IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

So I already notified Capt. Bob via Facebook, but if he looks at this, or anyone talks with him regularly, please tell him he (inadvertently?) joined that "other" Minnesota retrogaming group. We are "Minnesota Retro Gamers"- no "Society".

We seem to have a lot less going on & way less members, but we'd appreciate it if he'd join up.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

So I already notified Capt. Bob via Facebook, but if he looks at this, or anyone talks with him regularly, please tell him he (inadvertently?) joined that "other" Minnesota retrogaming group. We are "Minnesota Retro Gamers"- no "Society".

We seem to have a lot less going on & way less members, but we'd appreciate it if he'd join up.

He is well aware of it :P, will mention it on the next 5200 super podcast, Colecovisions, Channel F Files, Intarivisions as well to help drum up more members for you.

Edited by thevnaguy
  • Like 1

Between podcasts and forums, I think I talk more about playing games than actually playing them. :(

Same here. The only gaming I did was Fallout Shelter, which I'm now bored with. I tried to play some Intelly last night(while listening to the latest episode), only to find out the controllers aren't working, unless it's Demon Attack. You think Maze-A-Tron is hard? Try not being able to go left.

Just a public nod/thanks to S1500 for sitting in as the 'corrections guy' on episode 21 of The Intellivisionaries.

Job well done, sir.

And thanks to your agent 'Johnny O2' for booking you...

That's the most podcasting I've done in a while. I gotta get the ball rolling for recording my voiceover segments for my side. Been buried in work, working out & getting audio clips.Lots of "isolate that!"s Don't ever try to plan out 3 podcast episodes at the same time.

• Like 2

That would be fabulous!

That's "Minnesota Retro Gamers".

Thanks Willie! I'll post in our group about those podcasts to return the favor.

It did not make Episode 19 for colecovisions as I already had that one recorded. however, I am recording this weekend for episode 20 and will get your group mentioned. do you have a webpage address I can link to in the show notes and say in the podcast?

Well it's a Facebook group, & www.facebook.com/minnesotaretrogamers didnt work, so I dunno. Like this thread, S1500 is the creator/admin so he knows more on it than me. The best I can say is go to www.facebook.com & search "Minnesota Retro Gamers". We're the group with less members (37 at last count).

We're ideally looking for MN residents (Capt Bob is here half the time) but again, it's not up to me who joins.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

"Many less"? We're keeping the finger-pointing to a minimum, right? RIGHT??? :D

If anything good came of the RVGS thread, it generated several new members who, it looks like, logged on/joined just to comment or keep tabs on what's going on. I saw several users who had but a handful of posts, if that. Hopefully they'll stick around.

• Like 1

Well it's a Facebook group, & www.facebook.com/minnesotaretrogamers didnt work, so I dunno. Like this thread, S1500 is the creator/admin so he knows more on it than me. The best I can say is go to www.facebook.com & search "Minnesota Retro Gamers". We're the group with less members (37 at last count).

We're ideally looking for MN residents (Capt Bob is here half the time) but again, it's not up to me who joins.

found it :), no prob! will drop it in ColecoVisions tommorrow when I record with John, the 5200 cast and intarivisions when we record. I can link to the facebook page in the show notes :) Will say "If any of you listeners out there are in Minnesota then go check out the Minnesota Retro Gamers facebook group at-----web address inserted here" :)

• Like 2

To those that listened to the old IMPLANT games podcast, I caught back up with Kris last week and we sat down and recorded another podcast for my YouTube channel. You can expect pretty much the same kind of talk that you were used to with the old show. This is a one-off for now, but maybe I can talk him into joining me again in the future. No MP3 (not sure where I would host it), but you can use a YT downloader to rip just the audio track from it if that's what you want. Otherwise, you can just stream it from YouTube (with video footage to go with the audio):

(link)

Retrogaming Roundup:

91 - the rise of RGVS

92 - the fall of RGVS

I think most agree that SoCal Mike made some blunders with the RVGS campaign, but I’m a bit surprised that the RGRUP guys are putting him up on the pillory the way they are. The whole “theme” of the latest episode—up to and including the title—is “LOL @ SoCal and RVGS”. From what I gather, they’re planning an additional dedicated episode to talk even more about it (probably smugly).

There are ways of distancing themselves from Mike and the negative image of RVGS without making a big spectacle out of a former partner of 5-6 years. I guess the controversy and the additional downloads are just too tempting, though.

I could hardly believe what I was hearing. In the latest show, you’ve got a bunch of jokes about the Mike Kennedy situation, then a top ten segment that includes Mike Kennedy as a main contributor, then a news segment that spends a bunch of time castigating Mike Kennedy. Pretty classless, IMO.

So… can anybody recommend some good new shows that will fill, say, 4-6 hours of listening time per month?