SE Michigan Get Together (Sept. 12th)

Tempest

Who's Coming?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you...

• Going only to Petes
    • Going to Petes and the get together at my house

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ok me and the wife plan on being there on the 12th if i have no problems from my hernia surgery on the 3rd and i plan on bring the following for trade....

1)Dreamcast w/1 controller,VMU and 3 import wrestling games

2)Atari 2600 Caxtrax w/box and manual

3)9 loose PC Engine Hu-Cards

4)Unopened Atari Flashback 2

5)Joysticks movie on VHS(this was a video rental and is missing cover sleeve)

6)Homemade Atari light-up shadowbox/wall display(has a crack on top of it that was glued but you will not notice it unless you are right on top of it)

7)Pac-Man and Frogger boardgames(these are in ok shape and as far as i can tell Frogger is only missing one piece)

8)Factory Sealed Atari 2600 Defender

9)Gatefolded Boxed Atari 2600 Combat(CX 2601)

10)Atari 2600 Jr.(this is loose with no hook-ups or controllers)

11)Pac-Man Hand Puppet

12)loose Bonk's Adventure game manual for the Turbografx-16

13)loose Columbia Home Arcade(no hook-ups or controllers)

14)Super Pong game unit(no power pack but does work with D-batteries)

I don't have to bring all or any of this if no one is interested but this all i have left in my trade stash of stuff and a few of these things i may just give to people if they need or want them.

My wife and I are going.

So far I've been pretty lazy about getting my stuff together...

Maybe 20 loose 2600 carts in various condition... Factory sealed 7800 Galaga... after that I'm not sure. Anyone have a use for a 10 Mb network switch? Can't remember if it's 12 or 24-port. I might even have two. I've probably got some more stuff I can bring... I just need to get it together.

Hello all!

Tempest had mentioned this gathering to me over at Digital Press, and I am planning on attending along with my wife.

I had recently registered as I just picked up an Atari Lynx last week and google searches lead me here.

as for trade/sell things, I don't have much at the moment, or anything of real interest, but here is what I have to get rid of if anyone has interest:

Metal Slug Anthology - Wii

Metal Slug 4&5 - PS2

Metal Slug 3 - Xbox

Project Gotham Racing 4 - Xbox 360

about 10 various NES common games

As for stuff to play - I have a wide range of things that I can bring if there is interest. Some highlights:

Modified Sega Saturn with a book of various games - also have many legit premium shooters for Japanese Saturn.

Japanese PlayStation 2 with many premium shooters for both PS1 and PS2

Japanese Xbox 360 with all of the Japanese only shooters including Death Smiles and Mamoru-Kun

If there is anything anyone would like to play across any console, feel free to inquire and I can see if I have it and bring it along.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Sounds like your a fan of Shumps(shooters)Sonic R and i know me and Dalum would love to play any of those games you mentioned. :)

:D I sure am a huge fan of shooters!

Is there anything specific that you or anyone else would like to play? Tempest has told me he has most every console covered except the import stuff, so I'll be sure to bring along the J360 and JPS2. Does anyone have a good arcade stick for PlayStation? I regret that I have not got one - yet - though I may pick one up that I know of if it is still available.

I have voted for both Pinball Petes and your home.

Some questions and such:

How will we know who is who? I do not know anyone yet and also, I am not sure I will arrive at Pinball Petes until around 2 o'clock, though the planned time is earlier.

How long will everyone wish to hang out at the arcade? I regret to report the Pinball Petes has been on the decline in recent times :( Will we be dining in Ann Arbor?

Some questions and such:

How will we know who is who? I do not know anyone yet and also, I am not sure I will arrive at Pinball Petes until around 2 o'clock, though the planned time is earlier.

How long will everyone wish to hang out at the arcade? I regret to report the Pinball Petes has been on the decline in recent times :( Will we be dining in Ann Arbor?

I think we were planning on meeting around 1:00 or so, but we can make it 2:00. I think we were planning on going to Pizza House for dinner and then heading down to my place in Flat Rock. I'll bring maps but everyone can shoot me a PM for the address.

As for how we will know each other, that's a good question. I'll be wearing my AA shirt, but I'm not sure about the others. Suggestions?

Tempest

Wow, when I stumbled upon this page, I never though so many people would be from Michigan, let alone minutes away!

Im from Woodhaven, I would not have a problem meeting at Pinball Pete's or going to the get together. :!:

Should we bring anything other than ourselves?

Woodhaven? No kidding? You must live about 5 min from me. Small world, how come we MI folks don't hang out more? Maybe this will change all of that. My new game room needs more game nights!

There's no need to bring anything to Pete's, but if you want to bring something for the group to play at the get together that's cool. You can also bring some trade stuff as I think we're going to be doing some trading. I'll have some snacks and soda, but if you want to bring something else that's great as well. If you want beer it's BYOB (assuming you are of age).

Tempest

I'm all for a get together. I guess the one that was discussed last year kind of fell apart. I'm in Romulus, so I'm kind of central to Pete's, Marvin's, and Flat Rock.

Yeah it never quite came together. I know there are more than few SE MI & Toldeo area posters here on AA, but they don't seem to be very active for some reason.

If we only get a few responses (say 6 or less) I'll host it at my place (or someone elses house if they want to do it). But if we get a big group we'll have to do Pete's or Marvin's.

Tempest

Yeah, I just checked Jboy's thread from last year and several of the people there haven't been active in a while. Jboy is active, but he's up in Saginaw. Wickeycolumbus is local... hopefully at least a few people show some interest.

If this thing happens....Jboy and I can car pool...?

Am going to have on my old AtariAge badge from the Midwest Gaming Classic from a few years back so that might help people spot me out lol.

If we decided at 2:00 pm we can just meet around the Donkey Kong machine if they still have it there.

Yea sadly Pete's is on a decline but it is the right size for the first Michigan AtariAge meet-up and with the Pizza House right across the road you can't go wrong. :)

Some questions and such:

I think we were planning on meeting around 1:00 or so, but we can make it 2:00. I think we were planning on going to Pizza House for dinner and then heading down to my place in Flat Rock. I'll bring maps but everyone can shoot me a PM for the address.

As for how we will know each other, that's a good question. I'll be wearing my AA shirt, but I'm not sure about the others. Suggestions?

Tempest

I'll be wearing a red Atari shirt and debuting my Atari hat. My wife just got it for my birthday last month and I'm waiting until Saturday to wear it for the first time. :)

Wow, when I stumbled upon this page, I never though so many people would be from Michigan, let alone minutes away!

Im from Woodhaven, I would not have a problem meeting at Pinball Pete's or going to the get together. :!:

You're not too far from me either... I'm out in Romulus. :)