IGNORED

AtariAge Store on Vacation

Albert

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering (like others), when will the store be open? I really want to buy some homebrews. :)

Yeah man I know it, when I finally get some mad money to spend for the holidays, the store leaves. :)

I saw another post Albert responded to saying to pm him with what you want and he will be happy to help you.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have you looked at options like Cafe Press for clothing and some other items? Prices might go up a little, but you do not have to carry any inventory and can offer a wider array of products.

We did setup a CafePress store a LONG time ago (when CafePress was still young!), but never added anything to it since that original exercise. You can find that store here:

http://www.cafepress.com/atariage

I still have a shirt I bought from them back in 2001 or so. It's pretty ratty now and then printing has faded quite a bit, but it was better quality overall than I was expecting. I personally prefer silk screened shirts, but you obviously need to get those printed in larger volumes to make it economical. I think I still have about half of the shirts I printed in advance of CGE. :ponder:

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

I think I still have about half of the shirts I printed in advance of CGE. :ponder:

I still want to order a large shirt or two from you if possible but things are really tight right now so it may be a little while. Been wanting a pause kit too. Anyone know when this recession is gonna be over? It's really cramping my Atari lifestyle!

I still want to order a large shirt or two from you if possible but things are really tight right now so it may be a little while. Been wanting a pause kit too. Anyone know when this recession is gonna be over? It's really cramping my Atari lifestyle!

Ahh, yes, I also need to add the shirts to the store. I need to inventory them to see what I have left--it will be mostly Larges and Extra-Larges at this point, but I'm not sure how long they will last once I add them to the store.

..Al

What happened to Turbo? I looked over the whole store, and it's nowhere.

I'll be adding Turbo and other items to the store today. Yesterday I had to do some needed software upgrades to the store and I was able to get those done. :)

..Al

Thank you :) .

$45 for Turbo?

Is there any reason it's that much? I am assuming it's because of the Coleco carts being used, but I don't know...

This is not an uncommon price for boxed reproductions of this manner, of which there have been many over the years. In the case of Turbo, this is probably the most expensive release to date in terms of physical production. First, the boxes are quite expensive to have made, given they are offset printed on chipboard paper stock with a custom box die. This is also the first release we used box inserts for, which hold the cartridge in place so it's not rattling around in the box. The insert also adds more strength to the box to help keep it from getting crushed.

Using Coleco cartridge shells adds additional expense, as they are not as common as Atari carts and a higher percentage (compared to Atari shells) are not in suitable condition for homebrew games. Normal cartridge circuit boards do not fit in Coleco shells, so we had to design a new Coleco board for these shells and order a large batch of them. Even the labels are different than standard Atari labels, so I could not use my existing stock of labels for Turbo.

It's much more expensive to procure these materials when you're producing a low number of games versus the many thousands (or millions) a company like Atari or Coleco produced "back in the day". Plus, the games are hand built, which is a time consuming process. Even the boxes are folded and glued by hand.

$45 is a relative bargain given what goes into putting together a release like this. :ponder:

..Al

$45 for Turbo?

Is there any reason it's that much? I am assuming it's because of the Coleco carts being used, but I don't know...

This is not an uncommon price for boxed reproductions of this manner, of which there have been many over the years. In the case of Turbo, this is probably the most expensive release to date in terms of physical production. First, the boxes are quite expensive to have made, given they are offset printed on chipboard paper stock with a custom box die. This is also the first release we used box inserts for, which hold the cartridge in place so it's not rattling around in the box. The insert also adds more strength to the box to help keep it from getting crushed.

Using Coleco cartridge shells adds additional expense, as they are not as common as Atari carts and a higher percentage (compared to Atari shells) are not in suitable condition for homebrew games. Normal cartridge circuit boards do not fit in Coleco shells, so we had to design a new Coleco board for these shells and order a large batch of them. Even the labels are different than standard Atari labels, so I could not use my existing stock of labels for Turbo.

It's much more expensive to procure these materials when you're producing a low number of games versus the many thousands (or millions) a company like Atari or Coleco produced "back in the day". Plus, the games are hand built, which is a time consuming process. Even the boxes are folded and glued by hand.

$45 is a relative bargain given what goes into putting together a release like this. :ponder:

..Al

Sorry, I didn't know. :(

Maybe someday release a cheaper version, like with the Harmony cart? With just a normal Atari cart, and no box?

I seriously think the whole package looks really neat, and I appreciate all the work that is being done in to it, but I just find to $45 a bit much for me. I might still consider buying it, but I will have to think about it.

Unfortunately, this will not happen until all the boxed copies have been sold. Right now I'm well in the red as far as Turbo goes.

..Al

Quick question - is Turbo available in a PAL version - I can't see any mention of NTSC or PAL on the store page?

Thanks,

Chris

For those who are interested, I have added the following items to the AtariAge Store:

- Turbo (2600)

- Duck Attack (2600)

- K.O. Cruiser (2600)

- Chunkout (2600)

- Worm! (7800)

- Squares! (ColecoVision!)

- AtariAge Shirts (S, M, L, XL)

If you want a shirt, I suggest you grab one fast. I doubt they'll last too long now that they are in the store. I counted 44 shirts this morning, and only a handful of Small and Mediums among them. Here's a link to a page that shows the latest products added to the store (I haven't updated the store front page yet):

http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=new

..Al

One quick question before I put my order together: Is Tempest going to be added as well? I was hoping to be able to get a boxed copy of that too. Thanks again!

I don't have an ETA for Tempest at this time. It is not imminent, I can say that much.

..Al

That is tops on my list, but not in a hurry so long as it happens one day :) Can't even get at my 5200 in storage. Right now I only have access to a H6er, Saturn, Neo Geo, Genesis 1, Turbo Grafx, and N64 at my mothers house.... (ONLY) yes... for me that's roughing it.

AX