IGNORED

How about a new skunkboard batch?

promethea

There's two thing you just said in your little tirade above that are worth replying to.

You truly are an idiot in the Jaguar scene if you think one can spend $10k and get $70k worth of Jaguar stuff, you make know sense.

and

You should go code a game,put it on cart

To the first, if you think theres ANYTHING in Jaguar land worth $70,000 then you are a complete moron. I see you spent $300 on a paper poster recently, so yes, I rest my case there. Collectors don't deserve respect because they collect. I couldn't give a flying **** what you own, and I'm certainly not jelous of you or your "little problem" - the ONLY type of collctors worthy of respect are the ones like Curt who give back. Money can't buy you that kind of respect.

and to the second point. We are. What the **** are you doing with your five that makes you so much better than anyone else? Revolving in glass cabinets I expect.

And if we're talking about "gay cliques" I suggest you head hack to JaguarSector where you have to be licking each others fingers just to get into the download section. Yeah that's community spirit right there :P

:ponder: What makes you think there is "1" item worth $70k?are you a complete moron? Surely i could easily turn around and sell my entire collection for way more than that. I bet you bid against me on the poster and lost,is that why you got a problem with me,oh wait they didn't ship overseas so you couldn't have bid? Seeing as though you don't even know the whole story with the poster maybe ill enlighten you, it was advertised as a "metal sign" , that's METAL, not your normal PAPER poster. After i received it and told the seller what it actually was, i got a substantial amount back to where we were both still happy. Since its VERY rare to find one without crease marks i still kept it. I wasn't the only one who wanted it,hence the reason it went up that high.If i got the money why not buy it? There you go again thinking i get respect cause i'm a collector again though :ponder:

Yes, you are jealous,just admit it :P . I unlike you,respect people not for what they "collect" or "what they give back", but for being decent and respectable people in the community,come as you are.I happen to be good friends with Curt :) . Basically you say you don't give anybody respect unless they give something back? what a dick.

As for what am i doing with my Skunkboards,why are you so concerned? I never said i was better than anyone else, why do you say that about me and try to put those words in my mouth? There you go with your "revolving cabinets" comment again, its played out dude,but i understand your jealous of me,its fine :D

As far as cliques go,say what you want, i don't belong to one unlike you and your "Reboot team". Buddies is a lone-wolf. I hang out on JSII and AA and associate with many people, but i don't belong to a certain group,i'm a member in a community where people share a common interest. So when you make unnecessary attacks on another forum don't blame me,most of those members are members on here aswell.

In hindsight, if i could go back,i probably wouldn't have even said anything about wanting more Skunkboards if id known the drama it would have caused. The funny thing is that i'm the kinda guy who would have lent you a Skunkboard if you would have asked nicely, but you and your friends,just bashed me for no reason and "promethea" acts like kskunk and others should have gave a "wink" or something to let you guys know it was a joke,lame excuse. The fact is just because other people say or do things on the forum doesn't mean you should have jumped on the bashing bandwagon to be cool, know what is going on in a place where you are new.

~JAGUAR RULES!~ :D

• Like 1

I have been watching this for a couple of day now and am surprised it has not been locked yet.

Or is he just another collector wacko? In that case, congratulations for making 19 potential devs (possibly) miss out on a dev cart.... And you have the nerve requesting more?

I have to agree with that comment. I had to borrow one from a friend in order to develop Tepperesque and now, Project-1.

Just remember when you are playing these games that there were potentially more titles like these that will never be created because someone with zero development experience is hoarding the dev carts.

Development hardware should go to developers, and not be placed inside a glass cabinet on a revolving stand so some idiot collector can have bragging rights.

The 20 Skunkboard thing was a Joke, anyone who has been on here or JSII for a while knows that BuddyBuddies is a keen Jaguar collector would recognises it as a joke. Being newer memebers you may not have reaslised this but even so your reaction was a little harsh, just because you and a few others may not have heard about the latest Skunkboard release until it was to late and therefore missed out there was no need for such comments. The results of which has derailed your original thread into a pointless flame war between you and BuddyBuddies over what I believe was just a miss understanding over an in joke that you as reletive new commers to AA did not understand.

If someone actually wanted to spend their money and buy that many Skunkboard that is their choice, a much better responce would have been to PM Buddies and say something like "It has been said that you have 20 Skunkboards and I can not imagine what you would do with them all. We are a new development group and were unable to get the number of Skunkboards we needed for all our members would you sell us some of yours".

Some people may have purchased more than one as a back up just in case, others have brought a Skunkboard 2 because it has more memory that their original Skunkboard either of which they may have been will to sell if you just politely asked around.

