IGNORED

Tempest's Game Room

I am stunned by your collection. It is truly amazing. I especially like your MAME machine. Is there anyway you could post a few more shots of it? Also, what games do you have on it. And does your button arrangement negate the original feel of any of your games? The reason I ask, is because I want a MAME myself. I have way too many coin ops and want to get a MAME or build one. Thanks.

I can take some more pictures this weekend. It's nothing special, someone built it out of plywood and put some lamanent over it (I got it second hand). That's a 27" TV in there as a monitor. It has the entire current set of ROMs on it and is powered by my old P4 3.4GHz 2GB RAM monster. There are holes in the top for speakers (like those flat stereo speakers) but I just jammed my old computer speakers up there and they work great. The inside is hollow and is where the CPU is, although I suppose I could hook up the coin mechs if I really felt like it as they're wired for it. The control panel tilts forward to reveal the inner works and a compartment for the mouse and keyboard storage.

The only thing I don't like about the button layout is that they're set slightly too far back for me. Maybe if I was sitting on a stool and bending over it (which I plan to get) it would be better, but standing up I feel like I have to lean over slightly to reach. I've been thinking about cutting an inch or so off the outside edge of the panel to fix this. Other than that it works just fine. I did install new 4/8 way switchable sticks though.

Tempest

Hmn... can't wait for the upstairs. This may match my collection or surpass it(depending on what is upstairs). With what I've seen so far its coming close. Got any Kiosks? :evil:

AX

It dont count AX unless you show some pictures of your collection.

But its really good to see one of the big guys brave enough to show his collection..thanks Tempest. :D

I got the entertainment center installed in the basement this weekend. I'll try and get some pictures up of that as soon as I load the systems onto it (O2, 7800, 5200, Intellivision, PS2, SMS, and maybe my Arcadia 2001).

Tempest

I've actually moved stuff around a bit. All of the classic stuff (up through NES and SMS) are downstairs in the basement, all of the current and last gen stuff (PS2/GC and up) are in the family room because they do component video, and all the 16-bit/32-bit stuff is up in the computer room. The only exceptions are the Atari 8-bit, MSX, and Apple II which are also in the computer room for space reasons. On the plus side I was able to put out my SV-328 now because I freed up some space.

I'm keeping things seperated by era. I didn't start out doing it that way, it just sort of happened on its own and I 'finished the job'. :)

Tempest

Wow. Just... wow. :-o

Mind-bogglingly impressive. Really makes me wish I had a basement in this tiny house of mine.

Once upon a time, I had the same kinda thought... I wanted to collect all the Pong game systems ever made. I quickly came to the realization that 1) Lordy, there's a lot of Pong machines and 2) I have nowhere near the amount of room needed for such an endeavour.

So, until I can buy a second house and get a much better-paying job, I'll just look at your pictures, wipe the drool from my chin, and imagine.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Smeg

You should open up a museum and charge admission, looks like a large history of video games and early home computers there. We have someone in the United States doing that and its called the DigiBarn.

Assimilate more into your Collective...

To be a curator in a computer museum is my dream job. My collection isn't nearly that big and or interesting.

Tempest

very beautiful & big collection :lust:

can you post HI RES resolution of these pics ?

gameroom2

gameroom3

gameroom7

gameroom10

gameroom11

gameroom26

as possible

thanks

I'll try when I get a moment. Any particular reason?

Tempest

yes, to see better, and read the titles of softwares/games

it gives me ideas for software to search

and i love HIGH RES collection photos ;)

printing on A3 format, for my archives

thanks

JC/rhod

Edited by Rhod