IGNORED

ARTWORK CONTEST: NTSC Atari 2600 RACER Project

Wonder007

Well so far mine is the best since no one else has submitted anything. :P

How would you know that?

Correction. The best publicly submitted. ;) To be honest I was trying to make a statement. Basically my statement was that although I publicly submitted a piece of garbage art piece, my post is still better than most in this thread since this thread was never meant to be a pre-registration for this game. It was meant to submit art entries. It's also a way to get people off their duff and actually submit something so they won't have to see my entry as the box art.

But, at this point, I am thinking it will be a limited series CIB release of 100 carts.... :)

:cool:

Deine Box wird nicht eingeschweisst, habe Ich schon versichert. :P

:D

Soll dich die Schweinepest holen.......... :D ;)

Geheimnis Versiegelten Kiste? :D

Edited by nonner242

Hello All,

I have recevied some private artwork submissions but based on several private requests of other members (they need more time to do it), the artwork contest has being extended for another week.....I made that change earlier this week (see first post). Thus, the deadline is May 11, 2009 at midnight PDT (Sunday going into Monday).

I have also received bids on creating boxes, carts, and/or instruction manuals (REQUEST: please separate the bids or, if proposing to do two or more of the items, a combo bid is fine. I will review and weigh all of the bids and go with the most cost-effective bid (but at the same time considering the quality involved.....I don't want this to be expensive for people). Moreover, that is why there will be two sets of the game.....50 CIB's and 50 cart only. I have not formally asked for this part of the process yet....I will offically solicit bids for production after the artwork contest is over so that the people involved with the production knows what they have to work with. However, since some of you have already submitted bids for this, I will grandfather them in and will continue to accept them until the deadline for that part of the project comes to fruition.

Once I finalize the bid(s), I will put out the price for both versions and do a presale thread for the game. Again, I will not put that up yet. Since many people have said that they miss out on these types of items, I will put a post three days before the anticapted release of the presale thread to make it fair for everybody that is interested.

If you have any questions, please PM me. Some of you have tried to PM me and my mailbox was full (due to this project and other pending projects); I have cleared up space so go ahead and resend the PM's.

Thanks for your cooperation!!!! :)

Wonder007

Hello Everybody,

Just a reminder that the artwork contest deadline is fast approaching- Monday (May 11, 2009) at midnight PDT (Sunday going into Monday). Once I have received all submissions, I will put up for the public to vote on the drawing that should be used for the cart, instruction manual and box. Again, the winner of this contest will receive a complimentary copy of the game.

In addition, I will put up for bid on production of the game. You can propose to do just the cart, instruction manual or box or any combination of the aforementioned three. This thread will start up next week and you will have a few days to submit your proposals. For the cart, it is either 8K or 16K....we are currently analyzing which size will be used due to some unorthodox programming on the game.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to PM me. Thanks a lot!!! :)

Wonder007

Edited by Wonder007

Dave Dries has the perfect artwork for this game. Here is a low res example:

post-3832-1241925659_thumb.jpg

So, can I consider this an official submission???? I would need to hear from Dave Dries. I am assuming he is a member on the forums???!!?! right???

Dave Dries has the perfect artwork for this game. Here is a low res example:

post-3832-1241925659_thumb.jpg

So, can I consider this an official submission???? I would need to hear from Dave Dries. I am assuming he is a member on the forums???!!?! right???

I found the art on his website:

http://www.cinemarcade.com

He is a member here and did the Wolfenstein art. Here is a direct link to the art:

http://www.cinemarcade.com/images/Desktops/streetrace.jpg

I don't know about a official submission, More of a official suggestion. :D

If you have several nice labels you could have a regular release and then a few limited editions with alternate label designs.

Edited by neotokeo2001

do you need a completely finalised artwork or are my suggestion ok like that?

Well, I guess something that is close to the final piece proposed. Remember, I will have people vote on it so the better it looks the better chance you have of winning. :)

Artwork selection has begun......thanks to all that submitted. The contest ends May 18, 2009 at midnight PDT (Sunday going into Monday). If you have any questions, please PM me. The following is the link to the artwork selection:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=0#entry1747735

Enjoy!!!! :)

Wonder007