IGNORED

Latest Pepsi Promo can be used to score Wii Points.

Gamera809

Looks like they're working again. I suggest you get them now before they run out.

Tempest

Thanks for the heads up. Took them about 2 days, not bad.

I must have entered 25 codes today. I'm friends with the people who run our company store and they let me dig through the bottle return for caps. 4000+ free Wii points for me. :)

Tempest

Makes me wish I had a job, lucky bastard ^^

Looks like they're working again. I suggest you get them now before they run out.

Tempest

Thanks for the heads up. Took them about 2 days, not bad.

I must have entered 25 codes today. I'm friends with the people who run our company store and they let me dig through the bottle return for caps. 4000+ free Wii points for me. :)

Tempest

Makes me wish I had a job, lucky bastard ^^

Makes me wish these were Xbox Live points. I can get all the free Wii titles I want with the Homebrew Channel and other hacks, but i can't do that on the 360. Not to mention there's almost nothing I want on the Wii at the moment. Maybe I should start selling them for $1 a piece (50% off!). :)

Tempest

I read over on GameFAQS that some people have been getting losing codes. Basically only some of the download track codes will show up as winners. I'm not sure what the percentage is.

I've done over 45 of them and they've all been winners. I spent 11200 Wii points on just about everything I was even remotely interested in. :)

Tempest

I read over on GameFAQS that some people have been getting losing codes. Basically only some of the download track codes will show up as winners. I'm not sure what the percentage is.

Is that only for the Wii codes?

I've submitted 20 codes to the Xbox 360 single song contest and have won every time.

Is that only for the Wii codes?

I've submitted 20 codes to the Xbox 360 single song contest and have won every time.

Since I'm assuming they're talking about when you actually spend the point to win the dl track that it's before you redeem the song itself.

Since I'm assuming they're talking about when you actually spend the point to win the dl track that it's before you redeem the song itself.

Oh that's right, you don't choose til after you win. Du!! LOL

Yeah I've never lost yet after 20 tries. I have 2 more I'm going to try tonight.

Jeeze Tempest 45!!? Did you actually buy the Pepsi and drink on them or are you finding discards?

I keep looking for discards (I walk every day in a local park and was sure I'd find some) but after a week, still haven't found even one.

Needless to say, I burp a lot these days!! Pepsi OVERLOAD!

Looks like I spoke too soon. I entered 7 codes today and they all said I won, but when I went to redeem them two said Try Again. What a rip! That and they're out of Wii points again...

Tempest

*whew* Well at least I got my 2 entered in yesterday and cashed in. To be honest tho I already had 2400 points on my account that's been sitting there for at least 6 month because I don't know what to spend them on.

I must be doing something wrong, because I've been to four stores and have yet to see any Pepsi products with RB caps. Dunno why OKC is so weird like that...

You probably walked right past them. It's just a yellow cap with a microphone or a guitar or something musical on it. It actually looks like a normal Pepsi bottle except it has a yellow cap. (Way to advertise Pepsi)

There's definetly something amiss going on. I entered 7 codes this morning and 4 said they won, but when I went to go remdeem them only two said they won. How annoying is that? I wonder if I could complain...

I'm glad I abused the system when I could. These asses deserve it.

Tempest

I entered 3 codes yesterday, and only 1 came up with the "You Lost" jingle on me. Then I went to redeem them, and one went through, but the other one came up telling me they were out of codes.

I wouldn't be surprised if PepsiCo just drops the Wii area off completely in the near future on this promotion.

I "won" and when i went to redeem it for the token i got the following message:

We are in the process of getting more Wii tokens. Please check back later this week to get your token for this song.

So it sounds like when they do get more I will receive the code. I wonder if they are trying to figure out a way to ensure you only use it on RockBand songs, if so that'll suck for me. I don't even have Rock Band for the Wii.

I "won" and when i went to redeem it for the token i got the following message:

We are in the process of getting more Wii tokens. Please check back later this week to get your token for this song.

So it sounds like when they do get more I will receive the code. I wonder if they are trying to figure out a way to ensure you only use it on RockBand songs, if so that'll suck for me. I don't even have Rock Band for the Wii.

Yeah they're out of codes. I'd check back this weekend or on Monday and they should have more. I don't think they can ensure you only use it for Rockband, the Wii isn't set up that way.

Tempest

I must be doing something wrong, because I've been to four stores and have yet to see any Pepsi products with RB caps. Dunno why OKC is so weird like that...

I haven't seen any RockBand Pepsi in Omaha either, although I haven't been looking that hard (I'm more of a Dr. Pepper and Coke Zero man).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just won eight out of nine times and get this message when I click on the wii and try to select a song...any song! Now, I of course do not have Rock Band for the Wii but I have been doing this for a while now and it has always worked before. It does save my "win" in my account but I have tried for three days now and still get the same message:

Unable to redeem points for that song token. Please try again later or contact support.

Anyone else? Did they finally catch on? I sure hope not because I have eight winners ready to claim, that's 1,600 Wii Points!

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Anyone else?

Yes

Just keep trying (every day or every couple days). When you succeed once, keep redeeming them, they'll all go through.

Cool, thanks for giving me hope! I am still trying and get the same message, I'm not even sure what I want to buy but my OCD does not like the points in "limbo".

:dunce:

Won 1 out of the 2 codes entered. Every time I try to redeem for a Wii song token it says,

"Unable to redeem points for that song token. Please try again later or contact support."

Edit: Looks like the contest is over...

"Starts 12:00:01 am ET June 2, 2009 & ends 11:59:59 PM ET July 28, 2009."

EDIT EDIT:

"Thanks

You've redeemed one DLC instant winner for a Rock Band song."

Triple Edit (LOL)

The pepsi song menu defaulted to Xbox instead of Wii, looks like I have DLC for a game I don't even own!

Edited by davepesc