• Like 1

...you and your gay little Reboot clique ...you don't have enough Skunkboards for your team of fucktards...You truly are an idiot in the Jaguar scene...You should go code a game,put it on cart, turn that son-of-a-bitch sideways and shove it straight up your candy ass!...Reboot Sucks!, but JAGUAR RULES! :D

hehehe wtf?! :D I'm glad I took the advice to wear the teflon/asbestos suit, it comes in handy here. Buddies, this time I won't attempt to placate you, last time you seemed to think I was being insulting & I don't want to ignite your touchpaper again.

But I can see why you don't like or understand us, we can't be bought, there's no $value to us making Jaguar stuff, we're no good to your collection.

Remind me again why we are working on Jaguar? Another thing, how the hell did such a positive thread end up in this state? Some good came of it, we're now +2 on the skunkboard front & that's going to help us in the coming months.

The Reboot is in progress...

|------------------------------------------------- jaguar scene 2% rebooted

Buddies, from your responses I think I hit a nerve or at the very least a home truth.

Anyway, enough about this. Our releases will speak for themselves, and they will get released, despite comments from "jaguar fans" like buddies above.

And as for us wanting more skunks, everyone in reboot has a skunk2. The skunks were for other potential developers we know who would have liked one.

This thread was honestly started for a good reason, the possibility of more hardware. Unfortunatly that looks like it won't happen, but so be it. As kskunk has said, something else might come along soon, and there's always BJL. Plus we have an Alpine in our midst, so actually we're ok.

Buddies, if you don't want to play our games then please don't download them, thats fine with us. They're probably going to be too gay for you anyway, and possibly a little overcomplicated as they don't involve any sort of collecting at all. Really. The download link on our server won't miss you. I promise. I guess you'll have another 'hole' in your collection.

Have a good day, buddy.

...you and your gay little Reboot clique ...you don't have enough Skunkboards for your team of fucktards...You truly are an idiot in the Jaguar scene...You should go code a game,put it on cart, turn that son-of-a-bitch sideways and shove it straight up your candy ass!...Reboot Sucks!, but JAGUAR RULES! :D

hehehe wtf?! :D I'm glad I took the advice to wear the teflon/asbestos suit, it comes in handy here. Buddies, this time I won't attempt to placate you, last time you seemed to think I was being insulting & I don't want to ignite your touchpaper again.

But I can see why you don't like or understand us, we can't be bought, there's no $value to us making Jaguar stuff, we're no good to your collection.

Remind me again why we are working on Jaguar? Another thing, how the hell did such a positive thread end up in this state? Some good came of it, we're now +2 on the skunkboard front & that's going to help us in the coming months.

The Reboot is in progress...

|------------------------------------------------- jaguar scene 2% rebooted

:D Becareful, a Jaguar cart turned sideways can pierce that teflon/asbestos suit!

• Like 1

Buddies, from your responses I think I hit a nerve or at the very least a home truth.

Anyway, enough about this. Our releases will speak for themselves, and they will get released, despite comments from "jaguar fans" like buddies above.

And as for us wanting more skunks, everyone in reboot has a skunk2. The skunks were for other potential developers we know who would have liked one.

This thread was honestly started for a good reason, the possibility of more hardware. Unfortunatly that looks like it won't happen, but so be it. As kskunk has said, something else might come along soon, and there's always BJL. Plus we have an Alpine in our midst, so actually we're ok.

Buddies, if you don't want to play our games then please don't download them, thats fine with us. They're probably going to be too gay for you anyway, and possibly a little overcomplicated as they don't involve any sort of collecting at all. Really. The download link on our server won't miss you. I promise. I guess you'll have another 'hole' in your collection.

Have a good day, buddy.

Ill play your games even if they are gay, no worries. :D

I have been watching this for a couple of day now and am surprised it has not been locked yet.
Or is he just another collector wacko? In that case, congratulations for making 19 potential devs (possibly) miss out on a dev cart.... And you have the nerve requesting more?

I have to agree with that comment. I had to borrow one from a friend in order to develop Tepperesque and now, Project-1.

Just remember when you are playing these games that there were potentially more titles like these that will never be created because someone with zero development experience is hoarding the dev carts.

Development hardware should go to developers, and not be placed inside a glass cabinet on a revolving stand so some idiot collector can have bragging rights.

The 20 Skunkboard thing was a Joke, anyone who has been on here or JSII for a while knows that BuddyBuddies is a keen Jaguar collector would recognises it as a joke. Being newer memebers you may not have reaslised this but even so your reaction was a little harsh, just because you and a few others may not have heard about the latest Skunkboard release until it was to late and therefore missed out there was no need for such comments. The results of which has derailed your original thread into a pointless flame war between you and BuddyBuddies over what I believe was just a miss understanding over an in joke that you as reletive new commers to AA did not understand.

