IGNORED

Atari 2600 Video-Out modification

CPUWIZ

What I remember about the built-in game .. is that if you put a ROM in there .. that's all you get!  You cannont use the cart slot for any other game.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, Ga

I've been wanting to tinker with this, when I get time :roll: I figure thers got to be a way to instal a contact switch in the load slot to diable the onboard chip somehow,, What I really would like for this is a Mulitcart Chip? maybe like one of those junior Aussie units with the on screen display (but of course in NTSC

Kevin Horton has done this without needing a switch. Read my previous post and follow the link

that post shows that 7800 monstrasity.. Im thinking of using the empty socket on the 2600 early six'ers. this was originally ment for a built in game (combat?) I saw somwere that someone had done this long time ago (just put in a game rom) only prob was, couldnt play a game in load slot.. thats what Im talking onf

that post shows that 7800 monstrasity.. Im thinking of using the empty socket on the 2600 early six'ers. this was originally ment for a built in game (combat?) I saw somwere that someone had done this long time ago (just put in a game rom) only prob was, couldnt play a game in load slot.. thats what Im talking onf

You didn't read through that site carefully enough.

2600 carts have two ground pins

that are shorted together by the cartridge board.

You can break the ground path for one pin of the cartridge connector and give it a pullup resistor.

Then it will be at 0v when a cart is plugged in

and 5v when one isn't. This gives you a enable signal for an internal rom (maybe put it to CE and /A12 to /OE or something)

sweet;) ya, i didnt look thru that site well enough.. short on time latly, been seeing disassembled ataris in my sleep :D I hadnt even looked at the schmatics yet, just dreaming up next project;) I would love to put a super chip in it of some sort tho.. with on screen select of course