IGNORED

Mario Bros (ColecoVision) READY TO SHIP! ***

retroillucid

Got mine today, yay!

Very nice, professionally done, great manual.

FYI, found something interesting about this game. I play 99% of my games on a standalone ADAM. I re-read this thread again and there's no mention in messages or on the box or instructions about the ADAM.

Turns out player 1 is on controller 2 and you play Luigi. Player 2 is Mario on controller #1. El-reverso of standard CV play.

That's extremely odd... I've never heard of or seen a game that plays different on the Adam than the CV. Did you try it on an actually CV to make sure it's not that way there too? Just curious as this is kinda baffling me. :)

Ok I musta been smokin something bad that day because today it works fine on the ADAM. More to the point, if you just use controller 2 to start a one player game you play Luigi. Why I experienced what I did the other day I dont know. I could say controller #1 wasnt working but heck, I played a 2-player game, I just had to initiate it using controller 2. But today....normal. Sorry for the misinfo didnt mean to mislead anyone. I even tried removing and re-adding my 128K memory board from the ADAM to see if that was making the difference but no...

Thank God, D! You know how long it's been since I had a good night's sleep because of this! :) lol

Thanks for the follow-up. :)

Got mine about a week and a half ago and it looks and plays great. As a few of you have mentioned, nice smoke smell for added value! :)

Waiting for my custom controllers from Yurkie for the full Mario experience, after 3 or 4 years of lurking thought I better register so I didn't miss out on the controller deadline.

I know it's been said before but as a new poster I just want to thank Retro, Yurkie, Opcode, Pixelboy and the rest of you who keep the CV alive through a vibrant homebrew scene.

Much appreciated!

Got mine about a week and a half ago and it looks and plays great. As a few of you have mentioned, nice smoke smell for added value! :)

I'm going to try to put this as eloquently as I possibly can...

I was disappointed that a home brewer would create and distribute a product reeking of cigarettes. It actually devalues the cart. What if I want to auction it off in the future? I would have to put in a disclaimer that the product was manufactured in a smoking environment which may turn people away.

I forget how much I paid. Was it like $60? In my mind it's worth a lot less than that because of this. Would it be asking a lot for a replacement package for what I got? Should we all have been informed that the product would smell like cigarette smoke prior to purchasing this product?

Additionally, it makes me reluctant to by future titles like Pooyan. It's too bad because the games are really good but the presentation needs improvement.

Lastly, I would appreciate shipping the product within a week of having paid for it. If you're not ready/prepared to ship, then don't accept my money.

Flame me if you will, but I'm entitled to my opinion - I paid for it. Consider it as a friend telling you something you may not like to hear. Perhaps consider it as feedback to make it a better CollectorVision.

Waiting for my custom controllers from Yurkie for the full Mario experience, after 3 or 4 years of lurking thought I better register so I didn't miss out on the controller deadline.

I know it's been said before but as a new poster I just want to thank Retro, Yurkie, Opcode, Pixelboy and the rest of you who keep the CV alive through a vibrant homebrew scene.

Much appreciated!

I echo that. :)

• Like 3

I'm going to try to put this as eloquently as I possibly can...

I was disappointed that a home brewer would create and distribute a product reeking of cigarettes. It actually devalues the cart. What if I want to auction it off in the future? I would have to put in a disclaimer that the product was manufactured in a smoking environment which may turn people away.

I forget how much I paid. Was it like $60? In my mind it's worth a lot less than that because of this. Would it be asking a lot for a replacement package for what I got? Should we all have been informed that the product would smell like cigarette smoke prior to purchasing this product?

Additionally, it makes me reluctant to by future titles like Pooyan. It's too bad because the games are really good but the presentation needs improvement.

Lastly, I would appreciate shipping the product within a week of having paid for it. If you're not ready/prepared to ship, then don't accept my money.

Flame me if you will, but I'm entitled to my opinion - I paid for it. Consider it as a friend telling you something you may not like to hear. Perhaps consider it as feedback to make it a better CollectorVision.

Much appreciated!

I echo that. :)

I agree with everything that was said about the smoke but did not wish to rock the boat. You have a 1+ for that. If a homebrewer needs to finance a project fine, but as customer you should have the ability to choose if you participate or wait for the final project. If the terms are prepay and wait, find say so. There should be some communication on it to make it clear what the terms are. I will continue to support the effort for CV homebrews and buy every release. Even if they smell bad or take a long time. Personally, don't mind the wait because it is a thankless task that I've personally be through, this passion of ours... making things... but to the smoke:

It is a dirty habit, that you have a right to participate in as an adult.

