IGNORED

Tempest's Game Room

Fort Knox comes to my mind!!!!!! What a great collection! :cool: :)

But heck, where are the protos?????

Yeah I didn't see the armed guard on the pic :cool:

You know, the funny thing is that even when I had the protos they were never displayed. I kept them in a tub on the bottom shelf of the closet. I fear that everyone would be disappointed. :)

I finally got my hands on an entertainment center for my basement last night (same one as in my upstairs game room). Expect pictures of that soon. :)

Tempest

I started on the CoCo, so I immediately recognized you had a CM-8 monitor with it. (Fairly hard to come by nowadays)

And then I saw you have the original box to both the monitor and floppy drives! I didn't even have those!

Are those hard to come by? I got those when I traded off my N64 (you'll notice that I don't have one in those pictures). I never really thought much about it until now. The only thing I recall about the monitor is that it took me about 20 min to find the monitor port on the CoCo 3. :)

Tempest

The biggest hurdle is that they don't actually sell for that much, so nobody wants to deal with shipping. I don't think I've ever seen one on ebay with the original box. (though I don't really look that often either)

I started on the CoCo, so I immediately recognized you had a CM-8 monitor with it. (Fairly hard to come by nowadays)

And then I saw you have the original box to both the monitor and floppy drives! I didn't even have those!

Are those hard to come by? I got those when I traded off my N64 (you'll notice that I don't have one in those pictures). I never really thought much about it until now. The only thing I recall about the monitor is that it took me about 20 min to find the monitor port on the CoCo 3. :)

Tempest

The biggest hurdle is that they don't actually sell for that much, so nobody wants to deal with shipping. I don't think I've ever seen one on ebay with the original box. (though I don't really look that often either)

Makes sense. Lots of things are like that (especially monitors). I also have a mouse for it which is pretty funky and heavy!

I'm still looking for a 6309 and some sort of memory upgrade so I can play Donkey Kong. :)

Tempest

Well now I only need to see Wonder's, CPUWIZ and Marcos collection to see who has the best. Great job and I'm floored by the amount of space you have used for your collection.

:-o :ponder: :thumbsup:

:D :ponder: maybe it's a good thing I'm not on that list.

CPU I think may have some of the most unique, one of a kind stuff having been in the biz.

AX

HOLY $H!T!!! What a killer collection you have there Tempest! :o

How long have you been collecting? Damn that looks like an arcade museum!

For about 12 or 13 years. I may have a big collection, but it's far from the biggest on AA. I think it looks huge because I collect for EVERY system instead of just concentrating on one. So I have common and uncommon stuff from many different systems rather than ultra rare stuff from one system. There are much smaller collections that contain far more expensive and hard to find stuff than you'll find in mine (although I do have a few).

I need to get the marquees up on the walls and the Atari mobiles out and hanging from the ceiling still.

Tempest

I bet your future wife is incredibly proud of the fact that you are so organized! Great collection, by the way... thanks for sharing!!

Actually she's annoyed that I took up all the space that she wants for her stuff... :)

Tempest

I bet your future wife is incredibly proud of the fact that you are so organized! Great collection, by the way... thanks for sharing!!

Actually she's annoyed that I took up all the space that she wants for her stuff... :)

Tempest

Ahh well... hopefully she will get over it... especially since you probably had most of that stuff long before she became part of your life.

Tempest

Ahh well... hopefully she will get over it... especially since you probably had most of that stuff long before she became part of your life.

I've been trying to consolidate and free up space for her stuff, but she thinks we just need a bigger house. :) I should buy my neighbors house just for the storage room...

Tempest

• Like 1

Tempest

I've been trying to consolidate and free up space for her stuff, but she thinks we just need a bigger house. :) I should buy my neighbors house just for the storage room...

Tempest

Now there is an idea. I didn't bring any of my stuff with me when I moved...it is still at the folks house... but we don't have enough room either. We have 30 of those big plastic tubs and several packing boxes still full of stuff. We also got rid of a bunch of stuff too. It is amazing how much stuff one can accumulate over the years!

Nice collection there...the pic with the boxed atari XDM printer...is'nt that a proto as i don't seem to remember many of them seen over here

I see that you are into your apple mac stuff (quiet a few monitors HDs/floppies etc)

Is that 2 5200 and 2 7800 boxes i see there

Shame that you didn't nab yourself a c-64c back in the day (or just nab yourself the casing from it (i remember various dealers offering the new c64c casing as a hardware accessory)

Nice collection there...the pic with the boxed atari XDM printer...is'nt that a proto as i don't seem to remember many of them seen over here

I see that you are into your apple mac stuff (quiet a few monitors HDs/floppies etc)

Is that 2 5200 and 2 7800 boxes i see there

Shame that you didn't nab yourself a c-64c back in the day (or just nab yourself the casing from it (i remember various dealers offering the new c64c casing as a hardware accessory)

There is a prototype Atari printer, but that was a thermal one. These are standard daisy wheel and dot matrix printers. B&C still sells them NIB IIRC.

Yes there are two 5200 boxes (4 and 2 port), but only one 7800 box.

Tempest

I am stunned by your collection. It is truly amazing. I especially like your MAME machine. Is there anyway you could post a few more shots of it? Also, what games do you have on it. And does your button arrangement negate the original feel of any of your games? The reason I ask, is because I want a MAME myself. I have way too many coin ops and want to get a MAME or build one. Thanks.