IGNORED

Pre-Order New AtariAge Homebrews!

Albert

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up everyone--I returned from my trip this past weekend, and yesterday I started shipping out the pre-orders for these new homebrew games. I have some leftover games from the show, but I'm going to need to build some new games as well to fill all these orders. I hope to have everyone's games shipped to them this week. :)

..Al

• Like 2

These games are insanely fun!

I played Dungeon when I got home from the PRGE show and played it so much that I mapped out all the levels and beat it that evening. :D

Good replayability though if you like that type of game. (and I do!) It reminds me of Telengard.

Juno First is highly addictive too. Fast paced action and the use of the AtariVox is cool.

Great job guys!

These games are insanely fun!

I played Dungeon when I got home from the PRGE show and played it so much that I mapped out all the levels and beat it that evening. :D

Good replayability though if you like that type of game. (and I do!) It reminds me of Telengard.

Juno First is highly addictive too. Fast paced action and the use of the AtariVox is cool.

Great job guys!

I'm glad someone out there is using it with an AtariVox. I thought I was the only one. Now if I just get off my ass and start making more AtariVoxes...

I don't have an AtariVox, but I hope that it's included in the special anniversary 7800 I pre ordered.

Now if I just get off my ass and start making more AtariVoxes...

Yes, please, or I'd like to make another batch in time for the holidays. :)

..Al

As an AtariVox owner going on 4 years now, I gotta say it's just about the coolest piece of kit ever to come out for the 2600. AtariVox totally breathes new life into Stella and hope more and more games continue to take advantage of the little dongle. Which brings me to Juno First. The ability to save hi-scores is downright awesome and helps contribute to the arcade-like experience, but I just read that Juno First makes use of speech also? That game is included on these 48/60-in-1 Jamma arcade systems and I've got one in my collection. While I haven't spent too much time playing the game, I think I've played it enough to not remember there being any speech :-) Was the 2600 version enhanced over the arcade this time or do I need to get more acquainted with the arcade? lol

Sweet! Do the little guys call out for help or what other types of speech is going on? Wave designation maybe?

The obligatory stuff, but most importantly, it taunts you kind of like Sega Space Fury, but in a Family Guy pop-culture-reference style. I scripted (in some cases rescripted) the speech.

Edited by mos6507

• 4 weeks later...