Who's Coming?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you...

• Going only to Petes
    • Going to Petes and the get together at my house

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

EDIT: It's on! Sept. 12th

Where: Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor

When: 2:00pm (meet at the Donkey Kong machine)

What is this all about?: The Michigan area AA and DP members will be meeting this Saturday at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor for a day of fun. We'll start out at Pete's around 2:00, go for dinner at Pizza House, and then adjourn to my place down in Flat Rock for more gaming fun.

If you are planing on going to my house after dinner, please indicate so in the poll so I have a rough head count. I will try and have some maps, but you can also PM me for directions.

Tempest

I'm all for a get together. I guess the one that was discussed last year kind of fell apart. I'm in Romulus, so I'm kind of central to Pete's, Marvin's, and Flat Rock.

Yeah it never quite came together. I know there are more than few SE MI & Toldeo area posters here on AA, but they don't seem to be very active for some reason.

If we only get a few responses (say 6 or less) I'll host it at my place (or someone elses house if they want to do it). But if we get a big group we'll have to do Pete's or Marvin's.

Tempest

I'm all for a get together. I guess the one that was discussed last year kind of fell apart. I'm in Romulus, so I'm kind of central to Pete's, Marvin's, and Flat Rock.

Yeah it never quite came together. I know there are more than few SE MI & Toldeo area posters here on AA, but they don't seem to be very active for some reason.

If we only get a few responses (say 6 or less) I'll host it at my place (or someone elses house if they want to do it). But if we get a big group we'll have to do Pete's or Marvin's.

Tempest

Yeah, I just checked Jboy's thread from last year and several of the people there haven't been active in a while. Jboy is active, but he's up in Saginaw. Wickeycolumbus is local... hopefully at least a few people show some interest.

Tempest

Yeah, I just checked Jboy's thread from last year and several of the people there haven't been active in a while. Jboy is active, but he's up in Saginaw. Wickeycolumbus is local... hopefully at least a few people show some interest.

It would be really cool to meet you guys, but I cant see my parents letting me, being way younger than all of you :(

It would be really cool to meet you guys, but I cant see my parents letting me, being way younger than all of you :(

Yeah, that's true... hadn't quite thought about it like that... I was just trying to think of people who posted their location in the forums. Though, I don't really feel old, there is a bit of awkwardness to teenagers hanging out with 30-year-olds. Maybe in a few years... :)

Anyone in the SE Michigan area interested in having a get together? We used to do them all the time at Pinball Petes or Marvins, but there hasn't been one in some time. I've been thinking about hosting something at my place, but it would have to be pretty small since I don't have a ton of space. I'm also way down in Flat Rock which isn't that close to most people.

Tempest

Tempest,

Nice to see other collectors from downriver! I grew up in Flat Rock on E. Huron river dr. I`m now living in Riverview

Anyone in the SE Michigan area interested in having a get together? We used to do them all the time at Pinball Petes or Marvins, but there hasn't been one in some time. I've been thinking about hosting something at my place, but it would have to be pretty small since I don't have a ton of space. I'm also way down in Flat Rock which isn't that close to most people.

Tempest

Tempest,

Nice to see other collectors from downriver! I grew up in Flat Rock on E. Huron river dr. I`m now living in Riverview

Wow, I'm over on Will Carleton. Maybe there are more of us around here than I thought?

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...
I'm tenatively planning on doing this sometime in the July/August timeframe because May is almost over and I'm busy most of June with my Masters class.

Tempest

I am definitely not available August 10-17.

Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor? That's about 90 miles from me.

If this ends up taking place at Pete's it would be the one in Ann Arbor. If Tempest hosts at his place it's about the same distance... just a bit further east.

I like the ideal of Pete's myself and i really would love to get together with everyone even if for only a few hours and i know Dalum wants to take part too. :)

I have met Tempest 2 times both times at the MGC but it is so strange with both of us being in Michigan we have not crossed paths other than that lol.

I like the ideal of Pete's myself and i really would love to get together with everyone even if for only a few hours and i know Dalum wants to take part too. :)

I have met Tempest 2 times both times at the MGC but it is so strange with both of us being in Michigan we have not crossed paths other than that lol.

I do like Pete's, but the only problem I have is the condition of the machines... last time I was there, maybe a month ago several machines were off / broken, eat quarters, pinball machines aren't level, skee ball machines missing skee balls, etc... Not to mention trying to find the attendant to complain.

Edit: I do like redeeming my tickets and adding to my superball collection!! :ponder: :D

I've been on here a year-and-a-half and haven't met anyone yet. :) Tempest probably doesn't live more than 15-20 minutes from me, and I know several others have mentioned that they live in the Wayne County / Detroit / Downriver area.

Edited by aftermac

I think SRGilbert reported something like this about Pete's too but with us meeting at Pete's we could have lunch/dinner at the Pizza House which has really good pizza and garlic bread lol.

I guess there is always Marvin's or if the group is small at Tempest's place but i think a more public place is better for the "first" meet up but thats just me.(I would hate to have all of us mucking up Tempest's place lol). :)

That would be awesome DD! More the merrier right? And i want to suggest a "meet and trade" deal too if we do get this pinned down we can all post stuff we might have for sale/trade and could our own sort of "Car Trunk Swap Meet".

Just some food for thought guys let me know what you think about this Thanks. :)

That would be awesome DD! More the merrier right? And i want to suggest a "meet and trade" deal too if we do get this pinned down we can all post stuff we might have for sale/trade and could our own sort of "Car Trunk Swap Meet".

Just some food for thought guys let me know what you think about this Thanks. :)

I agree, it would be great if you can make it up DD!

I also like the idea of a "meet and trade". I'll bring my doubles... not that I have anything you guys would want! :)

Also, I probably need to extend my unavailability from August 10-23... August is usually a busy month for me. :)

If its all right, I wouldn't mind coming to this get together. It would be nice to meet all of you Atariage members face to face.

:ponder: :cool: :cool:

No. It's most certainly not alright. You are never welcome here. Not after what you did last time...

;)

Well it looks like we have the interest, now we just need a date. Like I said, this month (June) is completely out for me. July is looking like the better month, but August is also doable.

Tempest

Mid August or Early September might work for me. I wanted to try and visit the kids out in Vegas at the end of August because Emmie misses them. It would be cheaper if I lumped it into one trip so that instead of paying for 8 plane tickets it would *only* be 6 since she has to have her own seat. We'll see and I don't want to get ahead of myself. ;)

Thought I would throw some dates out there. These are the weekend dates that I'm available (that I know of) for July - September. I assume we would be doing this on a weekend. My goal is to find a job by September, hopefully one that doesn't require working weekends, so this is based on my current unemployed status.

July - 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26

August - 1, 2, 8, 9, 29, 30

September - 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27

August 12-16 I'll be out of town... and my tractor probably won't make it again this year. August 23, I'm turning the big 3-0, so I'm trying to keep that weekend open... not that I'm expecting to do anything special.