IGNORED

AspeQt: Yet another SIO2PC/APE clone

cyco130

I tried SDX 4.45 with Basic XE 4.1 in Altirra and was able to get it to work. You do need to choose an SDX image with a compatible cartridge type, preferably intSDX 128. Other cartridge types like MaxFlash won't work as they conflict in the $D5xx range. It's pretty easy to get yourself into impossible configurations with the emulator; in real life, you would know that something was wrong by the hammer you needed to fit two carts where there was only room for one.

Also, IDE emulation will also land you in trouble here for similar reasons, if you have it set to $D5xx.

The addendum to the SpartaDOS X manual also says that for 64K and 128K configurations you need a custom CONFIG.SYS with USE OSRAM to use Basic XE. Interestingly, I didn't need to do this at least to get to the BASIC prompt.

IntSDX was the one I was using (I figured the stuff about the impractical cart combinations, but it probably bears repeating). I'd left IDEa emulation on but those hardware registers are well out of the way and the machine was configured with 1MB. I must test this again later if it definitely works, though. :)

I tried SDX 4.45 with Basic XE 4.1 in Altirra and was able to get it to work. You do need to choose an SDX image with a compatible cartridge type, preferably intSDX 128. Other cartridge types like MaxFlash won't work as they conflict in the $D5xx range.....

Ahhh, I was suspecting that.....I was able to use SDX 2.1 (original SDX cart Image) and BXE but not SDX 4.45 (Maxflash cart image) and BXE. Same story for Mac/65. All these different hardware options confuses me - lol

Thanks Avery.

Edited by atari8warez

Folks AspeQt version 0.8 is here......

What's new in version 0.8:

• This version introduces the AspeQt client module AspeCl. AspeCl runs on the Atari computer and serves as a client to AspeQt. In this release only Date/Time functionality is implemented, in future releases more functionality will be added.

AspeCl is fully compatible with SpartaDos and SDX, and support the following command line switches:

TS => Set Date/Time on Atari

TO => Set Date/Time on Atari and turn TD Line ON

TF => Set Date/Time on Atari and turn TD Line OFF

usage: ASPECL TS|TO|TF
(ASPECL with no command line arguments displays help)
  • With the introduction of AspeCl the use of APETIME is now deprecated. AspeQt still supports Apetime AS IS, with no further development to adapt to future releases of APETIME.
  • MainWindow SIZE is now saved and restored.
  • Added a "Strip Line Numbers" option when saving text printer output to a PC file. This will help ease the conversion of Atari based source programs printed through AspeQT for editing/compiling on a PC based IDE/Compiler
  • Reorganized About Dialog content
  • MainWindow POSITION is now saved and restored.
  • Created and added an application icon, modified main window to use the new icon.
  • Fixed a keyboard shortcut conflict with Windows on text printer output window, also reassigned keyboard shortcuts.

Download the binaries and/or source from here

You can also browse/download the source (trunk) from here

Edited by atari8warez

Nope, that is version v0.6. the current version is v0.8 and is available from the links I posted above.

The reason for this is I don't have admin access to AspeQt at Sourceforge (however I can commit my changes there), so the latest binaries and all source files (in .zip format) can only be accessed from my website while individual source files can be accessed from the SCN repositories.

Hi!

Folks AspeQt version 0.8 is here......

Just checked the source and noticed that the fixed exe-loader isn't included. Could you add it in a future version?

http://www.atariage....ost__p__2470858

so long,

Hias

Sorry Hias I was too busy working on software+hardware lately, must have forgotten. Will include it with the next release.

Ray

Tried to compile under Ubuntu linux. The file main-icon/AspeQt.ico is missing in the source archive. But I downloaded from the trunk. Please could you fix it?

Hmm, don't know how that happened, but the source archive is now fixed. Also here's the icon file for people who dowloaded the incomplete source archive.

Thanks for pointing that out.

AspeQt.ico

Edited by atari8warez

Hi,

About dialog shows "v 0.7" and mounted image names are not upper case anymore (intentionally?).