If someone actually wanted to spend their money and buy that many Skunkboard that is their choice, a much better responce would have been to PM Buddies and say something like "It has been said that you have 20 Skunkboards and I can not imagine what you would do with them all. We are a new development group and were unable to get the number of Skunkboards we needed for all our members would you sell us some of yours".

Some people may have purchased more than one as a back up just in case, others have brought a Skunkboard 2 because it has more memory that their original Skunkboard either of which they may have been will to sell if you just politely asked around.

100% AGREE!!! With this being said, im completely done with this whole Reboot VS. BuddyBuddies BS. Ill go my seperate way and they can go theirs.

JAGUAR RULES! :)

• Like 1

Let's see, asbestos suit: check.

Aaaaaaand ACTION!

just so everybody knows.... "IVE GOT 5 SKUNKBOARDS!" :cool:

Its best to ignore the fucktards anyway Buddy. The obviously don't know who the hell they are talking to. :)

I must have not read all of your stuff. But when you seemingly attack a VERY respected member of the Jag community you should expect people to get upset.

You should go code a game,put it on cart, turn that son-of-a-bitch sideways and shove it straight up your candy ass! Tapper...lol..i see some irony there dont you?

Reboot Sucks!, but JAGUAR RULES! :D

:D Becareful, a Jaguar cart turned sideways can pierce that teflon/asbestos suit!

Ill play your games even if they are gay, no worries. :D

Now then...

See! We aren't all bad ;-).

orly.jpg

And to buddybuddies, who is fond of saying us what to do with our supposed carts: We will do what you request after you shove all of your collection up your ass. It's only fair I guess.

Also, see my previous post, and think again if you will ever be able to play our games. Loser...

Edited by promethea

We're not intending to build any this year. I'll never say never, but it would definitely take another 100 people ready to pay before I'd go through all this madness again. ;) I can't see that happening for quite a while. The Jag community is only so big!

- KS

I put my name down on the list for the first batch, but it was so far down on the list I never got one.

I am still very interested in buying one and if you have a list going, please add me again.

Thanks.

I've been hanging around these forums for a few years, and I've never seen Buddies post anything other than upbeat and helpful comments in all that time. In fact, I know that, from time to time, he's lent certain gear out just to help in bettering the community. If you had to give a award for Jaguar citizenship, I suspect the vast majority of folks here would have it go to Buddies.

Knowing this, I am completely astounded by the behavior I am witnessing here.

I mean, seriously... piling on Buddies? If it were close to April 1, I'd assume this was all a hoax.

Buddies, I recommend that you just take the high road here and continue being the good ol' Buddies we all know. There's no need to further this absurdity.

• Like 1

And if we're talking about "gay cliques" I suggest you head back to JaguarSector where you have to be licking each others fingers just to get into the download section. Yeah that's community spirit right there :P

Let me say beforehand I am NOT trying to be mean, insulting or anything...this is just how I feel being not only a Jag fan but a Jag customer as well.

Well, all I can say is, even though I DID make a post (though I wasn't trying to insult anyone), after reading that I won't be supporting the Reboot team now. You've rather insulted alot of Jaguar fans who probably would have been more than happy to play your game(s), however many you decide to make.

In all honesty, there are more fans there than here (though some do visit both)...I could be wrong...but again, after reading that little statement, I don't care how great any of your games may be, I refuse to play, download, buy, whatever. That was very uncalled for.

If you want to develop for the Jag and sell games, not trying to be mean, but I highly suggest you stop with the insults. Whether your started first or last with them, you should be the first to STOP...and again, the above was NOT nice at all to alot of Jag fans. With the statement you just said, it seems to me (though I could be wrong) you REALLY don't have a true passion for the Jaguar as you've again clearly insulted alot of Jag fans FOR NO REASON that on the other hand probably would've liked to play your games. But alot of them might not want to now after reading that.

Reboot Jaguar games? Count me out!

And if you want to start flaming/insulting whatever, then go ahead as that will show me just how you truly are. I hope you can read my message and reply with a message that won't be flaming/insulting, but if you so choose to be mean or cruel, then honestly you might lose even more possible customers. Who wants to buy from people that insult others?

And no, I'm not going to call you or your team "gay" or anything...but again I do feel bashing JSII like you did was uncalled for. Now, I do understand WHY you did as it was in response to BB saying that about you and your team (I've read the whole topic)...but JSII is home to Jag fans and possible customers that you may have lost.

Edited by Sayton

Boycotting sales of something that is given for free will not be very effective... Anyway, I doubt reboot care whether or not anyone other than their friends will play their games.

So feel free to miss out on those lovely games that I had the priviledge to be testing and helping with their development.

Woooooosh!

