IGNORED

Latest Pepsi Promo can be used to score Wii Points.

Gamera809

Won 1 out of the 2 codes entered. Every time I try to redeem for a Wii song token it says,

"Unable to redeem points for that song token. Please try again later or contact support."

Edit: Looks like the contest is over...

"Starts 12:00:01 am ET June 2, 2009 & ends 11:59:59 PM ET July 28, 2009."

We should have over a week yet! The same error message happens for me, however, I did look at the official rules and it states the following about the time period of the contest, I will quote:

7. SWEEPSTAKES/INSTANT WIN GAME:

The Sweepstakes and Instant Win Game period begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on June 2, 2009 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 13, 2009 (the "Game Period").

To see all rules or to see the above number "7" rule, here is a link:

Pepsi Rock Band Contest LINK

looks like another contest where the people outsmarted the contest organizers. oh well, it was nice while it lasted

Yep, but now left with eight or nine winners to claim without a Rock Band game for any of the systems. Can Nintendo some how have caught on to who actually had the game in their system and who did not? I don't know, I agree chrisbid, it was certainly nice while it lasted. Just wish I was a bit quicker on the draw before they stopped (I assume)....I will persist and might call them as they suggested I believe. I will try to type what they say as they say it, LOL!

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

looks like another contest where the people outsmarted the contest organizers. oh well, it was nice while it lasted

Yep, but now left with eight or nine winners to claim without a Rock Band game for any of the systems. Can Nintendo some how have caught on to who actually had the game in their system and who did not? I don't know, I agree chrisbid, it was certainly nice while it lasted. Just wish I was a bit quicker on the draw before they stopped (I assume)....I will persist and might call them as they suggested I believe. I will try to type what they say as they say it, LOL!

the good thing is that if there are still no points on the last day of the contest, you can use them to enter other contests and what not... so not a complete loss

for what its worth, i wrote their customer service and got a reply a couple of hours later

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Pepsi.

I understand you have been unable to redeem your points for song tokens

for the Wii.

We are currently getting more tokens for the Wii. Please check back on

or after Wednesday, September 9 to get your songs. Winners will have

until September 30, 2009 to select their game console/system and track,

and track must be redeemed in winner's game console/system by December

31, 2009.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Pepsi.

Regards,

Mike

so i will keep checking daily, but am hopeful there will be more points available wednesday. i am also guessing they will be gone pretty quickly

I already downloaded it, don't think I can trade it now.

They should give you a code to enter into whatever system you got it for.

Like for instance the 360 codes are letters and numbers 5 groups of 5.

T3FDS 35FHG GHD78 JS76G JHS71

The Wii codes are all numbers.

The codes will show up under the "Your Account" tab.

I didn't think you could download the DLC without entering the code in the system you got the code for???

Edited by moycon

Moycon you don't.

You select to put a point on a downloadable track. If you win, then you can select a song available for your particular system. When you press Submit, then you are given the redeem code. You put this code in the Wii shop under add points using a points card and put the code in. It then adds 200 points per code to your Wii account.

My girlfriend created an account for this sometime ago. She has like 16 of these waiting to be submitted, but the latest error keeps that from happening...

If they were really out of wii points, then why not just put that old message up there instead of this new one? Almost seems like they are creating a problem so that no more can be redeemed. Once Sep. 13th gets here... "Opps.. sorry we didn't get it fixed in time. Better luck next year..."

I never even found the special bottles in my area. This contest really seems half-assed.

That's odd, because I live in Tulsa, and my girlfriend bought at least one if not two of them daily here. They were in the 20oz bottles of Pepsi and I assume Pepsi products. They had yellow caps on them and had a pictures of either a guitar or mic on them.

I never even found the special bottles in my area. This contest really seems half-assed.

That's odd, because I live in Tulsa, and my girlfriend bought at least one if not two of them daily here. They were in the 20oz bottles of Pepsi and I assume Pepsi products. They had yellow caps on them and had a pictures of either a guitar or mic on them.

And, I believe some have drums on them in addition to the guitar and mic. Still trying for Wii Points, nothing yet. I just found a bottle of Pepsi in a parking lot of a music store I went to this morning, brought it home, entered it and LOSER! Oh well, most of the caps I find "in the wild" work, I look everywhere like a nut. My kids run away from me if I peek in a trash can by a circle K or something.

What can I say, I've been "dumpster" diving for over 15 years now, don't think that will change. Other people's trash is my treasure....or the person or store I flip it on. I've found everything from unopened electronics from Fry's Electronics that I took back for credit to video games to over $100 in jewelry which was the melt value. This was all recent, I have done well over the years. I recently saw a video game looking cord hanging out of a trash can near a pawn shop so I dug in. N64 system complete, two controllers, memory paks, rumble and about 6 carts. Nothing special on with the carts but not all sports either so nice free score.

I'm way off topic now, very sorry, I am rambling today for some reason, my wife already told me to shut the hell up before she went to work. LOL!

;)

Have you tried convenience / gas stores? I have had my best luck at those, I know they don't have Circle K out there but maybe a 7-11 or something. The best deal I found was at an Arco gas station which was running a sale where you had to buy two or more but they were then only a buck each so I bought 10! Almost all winners but now no Wii points to give....Pepsi has been tasting good so not a complete waste I suppose.

Yeah,

I know the contest is over, but what I noticed this past week before it ended and the week before that, is when they didn't have any points available, you pretty much won a downloadable song each time you entered a code. However, once the points were actually available again, then none of the caps seem to win downloadable songs anymore.

It is almost as it the promoters turned on a switch that suddenly made it so that all the caps were losers now. In all likely hood, they only bought wii points for those of us who had some winners needed to be submitted for codes. I had about 12 or so waiting this last time.

Either way, it seems pretty obvious that the contest was rigged. And it was rigged for everyone, since trying to win a downloadable song wasn't system dependent at all.

Yeah,

I know the contest is over, but what I noticed this past week before it ended and the week before that, is when they didn't have any points available, you pretty much won a downloadable song each time you entered a code. However, once the points were actually available again, then none of the caps seem to win downloadable songs anymore.

It is almost as it the promoters turned on a switch that suddenly made it so that all the caps were losers now. In all likely hood, they only bought wii points for those of us who had some winners needed to be submitted for codes. I had about 12 or so waiting this last time.

Either way, it seems pretty obvious that the contest was rigged. And it was rigged for everyone, since trying to win a downloadable song wasn't system dependent at all.

i dont think it was rigged in a malicious manor, the organizers probably didnt count on the internet figuring out this was a source of free wii points. not that the numbers will ever be public, but im guessing the number of wii trakcs given away greatly outnumbered the 360 and PS3 tracks, even with install bases figured into the equation

Is the contest totally over, meaning that you can't enter in codes even if you have them? Or, is it just difficult to find the codes at the store now? I still see them every once in a while with the rock band lids but thought it would be a lost cause to be looking now. I found most of mine in trash cans at convenience stores and the recycle containers in front of my Walmart. Although, I did stock up when I found the pepsi's for a buck each a while ago....think I bought 10. Funny thing is, I believe they asked if I wanted a bag. No, I'm going to perform a trick for you and try to balance these on my head, limbs and perhaps you could throw a few on my back if I hunch over a bit. People are funny.