IGNORED

Latest Pepsi Promo can be used to score Wii Points.

Gamera809

Pepsi's RockBand promo let's users get codes to download songs for RockBand but on the Wii version it can't do that. So what do they do? They give you the code to add the Wii points and they trust you to spend it on RockBand. I just bought 4 bottles of Pepsi (which I hate btw) and got 600 points. I would have gotten 800 but I accidentally hit Xbox instead of Wii on the select screen so I have one unusable code unless someone wants to trade for a Wii one. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up.

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/rockband/

BTW, the codes are found on yellow capped Pepsi bottles.

Awesome promo. I'll pick up some Pepsi tomorrow. (like later tonight like around 3am eastern) I'll be wanting the 360 points though so I will trade with you for sure. I'll shoot you a PM when I get them.

Edited by moycon

Works like a charm. I entered the code, redeemed it for a song and had my choice of what looks like 100's! This really should go in the Modern Gaming section, or we should have another thread about it there since you can snag songs for Wii, 360 and PS3.

Awesome deal. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not a huge soda drinker, but we do keep them around the house. Later I'm gonna snag a 12 pack.

Ok I entered the code, won a song, selected Wii, and got a token. What do I do with it?

Tempest

If you have a Wii code then you enter it on the Wii's shop channel. If it's a token on the site then you select the "Download Track" option.

Ahh ok. I'll do that when I get home then. Nifty!

How many points do they give you anyway?

Tempest

Tempest

It's 200 points a code. it's not much but it adds up fast. Plus most places a bottle of soda is what $1.50? So it's a bit cheaper too. I bought 4 bottles yesterday at a convenience store for $5.18 so that's 800 points in total for 5 bucks, not a bad deal.

Tempest

It's 200 points a code. it's not much but it adds up fast. Plus most places a bottle of soda is what $1.50? So it's a bit cheaper too. I bought 4 bottles yesterday at a convenience store for $5.18 so that's 800 points in total for 5 bucks, not a bad deal.

Yeah that's not bad considering I drink soda anyway. Maybe now I can check out some of those WiiWare titles that only looked 'so-so'

Tempest

Tempest

Yeah that's not bad considering I drink soda anyway. Maybe now I can check out some of those WiiWare titles that only looked 'so-so'

Tempest

Funny I was thinking the same thing. I was looking through the shop channel but nothing really stuck out at me.

I must be doing somethign wrong then, cause I entered in my codes 2 at the same time and then clicked on the Wii Rockband contest, and it just came up saying.." sorry you didn't win" and that was it.

So step by step how does this work exactly.?

I must be doing somethign wrong then, cause I entered in my codes 2 at the same time and then clicked on the Wii Rockband contest, and it just came up saying.." sorry you didn't win" and that was it.

So step by step how does this work exactly.?

You have to click on Play for prizes at the top, then choose the one in the lower left that says Rock Band Downloadable Track.

Play 1 point for a chance to win a FREE downloadable track for Rock Band. For the list of available tracks click here.

Click on "Play One Point Now."

Edited by moycon

Supposedly Pepsi ran out of Wii points since so many people caught on. I tried to do it today and it wouldn't let me and other people I've talked too have had the same problem.

That happened to me last night. Hopefully they get more tokens soon.

Looks like they're working again. I suggest you get them now before they run out.

Tempest

Thanks for the heads up. Took them about 2 days, not bad.

I must have entered 25 codes today. I'm friends with the people who run our company store and they let me dig through the bottle return for caps. 4000+ free Wii points for me. :)

Tempest