BUT

So here I go rocking the boat... maybe because I'm grumpy ATM. This is a great game...

however just like any other habit, drinking, masturbation, doing lines... if you were to spill beer, semen, or cocaine in my package would that be okay? I think not. It is the same thing. You are inflicting and making me participate your habit by force. Have enough self control to keep your projects clean for your customers... even if it takes longer (in my case I'd wait longer to have it smelling fresh..) we all have our quirky habits that are personal... but let's keep them PERSONAL. Sorry if it hurts, but it is the truth as I see it.

AX

• Like 3

I've yet to receive mine so I don't know know how bad the smell will be, but I do partially agree rmaerz. There have been occasions where I have purchased a game only to end up reselling it because the seller didn't notify me of things such as damage, smoke smell, etc. I know I won't be reselling this anytime soon considering how much I've invested money wise with buying the controller set, but echoing what ax said keep your personal habbits seperate from the work you're doing.

• Like 2

Hi guys

Thanks for all your comments, I appreciated! really :)

You're all right, Games smeling shit is not great

Since my GF is pregnant since a month now, I'll quit smoking for the love of family

Time to get some patches now ;)

Yep, I'll be a happy father now! :D

So, expect to not smell this kind of shit anymore

I appologize to all of you, sincerly

J-F

BTW: EVERY MISSING ORDERS WILL BE SHIP THIS WEEK! NO MORE!

Hi guys

Since my GF is pregnant since a month now, I'll quit smoking for the love of family

J-F

BTW: EVERY MISSING ORDERS WILL BE SHIP THIS WEEK! NO MORE!

Apology accepted.

Congrats on the pregnancy and keep the smoke away from her!

I usually leave carts purchased from J-F out in the open for a few weeks after receiving them and the general circulation of air in the house 'washes' out most (if not all) of the smokey smell.

Glad I won't have to do that in the future. :)

Congrats on becoming a dad.

"Yep, I'll be a happy father now! :D" - wait until the 2:00 AM feeding of the baby starts - glad those days are long behind me :)

Hi guys

J-F

J-F, I can't believe you just made that promise! Need I remind you that those Penguin Land boxes and manuals have been ready for over a month? Do you really expect anyone here to believe they won't smell like Mario Bros?

Congrats on becoming a father, by the way. :)

Do you really expect anyone here to believe they won't smell like Mario Bros?

Yep ;)

I think have a solution to this

Don't tell me: You're going to put little wires on them and hang them out in the wind, on the branches of the tree in your backyard! It'll look like a Christmas tree! It better not snow though... :D

BUT

So here I go rocking the boat... maybe because I'm grumpy ATM. This is a great game...

however just like any other habit, drinking, masturbation, doing lines... if you were to spill beer, semen, or cocaine in my package would that be okay? I think not. It is the same thing. You are inflicting and making me participate your habit by force. Have enough self control to keep your projects clean for your customers... even if it takes longer (in my case I'd wait longer to have it smelling fresh..) we all have our quirky habits that are personal... but let's keep them PERSONAL. Sorry if it hurts, but it is the truth as I see it.

AX

icon_rolling.gif from now on I will no longer refer to a package that smells of smoke as cigarette smell, but instead from this day forth... I shall use the phrase... "smells like mario!"

AX

You know, I love when I'm reading a thread and I just find myself laughing out loud...icon_mrgreen.gif Thanks AX

..I'm do not smoke near her anymore

I'll buy "patches" (I don't know the English name) for stop smoking

So, i hope now you store your cartridges near her! :D

However, being very late already on your delivery promesses without having a baby , i can not imagine how late you will be when the baby will be here...

Contragulation to you and your G.F for the Baby. :)

So, i hope now you store your cartridges near her! :D

I now store them away from smoke ;)

I was a huge smoke, 35 cigarettes per day, now I'm at 15 per day

I'll quit smoking anyway... ;)

However, being very late already on your delivery promesses without having a baby , i can not imagine how late you will be when the baby will be here...

That's why 2 store will sell our games, no more waiting! :)

I just wanted to ask has every set been shipped now? I'm just curious since it's been a month now since you requested my address for shipping and 19 days since you said 95% of them had been shipped. I figured if mine had been shipped at that point (Jan. 19th) mine would be here by now. Sorry for pestering a lot, I just would hate to find out mine shipped ages ago and got lost in the mail or something.