IGNORED

FS: Fairchild System (Channel F) Multi-Cart, pre-order now.

e5frog

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a house fire and almost everything of mine was destroyed, the multicart melted into the Channel F... The signed box survived in display but the signature and the top of the box are completely covered in blackened soot... 

The box survived in the display in my room, my kitchen mostly melted and the multicart was in the Channel F in the china display in my kitchen.. 

I'd look at that fine china video game display everyday, it was a great addition to my video game development collection, I might have had the shortest lived multicart you made, but I am certain that it was the most loved and seen. It sat next to 2 prototypes consoles, 7 dev kits, and a autographed piece of sourcecode from Halo; when not played.

The 2 prototypes have major heat damage now sadly, as did the source code, they were at the top of the display and the heat caused them to change colour and texture.. I didn't have insurance so I have to sell everything to rebuild myself, most of my belongings that survived are covered in black soot that I can't remove from most items, the dev kits had boxes that now are brittle and fire browned, the Halo sourcecode has the same look. 

Out of thousands of pieces that burned and as sadly, of those that survived most will be sold to fix my house, it won't be what was; but after I rebuild I assure you that the remains of the multicart will sit again next to other likewise legendary pieces of gaming history. 

• Sad 5

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, it took me a while to get power, half of my solar panel setup is here so I can at least play a few games. Good news, the channel F might have melted a bit, and p2 is pretty unresponsive, but after a bit of playing p1 works great and so does the multicart still! I can't take the cart out of the system anymore but I'll try to restore them both someday. Do you have any extra sticker labels? Mine needs a new one..

Spoiler

IMG_20230219_221823.jpg

IMG_20230219_222726.jpg

IMG_20230219_221812.jpg

IMG_20230219_221843.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...