IGNORED

Tempest's Game Room

Wow, I wondered what your collection looked like. Nice!

We need to hang out sometime, lol.

There is the get together in Sept. with a party at my place...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/143727-se-michigan-get-together-sept-12th/page__pid__1823558__st__120entry1823558

Is that an external 5 1/4 next to your Adam? Hard to come by, ive been looking for a while.

Yep. They show up more often than you'd think on ebay, you just have to watch. There's been at least 6 up for auction in the past four or five months.

Tempest

• 1 month later...

throws towel in ;)

that is truley awesome :lust: - but where is the Jag and 3DO stuff :D

I sold my Jag collection off a few years ago. I might get another some day, but not right now.

I did own a 3DO for about a week before I sold it. I also wouldn't mind owning another one of those, but it's not high on my list right now. Same with the CD-i.

Tempest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BWA HA HA! I have more PCJr games than you do! I'm winning on this website at SOMETHING! NYAH HA HA!

On a serious note, holy freakin' crap that's a lot of so much awesome stuff. Where did you get the pooka plushy? That thing is awesome!

EDIT: Found the namco collection of plushies. Thanks Tempest! Now I know what I'm asking my wife for this Christmas!

Edited by CebusCapucinis

• 1 month later...

Simply incredible Matt. That's one kick ass house full of fun you have there! Love the way you've got the software boxes on display too. All this stuff is so fun to look at and this reminds me that I still need to post pics of my Gameroom(s). Really should do it for insurance purposes too I suppose. lol

• 3 weeks later...

icon_eek.gif HOLY COW!!!

The only question i have is how you use the FDS.

By connecting it to two Game Genies and a Famicom > NES adapter. It looks funny but it works.

Tempest

wait a minute (took me months to remember the differences between the famicom and nes)

on the NES, the external sound chip pins were moved to the bottom port of the console, so is half the sound missing or something?

wait a minute (took me months to remember the differences between the famicom and nes)

on the NES, the external sound chip pins were moved to the bottom port of the console, so is half the sound missing or something?

Sort of. It's true that I'm missing a sound channel, but it's not like half the sound is gone. That sound channel was rarely used anyway and generally for a background beat.

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...

Sort of. It's true that I'm missing a sound channel, but it's not like half the sound is gone. That sound channel was rarely used anyway and generally for a background beat.

Tempest

couldnt you somehow run a wire from the sound pins on the fds cart down to the bottom of the console and see if it works?

• 5 weeks later...

Holy shit those neo-geo games must have cost you a fortune! :-o :-o :-o

In AES format they would have. Those are MVS carts with shockboxes. I think the most expensive one in there is Neo Turfmasters and I only paid $80 for that.

Tempest

Really coz i read somewhere that most neo geo games sell $300-$500 so the AES is the arcade style machine yeah?

Edit: Nvm so are the arcade carts compatible with the console?

Edited by Pyromaniac605

• 1 month later...

Wow, very impressive, Tempest. One question for you, though: I noticed you had some of the games in the Ultima series. Where's Ultima III? Did I miss that in one of your pictures?

The box on the left is the Ultima Triology (I,II,III). From what I understand it's pretty rare. I remember having to get it direct from Origin at the time since I never saw it in stores.

Tempest