IGNORED

-------

Chris Leach

It really bugs me when people erase and edit everything they have posted. If someone sells something fine but it can be used as reference later for others, moved to auctions if it goes on Ebay, or anyone who has purchased can post about what they got. Huge peeve of mine! :x

(Multiple Accounts, Posting P&R in General Chat, Using Bold type or obnoxious colors to post, and Listing Auctions in the Regular Marketplace are some of the others... Then again my mere existance is a peeve to some, lmao)

It really bugs me when people erase and edit everything they have posted. If someone sells something fine but it can be used as reference later for others, moved to auctions if it goes on Ebay, or anyone who has purchased can post about what they got. Huge peeve of mine! :x

What would one be referencing?

I've updated my own post to remove e.g. Vectrex carts from the list, remove the respective picture and edit the title when I have new carts for another console that I didn't have previously to offer up. Just to clean things up.

I generally agree with Chickybaby on the subject. To even go so far as to edit away the title? I don't understand the purpose of that.

I do tend to edit the title after all of what's in a thread was sold. I prepend it with a "[sOLD]" tag so people don't bother looking at the thread expecting to maybe buy something.

Managing a list of stuff for sale by deleting what was sold makes sense to me, but I just move the sold stuff to the bottom of the list so if somebody was looking for it and is looking again, they'll know what happened to the item. And, I like when people leave the history of what was sold for future reference by others buying or selling the same thing.

Edited by BigO

I usually just use strikethrough to check off the things that have been sold. I too do not see the point of completely erasing every post in your sale thread. Perhaps he did it because he merged it with his other sale thread? Maybe if we make a big enough fuss about it, he'll tell us what was in here!

Chris

I generally agree with Chickybaby on the subject. To even go so far as to edit away the title? I don't understand the purpose of that.

I do tend to edit the title after all of what's in a thread was sold. I prepend it with a "[sOLD]" tag so people don't bother looking at the thread expecting to maybe buy something.

I like that method best. I wish there were some standards in the marketplace as far as thread etiquette such as prepending [FS], [FT], [sOLD], etc. I hate it when an entire subject line is replaced by "SOLD PLEASE LOCK". Especially when I'm procrastinating on buying something and I want to go back and see if it's still available. "SOLD PLEASE LOCK" doesn't tell me that's the thread I was looking for.

And what's the purpose of requesting a thread lock when the sale is over? Simply adding [sOLD] to the subject should suffice.