IGNORED

Lochjaw for Atari 2600

Mr. Postman

well, it would not make that much sense to offer 400$ for a side deal ... then u could just as well bid on the auction and probably win ... i think it's kind of normal to offer a smaller ammount ... 195 wasn't very realistic ... but still fair ...

wasn't me :P

Greetings, found this at the flea marker today. Too rich for my blood, so I'm going to have to let it go.

Link updated*

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lochjaw-for-Atari-2600...Z270424343300QQ

P1020187.png

P1020176.jpg

Screenshot looks just like Shark Attack. Is Shark attack a Lochjaw ripoff? or is it the other way around?

Greetings, found this at the flea marker today. Too rich for my blood, so I'm going to have to let it go.

Link updated*

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lochjaw-for-Atari-2600...Z270424343300QQ

P1020187.png

P1020176.jpg

Screenshot looks just like Shark Attack. Is Shark attack a Lochjaw ripoff? or is it the other way around?

Lochjaw came first, but they are both from Apollo.

As he said, same thing, same company. I believe they changed the title after a few of these were released because of lawsuit pressures (from the movie Jaws and such). As such, as far as I know, it's just a label variation. There may be some minor game differences, but it sucks either way so who cares?

As he said, same thing, same company. I believe they changed the title after a few of these were released because of lawsuit pressures (from the movie Jaws and such). As such, as far as I know, it's just a label variation. There may be some minor game differences, but it sucks either way so who cares?

I believe You get stuck against the walls often in Lochjaw, and that was fixed in Shark Attack?

I don't own Shark Attack, so I can only vouch that you do indeed get stuck against the walls in Lochjaw...very often.

What's the Ebay ID of the guy that offered you $195 for it? Just curious :)

I think it would be a little rude tossing names around. $195 was definitely a lowball offer to snake the auction, but at least he didn't offer me $50 or something.

Well you could say it was of him to offer you $195 for it in the first place. Alas, another person not willing to give up names.

Dirty, no-good, low-balling side-dealers should be named and shamed :D

What's the Ebay ID of the guy that offered you $195 for it? Just curious :)

I think it would be a little rude tossing names around. $195 was definitely a lowball offer to snake the auction, but at least he didn't offer me $50 or something.

Well you could say it was of him to offer you $195 for it in the first place. Alas, another person not willing to give up names.

Dirty, no-good, low-balling side-dealers should be named and shamed :D

I agree.

My apologies all. No side deals, but I decided to keep the cart in my collection for the time being. I'm really hurting for cash at the moment, but I'm afraid if I sell this right now, I'll never have this gem in my collection again. I got it in a lot of 3 apollo carts for $10 at a local swap meet. A 2600 buddy of mine came over tonight and really gave me a lot of grief over listing it on ebay.

I just wanted to clarify that it was not sold on a side deal, and it is still in my possession, but I am going to try to attempt other means to alleviate my unpleasant financial situation.

Once again, my apologies to the bidders. I'm a 2600 collector just like you all. This is probably the only time in my life I'll get to proudly display a rather rare rarity 9 and be able to claim it as a $3 swap meet find.

I do hope you all can understand why I want to keep it. Sorry, and thanks.

My apologies all. No side deals, but I decided to keep the cart in my collection for the time being. I'm really hurting for cash at the moment, but I'm afraid if I sell this right now, I'll never have this gem in my collection again. I got it in a lot of 3 apollo carts for $10 at a local swap meet. A 2600 buddy of mine came over tonight and really gave me a lot of grief over listing it on ebay.

I just wanted to clarify that it was not sold on a side deal, and it is still in my possession, but I am going to try to attempt other means to alleviate my unpleasant financial situation.

Once again, my apologies to the bidders. I'm a 2600 collector just like you all. This is probably the only time in my life I'll get to proudly display a rather rare rarity 9 and be able to claim it as a $3 swap meet find.

Awesome! you wont regret the decision ;)

:thumbsup:

This game is rare, no doubt about that. If your buddie gave you greif because he thinks holding on to it for 5 years the value will increase dramtically, than he might be wrong. Air Raid at about 4 years ago sold for over $3,300. Today your lucky if it sells for $2,000. Quadrun is another example. 8 years ago this game loose would go for $500. Today your lucky if it sells for $250 loose. Pepsi Invaders 5 years ago sold for $1,800. Today your lucky if the game sells for over $1,000. Motorodeo boxed at one time would go for over $800, and Ikari Warriors would go for over $350 boxed. Than a huge find in Venezuala happened, and both games typically go for under $50.

I have been collecting this stuff for over 8 years now, and every time I think this is the year that Atari 2600 games will at least bounce back somewhat, but instead it's been one very slow decline in prices for 95 percent of the games made for the system. I have a ton of games, and it's hard to actually believe that 95 percent of the games I have were actually worth more 8 years ago. So yes, the game you have is indeed rare, and it's hard to get. It shows up probably 3 to 4 times a year, but believe me when I say that most likely you would have been able to get the same game for the same price or a little less within a year after you sold it when it came to auction again.

Your friend is right 99 percent of the time. When you are dealing with rare and valuable things, generally it's best to keep them. Usually the hobby has an appreaciation for rare and valuable things, and these things tend to go up in value. And yes that is true 99 percent of the time for things like Baseball cards, Comic books, coins, even the NES to some extent, but this is not true so far with the Atari 2600. Let's just say that the community atmosphere, the NES snatching up a vast majority of new potential collectors, and a community that has shifted from loose games to boxed or sealed has made it a case where you most likely will not be sorry if you sell something rare and loose, because hey you will be able to get it for the same price or cheaper a year later most of the time. There are a lot of things that your friend is right on with whatever he told you, but this one your friend has no clue.

Who knows maybe the next decade a ton of collectors will pour into the market, and my statement will be wrong, but if it's anything like it will be this decade you will be regretting the fact that you had a chance to sell your game for so much. For me the previous statements I have made are like me eating crow. I was so sure back in 2001 when I started collecting seriously that almost every game I was collecting for was going to be big bucks in about 8 years. I was sure that games like Frogger, Pitfall, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, and a countless number of others were going to be worth $20 to $30 by now loose! Boy was I wrong! Those same games 8 years ago which were selling for $5 to $10 loose are now selling for $3 to $5 loose. I am including shipping with this as well.

So basically if your holding it because you like the fact you have a rare game, and that you have some bragging rights, than good for you. But if your holding it because you are afraid that you can't get it again, than you are probably wrong. Or if you are holding it because of some future potential increase in value than you are probably wrong if the past 8 years I have been in the hobby are any indicator. Just my $.02

Edited by homerwannabee

Tease :D

This is probably the only time in my life I'll get to proudly display a rather rare rarity 9 and be able to claim it as a $3 swap meet find.

This is pretty much the rarest of the R9's as well if you ask me. Well, a few of the BOMB carts come to mind but Lochjaw is damn hard to find.

This is probably the only time in my life I'll get to proudly display a rather rare rarity 9 and be able to claim it as a $3 swap meet find.

This is pretty much the rarest of the R9's as well if you ask me. Well, a few of the BOMB carts come to mind but Lochjaw is damn hard to find.

Agreed. I dont see this title going down below $300 for a long while.... Hey, I'm more optimistic than Homer for once :D

• 3 weeks later...
Financial troubles haven't really let up on me. :(

She's back up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270439479524

This is one where I would have started it low and let it go OR list it at a high BIN with best offer. Not sure what others think but starting an auction at 350 isn't the best approach IMHO but what the hell do I know.

Good luck with your sale.