(yes, it went right over your head, as usual)

Please don't jump on the Reboot bashing bandwagon, take your time to inform yourself about who we are & what we are about before letting rip, that's what we do :D

Edited by -kZa-

Let me see if I've got this right... Sooo, people missed out on getting a SkunkBoard, have started a campaign to get existing SkunkBoards into the hands of developers or even get a new production run underway, there's an alternative solution on the horizon (JagCF), a joke was misconstrued, the SkunkBoard-less developers got a taste of sour grapes and attacked a well respected member of the community before there was any actual discussion of the issue with him... From there, it just escalated. Boo to that.

The thing is that BuddyBuddies isn't just a collector; he's essentially putting together a museum. He's supporting the community both in terms of preserving its history as well as injecting money into its small economy.

I totally understand how developers without development kits must feel when they read about collectors who aren't using their collections, and it's certainly frustrating, but it is important to remember that he only has five out of a few hundred, that people (including BuddyBuddies) are loaning theirs to developers, that a SkunkBoard has already shown-up on eBay, that people may respond to your campaign and share/sell/donate theirs, and that there are alternatives already available and more on their way. To openly attack someone you don't know and then get further offended when they defend themselves (albeit harshly) just seems counterproductive.

This whole thing has just become personal and is bringing about a lot of unfavourable attention... And it's spreading.

If you guys really wanna discuss the finer points of preservation versus development, then keep it civil and academic. The simple fact of the matter is that BuddyBuddies is hardly hoarding SkunkBoards (so let's leave him be), and Reboot knows people who need development kits (so let's try to help support them). Seems awfully silly to get all bent out of shape over that, doesn't it?

Seems awfully silly to get all bent out of shape over that, doesn't it?

Yes, but silly (too put it mildly) is a hallmark of the modern Jag community. The bizarreness must look exceedingly bizarre for those taking the first look. :D

Sorry everyone I've just had a SERIOUSLY horrible month this month...and I'm just not doing so great right now, so just ignore my rants.

Hey it happens, hope things go better for you in the future.

I'd hate for anyone to miss out on what might come out of Reboot. I've seen some very neat things... ;)

Let me see if I've got this right...

Nearly, not quite.

the SkunkBoard-less developers got a taste of sour grapes and attacked a well respected member of the community

OK, everyone seems to be able to read when people write stuff about how loved Buddie sis, so please read: We've all got skunk IIs. We do not have sour grapes. We wanted to source more for a mass invasion of like-minded devs from other scenes, kids we know & have worked with before who could join us or battle us in Jaguar game making ;) Sour grapes is unfair - they seriously thought he had 20 skunk boards piled up, we've heard so much about Buddies collecting/hoovering that it did not seem that far-fetched. If you look at it from our point of view maybe you can understand the reaction from the Reboot ppl, maybe not.

When speaking with Buddies I made a point of trying to be fair & suggesting he probably didn't have that many, it was a joke & that if he did maybe he thought he was supporting the production of the boards by helping the produces by handing them a huge pile of cashmoney. In my next post I again tried to reason with him & understand his logic of owning 10 boards (as he led me to believe in a later post). All I got for that was a huge kick in the balls from BuddyBuddies, who said I called him a pirate because he didn't take the time to read what I wrote properly. Yet I didn't rise to his flaming, I replied in a reasonably pleasant manner to all his points. I'll just steer clear from now on.

It was actually dantheratman, whoever he might be, who took the first big steps into the deep end with his fucktards comment. So he gets the shiny badge of recognition.

Seems awfully silly to get all bent out of shape over that, doesn't it?

F**k yes. I've got stuff to do if we're going to get this 4-week-old preview ready for the weekend.

OK, everyone seems to be able to read when people write stuff about how loved Buddie sis, so please read: We've all got skunk IIs.
Sorry, I knew that, and I shouldn't have called those involved "SkunkBoard-less", but rather "those championing the plight of the SkunkBoardless". I stand corrected.
Sour grapes is unfair - they seriously thought he had 20 skunk boards piled up, we've heard so much about Buddies collecting/hoovering that it did not seem that far-fetched.
That's kind of the definition of "sour grapes". Think about it, you're prepared for something good, but it doesn't pan out as planned and you're left with a bad taste in your mouth. People thought that BuddyBuddies was hoarding and so they made things personal. I understand that, and I can even relate to that, but the fact remains that things just got out of hand without any discussion as the result of people being irrationally reactionary instead of confirming the details first; both sides are guilty of that.

You've been pretty reasonable through all of this, -kZa-, so please don't think that I'm singling you out or focusing on Reboot members. I'm just trying to sum things up and put this all in perspective. Everybody overreacted and it deteriorated into unnecessary and inappropriate personal attacks.

Come-on Zerosquare!, SCPCD! & The JagWare Team! - Bring on the long-awaited, awesome JaguarCF! it will be the saviour of the Jaguar world! :D

I personally can't wait for it! Zero says everyone that wants one will get one. ;)

Only if everybody promises to be nice and stop hitting each other :P