ApolloBoy

When are you going to do 7800 composite/av mods?

I can't seem to find a good mod for the 7800 that offers good results. I have the Longhorn board in my 7800, but I had to a few extra mods to keep interference out of the 7800's chroma signal and boost the external audio volume so it wasn't so quiet. I also tried the simple composite mod but for some reason it caused Ballblazer to crash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you still do the Odyssey 2 AV mod? When I googled around to see what others have done in modding the AV of their O2, many mention that the picture ended up being darker than they liked, especially on newer TVs. Have you encountered this? Just wondering if you have had success and if you are still doing the mod for people. Thanks.

Do you still do the Odyssey 2 AV mod? When I googled around to see what others have done in modding the AV of their O2, many mention that the picture ended up being darker than they liked, especially on newer TVs. Have you encountered this? Just wondering if you have had success and if you are still doing the mod for people. Thanks.

I haven't actually performed the mod myself, but I still offer it regardless as it's a very simple mod. The method I use is supposed to work pretty well and is a little different than most of the mods I've seen.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if you are still around and doing these mods, but if so, I might need a full cap replacement on my Turbo DUO..

I certainly am! I can still do a recap on your Duo, although I'm thinking of discontinuing work on the Duos because I've had problems with the past couple I've worked on. PM me if you're interested.

I have JVC X'Eye that doesn't read discs, how much? :)

Does it attempt to read the disc at all or does it think that the disc door is open? If it's the latter, that's definitely something I can look at. Otherwise I'm not too good with adjusting disc drives and I don't have the proper equipment for it yet.

Edited by ApolloBoy

I certainly am! I can still do a recap on your Duo, although I'm thinking of discontinuing work on the Duos because I've had problems with the past couple I've worked on. PM me if you're interested.

Nice, I will keep you posted if I need it. I contacted the owner of the shop I bought it from and he let me drop it off today for repair (hopefully free of charge since I shelled out some good money for it already). I'll let you know what happens. :)

Just out of curiosity, what went wrong with the last few DUOs you attempted to repair?

Well, I've got one with a disc drive that needs a calibration in the worst way and had the PCM chip replaced as the PCM sound didn't work at all. The other one I have still has major problems with the CD audio even though it's been totally recapped.

Oh man, that sucks.. I thought a total recap was supposed to fix it? Any other issue that could be causing the problem?

Well, I've got one with a disc drive that needs a calibration in the worst way and had the PCM chip replaced as the PCM sound didn't work at all. The other one I have still has major problems with the CD audio even though it's been totally recapped.

Oh man, that sucks.. I thought a total recap was supposed to fix it? Any other issue that could be causing the problem?

My guess is that there's a bad trace or two somewhere. Sometimes when the caps leak they can cause damage to the motherboard that's difficult to detect.

• 3 months later...

Apolloboy, was wondering if you could do a possible nes audio fix on a Retro Duo 3.0 Mascot Edition sometime, $5 is great, just need to know more information, just PM me or reply to a message I sent to you through you ebay account, also installed AIM hoping you'd be on but I never see you there....

• 3 weeks later...

Apolloboy, was wondering if you could do a possible nes audio fix on a Retro Duo 3.0 Mascot Edition sometime, $5 is great, just need to know more information, just PM me or reply to a message I sent to you through you ebay account, also installed AIM hoping you'd be on but I never see you there....

Oh, sorry I didn't catch your eBay message, I can totally do that audio fix for you and I'll send you a PM in just a second.

• 4 months later...