :sad: :D

About Protector ... who programmed this for Vectrex?

No .. Protector is programmed by Alex Herbert in the UK. It is a Defender clone for the Vectrex. It features the ablilty to save the highest scores with the initials of those players (IN THE Vectrex CART!). It should be available soon ...

Vecvoice is cool .. isn't it? It will work with the 2600 8-bit and 7800 if someone wants to program speaking games.

The Vecvoice is available from me in limited quantities.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I must say I was ***very*** impressed w/ both games.  I'll be buying protector as soon as it's released.  Any idea when? :?:   The game flowed so smoothly you quickly got drawn into it.  The controls were instantly responsive but I think this game would be a good reason for me to go buy one of those larger arcade like controllers (Yea, other reason to get something  :D ).  I'd have to say thats the most fun I've had on a vec for quite a while.  Verzerk was great also although I did notice that it slows down a bit when you have 8 robots on the screen but once you shoot one or two it's back to normal.  The vecvoice was great sounding, if a bit hard to hear w/ all the background noise.  If verserk & the vecvoice had been available at the show I would have picked them both up which is just as well since I was able to spend my money on other things.  There was just way to much to choose from.

Yeah .. Protector (Defender for the Vectrex) is way cool! I wonder what the high scores are on the built-in score/initials memory right now! :) Alex Herbert tells me that it will be available soon! Right now I have it running on my VecRAM cart! :)

I sent three VecVoice units and Verzerk carts to Cinciclassic. All three sold quickly .. I am still manufacturing the Vecvoice units and have the Verzerk carts ready to go. Contact me by private email .. Once the Vecvoice units are gone .. they are gone! :sad:

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

@Stan. Anytime you want to come to Cincinnati, it would be great fun. Did you find the Vic Cassano's pizza place?

The main problem with the restaurant is Aimee can't eat Mexican food. Call me crazy, but one thing I really like to do in restaurants is eat. However, it was interesting and memorable.

Everybody Mexican Karaoke!

Nah, I changed my mind when I got in the car, I just felt like driving. I almost went to Chicago, but thought that would be too tough to navigate, plus I figured I might fall asleep, so I just went home instead. But then next time I'm up there, its CASSANO'S baby!

Nah, I changed my mind when I got in the car, I just felt like driving.  I almost went to Chicago, but thought that would be too tough to navigate, plus I figured I might fall asleep, so I just went home instead.  But then next time I'm up there, its CASSANO'S baby!

Stan!!! I still have an outstanding invite for anyone that finds them south of Chicago...

I found a picture i'm in, I repeat, I found a picture I am in!!!!!!!!!!! I was looking through photos on the cinciclassic webiste that have a lot of people in them, and I found one where I'm actually kinda in the middle. i'll post the pic with a circle around me :) . I cropped out some of the picture, but here it is:

post-877-1034289073_thumb.jpg

So if anyone has ever wondered what I look like, here I am.

NO Wait! That's Matt G in the center there. I'm the guy in the far left in the white shirt. Well, at least it looks like me from here. You can't even tell I'm wearing an Atari Age shirt. :roll:

If I had any photo editing software, I'd circle myself as Icecold has done. Oh well.

post-808-1034300857_thumb.jpg