IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

13 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Wow. Congrats! That’s an amazing price too for such a rare item!

I have 3 or 4 of them. Can’t remember.

i should auction one off one of these days…

I will be so happy to have one if theml 😚🙃

Are you looking for a Turbo european version CIB ?

On 8/22/2024 at 10:15 AM, Morpheus said:

Dear Intellicolleagues.

I would like to share with you a nice catch I made few days ago, during a peaceful evening (here in Europe).

I was scrolling Ebay on my Iphone just to keep my finger trained (and my wife upset) when I saw this cute Super Cobra French Canadian boxed looking for a new owner. The Sniper @Atari_Bill had probably a problem with his internet connection in that very moment…

IMG_6792.thumb.jpeg.96edff28f75e1bf6ec0e5300473c78b0.jpegIMG_6794.thumb.jpeg.228ff6a5b0200c19e62032dea1c20559.jpegIMG_6795.thumb.jpeg.9e2ad6bbc61573405daadb904dc16a84.jpegIMG_6793.thumb.jpeg.925de0a4f415d5b61561621dcb25b104.jpegIMG_6796.thumb.jpeg.eb0e822a2669ad51704f036eb91096b1.jpeg
IMG_6798.thumb.jpeg.86b34d401df3913c2a392778ff9173d6.jpeg

IMG_6791.thumb.jpeg.27fd3f908d31a3013c82803c0775335b.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/365064356640?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=whwrdutirj2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Nuf-_TBYSPC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I wasn’t sure if to buy it cuz it was not CIB (it was missing the french language manual) but, after a very long reflexion (that lasted approx. 13 milliseconds) I decided to give him a chance and I did buy it.

Also because it occurs that I have already one loose and lonely french manual that I bought two years ago and now will have a new family and it makes my Super Cobra FC CIB!!!

It’s such a nice piece indeed!!! It’s awesome!!!🤠🤠🤠

There is only one big problem now…

I thought that once that I would have grabbed the Super Cobra FC CIB I would have been satiated, but actually the situation has worsened cuz now…

I want it SEALED!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪😭😭😭

Please help me!!!🤣🤣🤣

Congrats!   So very nice!   You are correct, my eBay has been limited this past week as I have been in the middle of the Caribbean. LOL. 

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

Congrats!   So very nice!   You are correct, my eBay has been limited this past week as I have been in the middle of the Caribbean. LOL. 

Thanks Bill!

I might consider to pay you some more weeks in the Carinbean in order to grab some more Grails!!!🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪

On 8/22/2024 at 7:15 AM, Morpheus said:

Dear Intellicolleagues.

I would like to share with you a nice catch I made few days ago, during a peaceful evening (here in Europe).

I was scrolling Ebay on my Iphone just to keep my finger trained (and my wife upset) when I saw this cute Super Cobra French Canadian boxed looking for a new owner. The Sniper @Atari_Bill had probably a problem with his internet connection in that very moment…

IMG_6792.thumb.jpeg.96edff28f75e1bf6ec0e5300473c78b0.jpegIMG_6794.thumb.jpeg.228ff6a5b0200c19e62032dea1c20559.jpegIMG_6795.thumb.jpeg.9e2ad6bbc61573405daadb904dc16a84.jpegIMG_6793.thumb.jpeg.925de0a4f415d5b61561621dcb25b104.jpegIMG_6796.thumb.jpeg.eb0e822a2669ad51704f036eb91096b1.jpeg
IMG_6798.thumb.jpeg.86b34d401df3913c2a392778ff9173d6.jpeg

IMG_6791.thumb.jpeg.27fd3f908d31a3013c82803c0775335b.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/365064356640?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=whwrdutirj2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Nuf-_TBYSPC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I wasn’t sure if to buy it cuz it was not CIB (it was missing the french language manual) but, after a very long reflexion (that lasted approx. 13 milliseconds) I decided to give him a chance and I did buy it.

Also because it occurs that I have already one loose and lonely french manual that I bought two years ago and now will have a new family and it makes my Super Cobra FC CIB!!!

It’s such a nice piece indeed!!! It’s awesome!!!🤠🤠🤠

There is only one big problem now…

I thought that once that I would have grabbed the Super Cobra FC CIB I would have been satiated, but actually the situation has worsened cuz now…

I want it SEALED!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪😭😭😭

Please help me!!!🤣🤣🤣

Congrats! That's a great price! 

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2024 at 7:15 AM, Morpheus said:

Dear Intellicolleagues.

Congrats @Morpheus that is my most wanted variant and to have a the manual in-hand to make this CIB is perfect!  I've had a few amazing snipes on ebay but that beats them all.

I recently came across a loose FC Super Cobra cart at a local game shop but they were asking $130 and I just couldn't do it. It's really the box that I want and if I ever find a box, odds are that it will have the cart.  So the search continues...

