IGNORED

Mario Bros (ColecoVision) READY TO SHIP! ***

retroillucid

My Mario Bros. cart died tonight. It sits there on the "Collector Vision presents" and never advances to the next screen. It's not my CV since every other cart works.

JF send me a PM regarding getting a replacement, please.

Sounds like dirty contacts or a solder point.

AX

I cleaned it - she's dead for sure

My Mario Bros. cart died tonight. It sits there on the "Collector Vision presents" and never advances to the next screen. It's not my CV since every other cart works.

JF send me a PM regarding getting a replacement, please.

Sounds like dirty contacts or a solder point.

AX

I cleaned it - she's dead for sure

Every copy has been tested and all were really working fine

The cartridge were assembled by the megacart creator itself

I have'nt experience any problem with any Mario Bros carts as well as our previous games

Maybe you should check your CV system?

EDIT: I sent you a PM ;)

Edited by retroillucid

I have'nt experience any problem with any Mario Bros carts as well as our previous games

I remember one customer who had a defective Pac-Man Collection cartridge, which I had to replace. There's always that 1% of carts that fail less than 30 days after purchase. ;)

I remember one customer who had a defective Pac-Man Collection cartridge, which I had to replace. There's always that 1% of carts that fail less than 30 days after purchase. ;)

It's likely that if something fails it is going to happen within the first 90 days. As I said, all my other carts work but this one doesn't get past the CollectorVision screen. It did work, but now it doesn't. I can't explain why but we have to assume it is a defective cart.

I just wanted to ask has every set been shipped now? I'm just curious since it's been a month now since you requested my address for shipping and 19 days since you said 95% of them had been shipped. I figured if mine had been shipped at that point (Jan. 19th) mine would be here by now. Sorry for pestering a lot, I just would hate to find out mine shipped ages ago and got lost in the mail or something.

I have not received mine yet, either. I assume any day now.

Let me ask the audience here:

I paid shipping for the original purchase of this product. Who should pay for shipping to ship back my defective cart? Is it me or the folks at CollectorVision?

That's a tough call. It's not like it's a professional entity you're dealing with that can absorb costs for defects, but at the same time, it is a business transaction, so I would say CollectorVision is responsible. The good thing is is that if you just have to send the cartridge back, it should be very cheap for them.

I just wanted to ask has every set been shipped now? I'm just curious since it's been a month now since you requested my address for shipping and 19 days since you said 95% of them had been shipped. I figured if mine had been shipped at that point (Jan. 19th) mine would be here by now. Sorry for pestering a lot, I just would hate to find out mine shipped ages ago and got lost in the mail or something.

Bill, you're on the list for Penguin Land too, So that's why you don't have received it yet

You'll received both games at the same time ;)

So, those who have ordered Penguin Land will received it with their Mario Bros copy :)

EDIT: I received Penguin Land PCBs and will begin to ship them this week (For those who ordered Mario Bros)

Edited by retroillucid

PROBLEM SOLVED. The cart is not defective.

So, as a heads up to add to the knowledge base, the problem was the DB9 cable extender plugged into player 2's controller port. Disconnecting the cable allowed the game to work normally.

I have seen the cable extender cause problems with Atari games (only) written for the ColecoVision. Playing games like Jungle Hunt and Defender using the cable extender doesn't now allow up/down movement for your guy/ship.

So, when JF PM'd me about disconnecting this and that, I remembered that we plugged in the cable extender last night which was the first time Mario Bros didn't work. And given the previous issues I had with those two Atari games I fired it up once more sans cable extender.

Now, the reason I use the extender is because of the video problems with the CV. If you tug just enough on the controller cable it screws up the video. My kid always has his controller cable taut and then he'll jerk the controller and next thing you know we have sprites everywhere.

Of course, CV could have just manufactured controllers with long enough cables in the first place. But, I digress...

So, question is, why is that cable extender causing these problems? I'm guessing that it is not pinned out properly. I'm curious if others have had issues using cable extenders.

This is a relief for me cuz I absolutely abhor the return process.

So, question is, why is that cable extender causing these problems? I'm guessing that it is not pinned out properly. I'm curious if others have had issues using cable extenders.

That is strange that the extension does not work for certain games. I am not saying your wrong, just doesn't seem logical. If the pin out where wrong, it wouldn't work for any game. I am thinking that perhaps there is a short inside the cable. The other problem that comes to mind is perhaps the plug contacts on one or both ends of the extension cable are corroded. And this is causing intermittent contact.

I used a really nice quality extension cable for my straight cords on the Mario Bros. Controller set. I am now using them for refurbishing controllers and doing the ball knob mod.

Glad you found a solution.

What do you think of the game?

Bill, you're on the list for Penguin Land too, So that's why you don't have received it yet

You'll received both games at the same time ;)

So, those who have ordered Penguin Land will received it with their Mario Bros copy :)

EDIT: I received Penguin Land PCBs and will begin to ship them this week (For those who ordered Mario Bros)

Am i also receiving both games at the same time?

PROBLEM SOLVED. The cart is not defective.

So, as a heads up to add to the knowledge base, the problem was the DB9 cable extender plugged into player 2's controller port. Disconnecting the cable allowed the game to work normally.

I have seen the cable extender cause problems with Atari games (only) written for the ColecoVision. Playing games like Jungle Hunt and Defender using the cable extender doesn't now allow up/down movement for your guy/ship.

So, when JF PM'd me about disconnecting this and that, I remembered that we plugged in the cable extender last night which was the first time Mario Bros didn't work. And given the previous issues I had with those two Atari games I fired it up once more sans cable extender.

Now, the reason I use the extender is because of the video problems with the CV. If you tug just enough on the controller cable it screws up the video. My kid always has his controller cable taut and then he'll jerk the controller and next thing you know we have sprites everywhere.

Of course, CV could have just manufactured controllers with long enough cables in the first place. But, I digress...

This is a relief for me cuz I absolutely abhor the return process.

I had the exact same issues with Montezuma's Revenge on the CV. I was playing it fine and then I played some other games and went back to Montezuma after adding some extension cables to the controllers and was wondering what was wrong. All my other games were working perfectly fine but not Montezuma. After removing the extension cable everything was A-OK... go figure. Seems I wasn't the only one.

Any copies of this left? Can I still get one?

No, sorry

But you'll soon be able to buy one! ;)

----

Also, Those who paid their Mario Bros will received it soon, IT HAS BEEN SHIP!

EXCEPT for those who also paid for Penguin Land, I'll ship your Mario Bros & Penguin Land at the same time, wich will be next week :)

Glad to know I my Mario Bros. controller set is starting to get some dust waiting to be used. I only tried them out real quick to make sure they worked, but want to do some serious playing once I receive the game.

I paypalled you the funds to your retroillucid@excite.com account on Jan 11 2010 and still have not received the Mario Bros game for Coleco Vision let me know what is happening ? Hope you did not forget about my order. So let me know asap I also e-mailed you on Jan 11 or 12 2010 telling you that I sent you the paypal. I understand your a very busy guy ! am still interested in other games that you are making too.