IGNORED

Penguin Land (ColecoVision) PRE-ORDER

retroillucid

For those wondering what will be the next release, then it'll be Pooyan and it'll be in July

Translation: It'll be released in early September.

Just kidding, J-F. :P

(At least I hope so...) ;)

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

For those wondering what will be the next release, then it'll be Pooyan and it'll be in July

Translation: It'll be released in early September.

Just kidding, J-F. :P

(At least I hope so...) ;)

Ha ha :twisted:

In theory, you should be right, but the fact is everything is set now, lessons learned ;)

Taking pre-orders is pain in the ... I'll not take pre-orders anymore as well as reservations... that's involving too much time when you consider that I've to prepare all, that mean, assembled cart, put a label on it, crease the boxes, glued them, and packaging it to be ready to ship

For upcomming games, I'll only take 10-20 payments/orders at time, ship them in the same week. It'll be alot more easier for me like that

Cheers

In theory, you should be right, but the fact is everything is set now, lessons learned ;)

Taking pre-orders is pain in the ... I'll not take pre-orders anymore as well as reservations... that's involving too much time when you consider that I've to prepare all, that mean, assembled cart, put a label on it, crease the boxes, glued them, and packaging it to be ready to ship

All this is fine and well, but to release Pooyan in July, the manual and box templates need to be ready, like, you know, now. Same goes for the game PCBs and the cart labels. July 1st is only one week away... ;)

All this is fine and well, but to release Pooyan in July, the manual and box templates need to be ready, like, you know, now. Same goes for the game PCBs and the cart labels. July 1st is only one week away... ;)

I DO HAVE ALL THE POOYAN BOXES, MANUALS, LABELS & CARTRIDGE SHELLS IN HANDS!

Harvey is a neat guy, I'm sure it'll get shipped as soon as he finished all pcbs assembling (wich included the Kobashi game BTW)

I don't understand your point of posting that, :?

I mean... like I said everything is set for releasing Pooyan in July, I also mentioned that I'll only take 10-20 orders at time to make the process of shipping alot more easy (for me at least) so people will get their games in like 2 weeks

Anyway

I DO HAVE ALL THE POOYAN BOXES, MANUALS, LABELS & CARTRIDGE SHELLS IN HANDS!

OKAY! YOU DON'T HAVE TO SCREAM! I WASN'T AWARE THAT EVERYTHING HAD ALREADY BEEN PRINTED! :D

Seriously, you do have a way of presenting games long before they're actually released, J-F... ;)

But then again, so do I... :ponder:

Seriously, you do have a way of presenting games long before they're actually released, J-F... ;)

Yes, but I don't think it hurt the scene, it keeps hope for sure

For sure, I've even canceled games, and put new on the "upcomming list"

I'm even working on some that don't even are announced...

So, yes I'm guilty, but I'm also free to release whatever I want too ;)

But then again, so do I... :ponder:

Eh! ;)

Edited by retroillucid

The Pooyan PCBs are virtually done. They should be in the mail on Monday, and at J-F's approximately Wednesday, just before the start of July.

If you guys are nice, maybe he'll do some work on these on Canada Day. :)

5-11under

Like I said, Harvey is a neat guy! :)

Yes I'll do some works on Canada Day since I'm truly working that day

But the good new is I'll be off next, Friday, Saturday & Sunday

It'll give me plenty of time to package some games! :D

Yep!, this time everything is set right! ;)

Edited by retroillucid

Yay! looking forward to receiving my Penguin Land and my paypal account is ready to put me amongst the first group to receive Pooyan. icon_mrgreen.gif

J-F and Luc, between the 2 of you (if you can stop arguing icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif) 2010 is looking like a great year for CV fans. icon_thumbsup.gif

• 11 years later...
6 hours ago, Sonaru said:

Does Penguin Land require the Super Game Module add-on? If it doesn't require the add-on, I'm interested in buying this game. 

Well the SGM didn't exist 13 years ago when this thread was started soooo....

?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Well the SGM didn't exist 13 years ago when this thread was started soooo....

?

Oops didn't realize that! I would love to play this Penguin Land port but I can't find a cartridge or digital rom for sale anywhere so I thought I should ask on this forum. 

6 hours ago, Sonaru said:

Oops didn't realize that! I would love to play this Penguin Land port but I can't find a cartridge or digital rom for sale anywhere so I thought I should ask on this forum. 

Maybe check the Collectorvision website. Not sure if you can buy single ROMs or if this game was part of the Club offering that has tons of ROMs

9 hours ago, Sonaru said:

If you're willing to play it in an emulator (or if you have an EverDrive for Master System or Game Gear), the Sega SG-1000 version on which this ColecoVision port was based is essentially the same, isn't it? Did the CV version change much of anything?

13 hours ago, thegoldenband said:

If you're willing to play it in an emulator (or if you have an EverDrive for Master System or Game Gear), the Sega SG-1000 version on which this ColecoVision port was based is essentially the same, isn't it? Did the CV version change much of anything?

Did they adapt the Penguin Land Sg-1000 version or the SMS Penguin Land version?

Edited by Sonaru

1 hour ago, Sonaru said:

Did they adapt the Penguin Land Sg-1000 version or the SMS Penguin Land version?

Looks to be the SG-1000 version (based on YouTube videos of both), which makes sense since the SG-1000 and CV are near-identical hardware. Porting the SG-1000 version would have been far more straightforward than the massive graphical and other changes needed to port the SMS version.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 1:21 PM, thegoldenband said:

Looks to be the SG-1000 version (based on YouTube videos of both), which makes sense since the SG-1000 and CV are near-identical hardware. Porting the SG-1000 version would have been far more straightforward than the massive graphical and other changes needed to port the SMS version.

Not to mention that the SMS version is more a sequel than a straight up conversion. I actually have a few SG-1000 carts that came with the JP Master System, but Penguin Land isn't one of them. I do have the port of the SG-1000 based AC version in the Sega Ages Memorial Selection v. 2 for Saturn. I actually found the Mega SG to be better for SG-1000 games than the SMS since it has an option for the original colors. Most SG-1000 games are too dark on the SMS/Mark III. 

Edited by BrianC