IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

I for one will be placing my order happily.

I think everyone needs to decide for themselves whether they want the game and are willing to wait until 2018.

I have supported a number of kick starters so I appreciate that even this "pre-order" is a gamble and treat is as such.

Super Fighter Team have been around for a while so I'm happy to trust them with my pre order.

• Like 1

Everyone should do as they want. I'm merely venting my opinion :D

I'll be number 399 to order. And well, if it is really the last run, there is no hurt in getting the ROM file in 2019 :D

By the way....with all the hyped texts they send around.......is is really THAT good ?

Wasn't there a demo ROM file to download somewhere ? Anyone has a link ?

Edited by Level42

In the meantime I came accross the Zaku demo, theres no sound and I'm not sure if its just a one level game on offer. I've got this running on my 16 in 1 cart and its working fine.

I cannot upload it here but here's a link to it on my Google Drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Izm8L55uyRRmZfdVI0R2lsaWs/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

Rgds

BadPricey

Let me know if the link for the demo still works ?

Woah, been awhile since I've visited. Didn't expect all of this chatter for a title from nearly seven years ago.

I'm only the developer, so I cannot answer everything.

Again, it is usually best to email Super Fighter Team, you'll get a response faster that way rather than positing in this topic.

Let's face it. The development costs of Zaku have either already been covered by the previous runs, OR it may never be covered in full....no idea.

The cost of developing the game will never be covered by physical sales. It is a new product for a dead console with no other distribution platforms. Super Fighter Team may eventually break even with the publishing costs, but this is a question for them.

By the way....with all the hyped texts they send around.......is is really THAT good ?

Since this is not a new game, there are several reviews already available - many of which are in this topic. You may want to read some and then look at the available footage and trailer to decide whether this is for you.

I think I can do much better now and the Lynx deserves it, but I am satisfied with Zaku considering all the circumstances surrounding its development.

Wasn't there a demo ROM file to download somewhere ? Anyone has a link ?

If this is the demo from 2015 (Edit : 2005, yikes it's been long enough that I'm starting to forget), it has been removed from both the Super Fighter Team and PenguiNet websites as it is not representative of the final product. There is no sound and a large amount of the content was reworked prior to the final release four years later.

Edited by TailChao
  • Like 4

Yes. I've been working on another Lynx title since Zaku shipped, but I cannot say when it will be done. It's very much a leisure project.

However, next year I'm obliged to ship something for the 7800 and Windows PCs.

That is all I can say for now.

Efff yeah... Maybe the route to go with home-brew titles would be a non-profit or not-for-profit that people could donate money to - as a tax deduction - and then the organization pays the programmers. Or a church. Hey, that's more legit than the Church of Elvis!

Yes. I've been working on another Lynx title since Zaku shipped, but I cannot say when it will be done. It's very much a leisure project.

However, next year I'm obliged to ship something for the 7800 and Windows PCs.

That is all I can say for now.

Beauty, I'm a 7800 virgin and I just bought a system from eBay... I hope it'll be a ripper of a game! :grin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From their webpage:

http://www.zaku-lynx.com/purchase.htm

"Prior to making a payment, please note you are paying for a pre-order. Zaku will begin shipping in 2018. We will keep you informed as to the status of your order. Thank you for your attention."

Think I'll pre-order one at the end of this year.

Just bought a bunch of games for the Atari 2600, Jaguar and Videopac (odyseey 2) :)

I placed my order a few months ago.

Come on people, we need more of you to order.

Do it

Do it now

No way. I am not an idiot. Handing over the entire sum of money they want for it and then wait SOMEWHERE in 2018 ?

They (or I) can be dead and gone before that time...

It is insane and I can't believe people are willing to do this....but to each his own so no I will NOT order it for YOUR sake....

I will wait until I see them shipping. If I miss it so be it....

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1