At least folder images now also have a title again; I think it was gone with the upper case conversion :-)

Edited by JAC!

Hi,

About dialog shows "v 0.7" and mounted image names are not upper case anymore (intentionally?).

At least folder images now also have a title again; I think it was gone with the upper case conversion :-)

Yes Peter, it is intentional as I thought it wasn't really well received (by Fatih at least), although I don't think missing folder image names had anything to do with it, I simply removed the .toUpper from the code. I haven't done anything to bring the folder image name back, it was never missing for me and I could not duplicate the error ,

0.7 however is an oversight, will fix it now.

Btw, I love your WUDSN ide, together with AspeQt and Altirra makes a great development environment. I can write a code and test it immediately on the real hardware and debug it using Altirra. Thanks again for the great tool.

Edited by atari8warez

You're welcome fjc, I am currently busy building hardware, but the next thing in my AspeQt agenda is to tackle the folder images along with .atr images, both have incomplete functionality and need to be improved, then I will get to the SDX issue (unless of course there's somebody who wants to gimme a hand with that....anybody???)

Edited by atari8warez

I need to brush up on my C skills, so - without wanting to get in the way of anyone better placed than me to have a go - if I can figure out how to build Aspeqt, I'd love to tinker with it.

EDIT: Heh... what am I saying. I already have an Aspeqt project set up in QT from ages ago. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

I need to brush up on my C skills, so - without wanting to get in the way of anyone better placed than me to have a go - if I can figure out how to build Aspeqt, I'd love to tinker with it.

EDIT: Heh... what am I saying. I already have an Aspeqt project set up in QT from ages ago. :)

Oh, simply install the latest QtSDK and the code will compile no problem. In the meantime I've read the thread again for SDX folder problems and it does not look like a very quick fix. Besides I do not have a SDX cart, so I can not even test to see the errors :( . Anybody wants to land me an SDX cart :P .....

Yes - the sector numbers repeat every fourth sector in the file chain links, just to recap. The logic which arrives at this in Aspeqt frankly makes my head hurt. :) I'd be inclined to design a new method of allocating sector numbers to files, although I can see the difficulty here and understand why the current implementation was chosen.

I'm using APE too, but the 64 entry limit usually means files drop off the end of my rather busy XEX target folder. :)

The possibility of making the folder structure visible is also intriguing. Perhaps A800Win and Altirra source code would offer some clues in this department.

EDIT: Of course the emulators implement H: at the CIO level. I can see now why they don't do it via the SIO, since it's rather a complex proposition.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Hey, cool, 0.8 is pretty stable, while 0.6 was stopping emulation suddenly (but only the Linux version, windows version worked seamlessly in Linux).

In Mac OS X, I cannot compile the project, it tells me that these files are missing: stropts.h, termio.h, linux/serial.h (v0.6)

and the v0.8 sources complain, that AspeQt.rc is missing (which totally confuses me :/ )

Hey, cool, 0.8 is pretty stable, while 0.6 was stopping emulation suddenly (but only the Linux version, windows version worked seamlessly in Linux).

In Mac OS X, I cannot compile the project, it tells me that these files are missing: stropts.h, termio.h, linux/serial.h (v0.6)

and the v0.8 sources complain, that AspeQt.rc is missing (which totally confuses me :/ )

AspeQt.rc is the resource file for the AspeQt icon and yes without it the program will not compile. I checked the archive and it was indeed missing, so I've added it.

if you wish you can create a text file with the name aspeqt.rc (in the same folder where the other source files are) and add the following single line and recompile:

IDI_ICON1 ICON DISCARDABLE "main-icon/aspeqt.ico"

also double-check that aspeqt.ico file exists in folder main-icon.

I am not sure about the other missing files as I am not familiar with unix, hopefully someone with experience can chime in.

P.S: Maybe this, this and this will help you to figure it out.

Ray

Edited by atari8warez