FCSuperCobra.thumb.jpg.b3227f7f35d5f8ebad7580f2f066aa2a.jpg

That said, if any of the FC Super Cobra hoarders out there have a 7/10 CIB that they want to sell, I am VERY interested.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Congrats @Morpheus that is my most wanted variant and to have a the manual in-hand to make this CIB is perfect!  I've had a few amazing snipes on ebay but that beats them all.

I recently came across a loose FC Super Cobra cart at a local game shop but they were asking $130 and I just couldn't do it. It's really the box that I want and if I ever find a box, odds are that it will have the cart.  So the search continues...

That said, if any of the FC Super Cobra hoarders out there have a 7/10 CIB that they want to sell, I am VERY interested.

Thank you BigDumer.

It was my most wanted variant too, dunno why...

I bought a loose cartridge with the French manual in June 2021 for 130 CAD, from RETRO MTL, a canadian shop that sells on line too.

Usually I don't buy not CIB stuff, but that time I made an exception, given the rarity of the item, and now I'm so glad I did!!!

I wish you a very good luck with your search!!!

6 hours ago, BigDumer said:

I must admit I'm a bit surprised someone recognized that for what it is and priced it as such. 

13 hours ago, cmart604 said:

This one? lol. 
IMG_5133.thumb.jpeg.f1f61d86d5415bdfb4cad41aff10a94d.jpeg

I uderstand now why Turbo became rare…

Someone bought them all!!!😱😱😱🤣🤣🤣

And I bet that the same happened with the Super Cobra FC, Spikers and Super Series!!!😭😭😭😱😱😱🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I must admit I'm a bit surprised someone recognized that for what it is and priced it as such. 

Yes, they didn’t know the actual value of the game they listed, and I didn’t told them…🥴

It’s a big retro games store located in the Niagara falls area, they don’t even mention intellivision in the products they sell.

They probably priced it as if it was a regular Super Cobra…

Here in Europe the chances to find such games in stores are below zero, but in North America you guys can have really a lot of fun!!!

9 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

@Morpheus I am heading to Niagara Falls in 3 weeks.  What is the name of the store.  I may want to stop by.  As in, I will be stopping by.  LOL

Excellent idea dude!

You might grab some nice stuff!!!

Here what I have:

High Score Gamez
40 Hartzel Rear, St. Catharines

ON L2P 1M5, Canada

https://www.highscoregamez.com

Keep us posted and good luck!👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2024 at 7:16 PM, cmart604 said:

I had the same thought, but then I realized that the Price Charting price for a loose Super Cobra (regular international version, not FC) is $123 CAD!

SuperCobraPrice.JPG.7f0c95044d6cd0ea229c1f16204e69d7.JPG

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/intellivision/super-cobra

4 hours ago, BigDumer said:

I had the same thought, but then I realized that the Price Charting price for a loose Super Cobra (regular international version, not FC) is $123 CAD!

SuperCobraPrice.JPG.7f0c95044d6cd0ea229c1f16204e69d7.JPG

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/intellivision/super-cobra

I would say that the prices are too high, for both loose and complete: a regular Super Cobra CIB in good conditions can be found at 150 bucks (200 CAD), or even less, don’t you think?

10 hours ago, Morpheus said:

I would say that the prices are too high, for both loose and complete: a regular Super Cobra CIB in good conditions can be found at 150 bucks (200 CAD), or even less, don’t you think?

I so rarely see a Super Cobra for sale, I don't have a good baseline. But this is one of the issues in using Price Charting; if a loose cart sells on ebay for a strangely large cost, then that becomes the new baseline that others use as the standard price going forward. Not to mention that Price Charting does a terrible job on variants (especially for Intellivision) so if someone sells (for example) an FCTVVO Backgammon for $150, then it jumps the average price of regular old Backgammon. Normally this works in favour of the hardcore collectors. Someone will look up the price of a Backgammon, and post it for sale at that price...not knowing that they have an Intellivision Inc. Backgammon. At least, I dream about this scenario....

1 hour ago, BigDumer said:

I so rarely see a Super Cobra for sale, I don't have a good baseline. But this is one of the issues in using Price Charting; if a loose cart sells on ebay for a strangely large cost, then that becomes the new baseline that others use as the standard price going forward. Not to mention that Price Charting does a terrible job on variants (especially for Intellivision) so if someone sells (for example) an FCTVVO Backgammon for $150, then it jumps the average price of regular old Backgammon. Normally this works in favour of the hardcore collectors. Someone will look up the price of a Backgammon, and post it for sale at that price...not knowing that they have an Intellivision Inc. Backgammon. At least, I dream about this scenario....

Yes, I do agree.

Super Cobra here in Europe is more common, especially France and UK, average price is 100€ or so, they pop up now and then…

On 9/12/2024 at 9:20 AM, BigDumer said:

When I sold my NIS Poker Blackjack FCTVVO a few years ago (for over $100, IIRC), it took several months for the various PriceCharting sites to recover (not to mention lots of people putting FCTVVO in their descriptions when they were not)

• Like 1