IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic 2010

Retro Rogue

Actually, the last two years we've had to actually kick people out of the vending area at close on Sunday because it was still busy.

Yeah I know, I was one of those people. :) Still, it's normally not nearly as crowded as Saturday. Then again, you can sometimes get great "I don't want to take it home" deals from the vendors on Sunday. That's always one of the best reasons to stick around. :)

Tempest

Sunday is generally a slow day and many of the smaller vendors either leave early or don't show up on Sunday. It's not a crime if you miss it.

Tempest

Actually, the last two years we've had to actually kick people out of the vending area at close on Sunday because it was still busy. Same with the museum/event area - in years past I started packing up around 3. The last two years we've had a lot of people staying in there right up until close.

And this year's Sunday is different. We're doing Sunday as "family day" and pushing a lot of different events and competitions that will not be on Saturday.

Will it still be a short day, Sunday? I'm definitely going to drive this time, I couldn't buy stuff last time because I flew. Right now I'm considering if I should bring the kids or not.

AX

Making the drive up there Friday and will be there for the Saturday show. Unfortunately, turning around and heading back on Sunday :/ It was great last year.

What was the entrance price last year, $15? And I got a sealed Dreamcast homebrew for that price too? AND a T-shirt? Yeah. That was just so awful on the prices. Hopefully I can deal with the same level of awfulness this year ;D

Learn How to Get a Games Industry Job at the MGC

Have you ever been interested in working in the video games industry? Not really sure on how to get started? Make sure you are at theMidwest Gaming Classic this year, as one of the officers of theWisconsin Chapter of the IGDA will be on hand to discuss exactly how tobreak into the games industry.

Space Invaders Co-Op Tourney Announced

Think you have great Space Invaders skills? Join up with a friend or family member and prove it at the Midwest Gaming Classic!

IGDA Meeting to be held at the Show

The Wisconsin chapter of the International Game Developers Association, or IGDA, will be hosting an open meeting at the show.

Take on your friends in the Versus Room

New for 2010, want to play games against each other in ways you never expected? You won't want to miss this room!

I'm still planning on bringing my CoCo 3 again for the museum. Hopefully I will have a nice little LCD this time around instead of lugging that CRT TV I brought last year.

And the wife isn't going this year, so look out ladies! :D

Yup that's right ladies look out for thanatos's wife if she finds you trying to snuggle up to him lol.

See you at the show buddy. :)

The ECA Joins as a Sponsor

The Entertainment Consumer Association, or ECA, has joined the Midwest Gaming Classic as a sponsor!

So Many Presentations, Space is Expanded

At the 2010 Midwest Gaming Classic, there are going to be so many different presentations from people that for the first time ever, there will be two different main speaking venues!

VGEvo to Return

VGEvo.com, the community center which includes the amazing VGEvo Podcast Network, is set to return to the Midwest Gaming Classic in 2010!

Frogger Tournament Announced

It's not easy being green, nor is it easy winning this brand new Frogger tournament at the Midwest Gaming Classic!

Star Fox Competition on Star Fox Competition Cart

Want to compete on a really rare cartridge made specifically for competition? Then check out the Star Fox Competition Cartridge competition!

New Super Mario Bros. Wii Tournament Announced

Think you are good at this modern classic? The Midwest Gaming Classic is teaming up with 102.9 the Hog to bring you a brand new tournament!

Irides: Master of Blocks Tournaments Announced

New Dreamcast release Irides: Master of Blocks will host two different tournaments at the show -- single player and co-op!

Raiden Tournament to be Held

Classic 2D shoot-em-up game Raiden will have an intense tournament held at this year's show!

Opcode Games Joins the MGC!

The Midwest Gaming Classic is proud to announce Opcode Games as a new vendor for the 2010 show!

Edited by wgungfu

Has anyone gotten their wristbands yet? I ordered my tickets a few weeks ago and nothing has come yet. I seem to remember them coming in the mail fairly promptly last year. Maybe it's too early yet?

Tempest

Have not ordered mine yet planning on it this week and yes i seem to recall them coming fairly quick last time i ordered one.

Has anyone gotten their wristbands yet? I ordered my tickets a few weeks ago and nothing has come yet. I seem to remember them coming in the mail fairly promptly last year. Maybe it's too early yet?

Hey all,

There should have been an email sent when you ordered telling you that the tickets will be coming starting this next week, but it seems that it got lost in the tubes for a lot of people. Tickets will be shipping shortly, we're just finalizing a pretty sweet pre-order bonus for anyone ordering a two-day ticket with us early. Expect an announcement regarding that either today or tomorrow, and the tickets to be shipped shortly after that!

Can't wait to see everyone at the show this year, it's shaping up to be the biggest and best MGC ever!

Tempest / joypacman - would LOVE to attend (WANT) this event...!!! Can we go together? 90% sure I can but work may make this not so... We can talk this weekend!!!!

Jeff we will see you this weekend and we can chat about the event...Not for sure if you can travel with me due the time we are leaving for the show and where we will be staying plus i am only going for one day too.

Is being at the show both days required for tournament entry?

Heyya,

Sorry, I don't get a chance to reply much on here, and probably won't get many chances before the show. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to use our contact form on the site, and I'll get back to you ASAP. However, since I'm here :)

There is no tournament that requires you to be present for both days. We purposely broke the tournaments up into two separate day's worth of tournaments with the exception of the Midwest Pinball Championship. Everything else will be competed on only one day. We haven't put up the final list of which days each tournament will be run, as we are still getting stuff lined up just right, and have one or two more surprises up our sleeve regarding them.

For the Midwest Pinball Championship, while it does go on for two days, you could come and enter early on Sunday and technically win it all that way. It's just harder to jockey for position.

There will also, soon, be an announcement for a Friday night pinball tournament at the event, if you want to try something different.

And, for all those who pre-ordered, your tickets (as vouchers this year!) are now on their way, as well as a free year-long membership to the ECA, a very cool pre-order bonus worth $19.99. And, although we haven't "officially" announced it yet, you also get a coupon for one of the goodie bags guaranteed. Last year, we had 1500 of these that we gave out, and we ran out by noon on Saturday, so pre-ordering is a great way to ensure you get one. You do need to get a Saturday or two-day ticket to ensure the goodie bag, however.

Finally, I'd like to encourage people who are planning on attending to pre-order if at all possible. Not just do you get the great bonuses, but I can guarantee that every dollar of pre-order money goes directly into making the show even better! For instance, because of how strong presale ticket sales have been, we're undertaking a HUGE electrical upgrade right now to our arcade room, which is literally costing us thousands upon thousands of dollars to complete but will ensure very smooth operation of the arcade room at the show. Each dollar is reinvested into something before the show even opens, and you are literally helping us to make it a better experience!

All right, keep watching the site (maybe even sign up for the mailing list!) for lots more awesome details coming out in the weeks ahead! This is going to be the biggest and best Midwest Gaming Classic yet!

• 2 weeks later...